Bridesmaids - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridesmaids Reviews

March 10, 2017
One of my favorite comedies of all time. Kristen Wiig is awesome. Coming of age tale about a 30 something loser who is planning a wedding for her friend. Hilarious. The best. I laughed so hard. I love movies about people who have to overcome obstacles. Kristen Wiig really convinced me she was unhappy and lost.
February 19, 2017
One of my most favs!!!!
½ February 17, 2017
Funny movie with strong acting, class divide issues, nasty, fearlessly ruthless jealousy and disgusting humor. The movie will be regarded as a modern classic of sorts in a few decades.
February 16, 2017
Classic comedy. Reminds me of the old SNL films they use to make back in the 80's with cast members.
February 7, 2017
Being a bridesmaid doesn't sound like the best job in the world. Having to wear matching pink, frilly dresses and pretending to like the mismatch crew of girls you just met isn't ideal. However, when you're watching this trainwreck from the comfort of your own couch, you couldn't wish for a more disastrous nuptial, and Bridesmaids delivers. But Bridesmaids, conceived as the problem child parented by director Paul Feig, co-writers Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo, and producer Judd Apatow, is not your typical wedding fare.
So let's point out the obvious; the film is a female-driven comedy starring Wiig as Annie, the maid-of-honor to best friend Lillian (Maya Rudolph), and they are joined by a rag-team group of girls as the bridesmaids. Sounds like a rom-com right? Not exactly. With raunchy-bromance-comedy king Apatow on the board of brains behind this vehicle, we might be quick to point out that he has just replaced The Hangover crew with girls. But this is a shallow assumption. Who says gross-out gags and dick jokes are only for guys? And who says that the women in the audience wouldn't find this funny? I for one will take Rudolph defecating in a white wedding dress in the middle of the street over formulaic happily-ever-after's anyday.
February 4, 2017
So happy to be able to watch a movie with talented women, believable, fun and funny. There are not enough of these! Unfortunately, it may be hard for immature men to believe that they would want to see it.
January 15, 2017
This could have been a good movie. But it wasn't.
January 11, 2017
Good fun and great seeing women in a gross-out comedy for a change. Wiig is probably the finest female comedy actress working today. Jon Hamm is the balls, one sleazy fucker. The highlights for me was the wedding dress fitting, the flight to Las Vegas and Annie Vs the teenager.
½ December 25, 2016
Disappointing - some funny bits but no way as many as I thought
December 20, 2016
Parece mais um filme muito voltado para o público feminino, mas não! É uma das melhores comédias dessa década que fala sobre mulheres. O toque mágico de Judd Apatow, produtor do filme, é notável, assim como a inteligência do roteiro co-escrito pela protagonista Kristen Wigg -- excelente -- dosando momentos hilários com outros mais reflexivos, onde conhecemos melhor a protagonista. O elenco está em perfeita química e o resultado final, se não busca reinventar a roda, é muito acima da média. Muito bom mesmo!
½ December 13, 2016
55%
It's intermittenntly funny and the cast is good, but the film is overly girlish and silly. For those people who like PG-13 comedies of it's nature, it could be good, otherwise it's just boring.
December 3, 2016
It's just as funny the 111th as it is the first time. Clever, witty and honest, it's one of those movies that you can watch repeatedly and still enjoy. I know every line of script at this point and could quote them on command. You won't be disappointed.
½ November 13, 2016
If you have any intent on watch the movie, let me be clear - watching
it free is still too much to ask for this piece of crap. Get ready for
2h of over exaggerated fart jokes, which seem to be the works of a 10
year old, unfunny dialogue written by morons and a depiction of human
behavior characteristic to the mentally ill.
Don't waste your time watching this movie, better look at paint dry.. On the up-side some of the characters are very well depicted by the actresses and Chris O'Dowd performance of an actual, normal, human being is really refreshing. He was probably the one who drew the long straw, thus wining the only well created character...Bravo!
November 12, 2016
So boring and stupid
October 17, 2016
Best chick flick ever
September 20, 2016
Much better than I was led to believe - heartfelt and well acted.
½ September 17, 2016
I love it. It's well written, and well performed by actors I always enjoy watching (and, I admit, Rebel Wilson, whose natural repellence is utilised to great effect). Feig handles things admirably, and the Apatow influence is obvious in the more real, human moments, but it's Wiig's show, and she's absolutley fantastic (the scene on the plane contains some of the best comic acting I've seen in ages, and the bridal shower tanty is a wonder to behold). I'm always happy to see Rose Byrne, and she delivers another excellent, understated straight-funny performance. Melissa McCarthy is...memorable (totally in a good way). Great to see COD's profile get another boost - he deserves it.
September 13, 2016
Though it occasionally has some misses with the jokes and characters, Bridesmaids's main lead in Kristen Wiig manages to stay the course and what turns out is actually a pretty good movie.