Branded Reviews

• Jul 05, 2019

Am I the only person on the planet that appreciates this movie?!!! Granted, it was a little weird in spots, and it wasn't what I expected (actually, I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it) *But* I found the movie intriguing, imaginative, and heck, it held my attention. Off beat sense of humor, and good acting. I also found the issues it brought up interesting. So, if you like thought provoking, dark weird humor, and just weird period, just go with it! I am glad I did : )

• Feb 05, 2019

Don't believe the bad reviews. It's beautifully shot, features top notch actors, and a story with several intriguing twists and turns.

• Dec 16, 2018

Es un trabajo que requiere una amplia atención. Centrada en la mercadotecnia actual, con un concepto distinto de las cintas que buscan concientizar a través de la sátira y corrientes sociales. Branded es un filme que no será del total agrado de cualquier espectador. Una trama sombría que se sumerge en medio de la utopía de su protagonista. Siendo una apuesta arriesgada, merece una oportunidad.

• May 29, 2017

This film couldn't be saved unless it was rewritten and remade into something else. Despite good performances from Tambor and Leelee Sobieski (who aren't in enough scenes and used poorly) the film falls flat on its face early on and never recovers even after expensive imaginary CGI creatures attached to everyone show up. Skip it unless you love horrible stories.

• Nov 22, 2016

I find it hard to believe the Tomatometer here. Y'all must be crazy! This film is the most important piece of fiction to watch that will open your mind about the reality in which we're living today. The story is told beautifully! It has none of the boring linear structure that you find in movies. This is a movie to watch if you're fucking bored with the same plot in every movie and it will open your mind about the reality in which we live in. Seriously underrated masterpiece.

• Oct 17, 2016

rara, muy larga, pero buena

rara, muy larga, pero buena

• Aug 08, 2016

The critics got it oh so wrong... this movie is great. You get to see first hand what happens when global greed gets a foothold... well, in case of today's world... & even large foothold... sincerely, everyone should watch this film... that has a huge message about what's happening to our world today... & for years to come if we don't wake up.

• Robert B Super Reviewer
    Sep 28, 2015

Branded is an odd film. It is not exactly satire, nor is it a thriller, nor is it a mystical adventure. The plot feels very random. It is like eating something exotic that tastes interesting, but one would not want another serving. Try it if you want to experience something different.

• Sep 10, 2015

I signed up to RT just to review this movie. I can't tell you how much grief I got when I told everyone I knew how great Until the End of the World was. Same thing happened with Desire and Hell at the Sunset Motel. It took years for these movies to build a following and I have no doubt that this movie Branded will follow this proud tradition of overcoming the thoughtless and finding the love of the truly independent.

• Feb 28, 2015

I so wanted to love this indictment of cutthroat marketing, but it really is just not a good movie. The themes it explores and its story ideas are intelligent and relevant, however the performances are weak, even Von Sydow seems to be phoning it in. I think the voice over was added to give it a "Network" feel, but it just ends up feeling intrusive and artificial. I would love to see this idea get re-worked by an indie style production and see what they come up with.