Broken Flowers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Broken Flowers Reviews

June 17, 2017
Criminally underrated, this film is Jarmusch at his best. Subtle humour, resourceful screenplay and a great Murray. And beautiful music.
May 29, 2017
terrible movie. Do not understand the high score
March 25, 2017
this movie so sucked.
½ March 25, 2017
Worst, most depressing movie EVER! Comedy? I don't think so...
March 8, 2017
Vicarious investigations.
½ December 5, 2016
This movie fell very flat too me. Very dull and hum-drum of a movie.
November 27, 2016
Bill Murray playing Bill Murray, hehe. Sad, isolated, weird, yes it cannot be anyone else than Bill. His much-younger girlfriend leaves him, and suddenly he is chasing down a mystic letter, in search for his (maybe) son, as the son (maybe) chasing him. Mysterious, slightly funny and Jarmusch-trademarked.
½ September 5, 2016
Ultimately clouded by ambiguity, "Broken Flowers" is quite intriguing.
½ July 11, 2016
Bill Murray is still a legend top movie ending was a bit buzza
½ April 9, 2016
Spoiler alert! This movie has no ending! Just as you're beginning to wonder how it's gonna end, the credits come up. If it had HAD an ending, perhaps I would have rated it higher, especially if it was a GOOD ending. It starts with a contrived setup (the Post Office ran outta ink in their cancellation machine), moves slowly but methodically, and Murray does a fine job as a guy who can't decide if he really cares. But then, y'know, it just ends. Between this and Coffee and Cigarettes, I will never again see a Jim Jarmusch film, even though he apparently made the excellent Sling Blade.
February 23, 2016
The Astatke soundtrack is almost worth the price of admission alone, and the movie is enjoyable and funny. A rich couch-potato is thrown into a series of circumstances, none of which resolve the purpose of the quest, and more questions are raised by the end. The journey is all a pleasure, however, with Murray in classic, dead-pan, mode. The movie is relatively pared back, and doesn't aim too high, but does what it does very well. A classic Jarmusch film.
½ January 19, 2016
The adventures, if you could call it that, of a melancholic and rather uncaring bachelor. The amount of symbolism and metaphors, though at first hidden, is so stifling it pushes out most, if not all, intrigue the movie has. Sure, the camera-work and visuals do great to help get the point across and it's very clever, but this isn't material you'd show to an average movie-goer. This is something shown to someone who wants to not particularly enjoy the movie, but dissect it for all its meanings and tricks. Still, for what it is, it's solid. Oh, and major points for that ending.
January 16, 2016
Not a film for everybody, but a must-see for anyone who enjoyed Murray's turn in Lost In Translation. Jarmusch fans will also relish the picture, as his deadpan comedy is on the best form here since it was first unleashed on the world in Stranger Than Paradise.
December 21, 2015
Bill Murray is brilliant as usual. Jeffrey Wright is also outstanding. For music buffs, the soundtrack is fantastic and really augments the atmosphere of the film. Jim Jarmusch really nailed it.
October 17, 2015
Bill Murray gives a great and understated performance yet the lack of resolution (which I get we aren't supposed to have one) falls flat for me.
September 5, 2015
A few interesting and funny moments, but they are very few and far between. This is the slowest-moving movie I've ever seen
½ June 12, 2015
I wondered what Jim Jarmusch's films were like before seeing this movie, and I haven't since. Intentionally aimless and pretentious in the extreme, I was embarrassed for the filmmaker watching this. Bill Murray is as bad in this one as he was good in Lost in Translation, the performance is 1 3/4 hours of deadpan mugging for the camera, as if he was executing a vicious parody of himself. He needn't have done anything after Lost in Translation, apparently. Still not as obnoxious as a Wes Anderson movie, but that is no compliment.
May 8, 2015
Subtle and understated, lovely.
½ May 4, 2015
Bill Murray -- whose soul escaped while he was still alive -- only he could play this role of the empty man filled with hidden yearnings of a more animated person. Not sure I would rate this as a "comedy". Verified that if there is a movie with Murray in it, it has to be worth watching
May 2, 2015
A one-time-Casanova attempts to reconnect with four old flames. Muted, humanistic, insightful. A melancholic exploration of the disconnect between present and past. (Excellent Ethiopian jazz soundtrack. Bill Murray and Frances Conroy are damned resonant.)