Bridesmaids - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridesmaids Reviews

June 18, 2018
Vulgar, twisted and humor as disgusting as it gets this side of South Park. And it was all done by chicks. So great!! Kristen Wiig finally gets a vehicle to show off her talent away from SNL and, based on critical and audience response, has hit it out of the park. The only real problem is that the theme rode the coattails of The Hangover and was entirely too long at two hours and five minutes. There was about 30 minutes that could have been eliminated. But it was a great mindless flick and consistently funny, not just spotty parts for the trailers. John Hamm shines as an absolute sleazeball boyfriend!!
May 29, 2018
Only scene my wife and I found funny was when they were trying on the dresses. Otherwise, just not funny
May 13, 2018
a decent amount of laughs, but way too much drama and feelings. too girly for me (1 viewing)
May 7, 2018
The first half was too clichey with almost no laughs although the 2nd half picked up and had some good laughs.
April 26, 2018
When you first see Bridesmaids, an irreverent, wedding-centered rom com about a bitter maid of honor coming to terms with her mess of a life and her best friend's wedding, it is incredibly easy to write it off as just another humorous wedding story. Yet, I wanted to watch it again and again. If I were to only comment on the acting and writing that would almost be enough, as the film was packed with well-set, bright scenes brimming with comedic potential and definitely delivering. The acting delivered was natural and captured many female friendship moments which are often too complex to believably portray. For instance, the slow but eventually complete high-jacking of Annie and Lillian's relationship by Helen was perfectly done, starting out with small, catty attention grabs and escalating to grand gestures and proclamations of Helen and Lillian's newfound friendship. The realism perhaps made it particularly difficult to watch, and all the more satisfying when Annie's friendship with Lillian was re-validated in the end.
However, even besides the great script and acting, this movie finally portrays the story of the rom com "best friend" (a rom com plot many have desperately wanted to see more of) without shouting from the rooftops that it is doing so. Annie is not the typical rom com protagonist by a long shot (remaining jaded and depressed for the majority of the movie), and this movie's back story seems as if it could have been an entirely different rom com, a sunnier prequel with Lillian finding love with her someday husband, confiding constantly in her best friend who owns the bakery down the street. The movie which does exist could be considered a sort of post-apocalyptic version of the that first, more typical rom com. Even though Annie finds love with Rhodes eventually, the main focus and goal of the film is mending her relationship with Lillian. She is the "rom com best friend" and had let her role lapse. While most movies dealing with a sort of "discarded best friend" issue discard the relationship entirely and have the character prove that she can live without the relationship, this one kept it alive, brought its importance to the forefront. It was refreshing, and oddly empowering, to make the love between the rom com protagonist and her best friend the real success story of the movie.
April 13, 2018
Follows familiar comedic beats but still doesn't seem funny enough to be worth your time
½ March 16, 2018
This is one of my all time favorite movies! The plot is perfect, the dialogue is hysterical, and the performances are some of the best I've ever seen in a comedy.
½ February 18, 2018
One of the better films to emerge from the Apatow-Feig factory. Kristen Wiig really makes this work, despite a show-stealing Melissa McCarthy and a surprisingly likeable Chris O'Dowd.
½ February 3, 2018
The side of women that no men should ever know about. This film had me LOLing and it's carefree humour that will cheer you up after a bad day
January 30, 2018
Dada la reputación reciente de las cintas de comedia romántica, "Damas en Guerra" se sale completamente de lo ya visto, y nos acarrea con grandes actuaciones, situaciones hilarantes y momentos llenos de sinceridad cinematográfica, a pesar de fallar un poco en el desarrollo.
½ January 30, 2018
This film has hilarious scenes mixed with some tender moments too. Perhaps a little too long but overall an enjoyable rom-com featuring some very funny and memorable scenes. Rating changed from and 8 to a 9 on second viewing. GGN AFI 1001
January 22, 2018
The cast is wonderful and the script is excellent and raucously funny.
½ January 13, 2018
i'm so glad you were free..

Bridesmaids

A smart funny writing filled with semi-comic sequences surprisingly not irrelevant making the audience rooted for the characters; Bridesmaids is a done deal.
½ January 6, 2018
Bridesmaids is a genuine and hilarious comedy that also manages to be poignant at times. You'll be rooting for Annie throughout the movie and all of the actors are perfect for their part. A great movie to watch if you just need a simple and heart warming giggle.
January 3, 2018
Featuring a shiny performance from Kristen Wiig, Bridesmaids is ever so entertaining and better realized than a lot of similar comedies, albeit its showcase of talented female comedians isn't on par with its ultimate generic story arc.
January 1, 2018
Actually this film got me to register here. The amount of vulgarity in it made these women to be disgrace to womanhood. Very ashamed to see that women can get so deep.
December 21, 2017
120831: For months I resisted watching this movie. Everything screamed out bad to me. Every woman I met told me how funny it was. No men though. With that, I finally got around to watching this film because I desperately wanted some laughs. Something modern, something funny. Well, I waited 45 minutes for the laughs but they did come. I found myself laughing quite a bit but it took food poisoning humor. There is some entertainment to be had here. You just have to wait for it. Then you have to go through the seemingly standard serious crap, in this case, the love you moments. No wonder the chicks liked it.
½ November 24, 2017
Hilarious, well acted with good characters (as opposed to many SNL to movie translations)... a bit over the top at some times, though.
November 5, 2017
What a train wreck. It was embarrassing to watch the misfortune's and bad choices made by Kristen Wiig's character, Annie. Her character's relationship with her friend Lillian, Melissa McCarthy's character, the lovable cop, and the other two bridesmaids were by far the best parts about this film. Other than that, it was hard to stomach. Others may like it, but this is not what I'd call a good comedy by any means.
September 26, 2017
Funny as hell, I can't stop watching it over and over. One of my favorites!!!!