Buried - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Buried Reviews

½ January 17, 2017
Good film overall. Not a lot happens but that's why I like it
½ January 9, 2017
The movie was very well made and Reynolds had a very good performance. It invokes that sense of claustrophobia, dread and fear very well. It could have been an excellent film if it were not for the ending. The ending absolutely killed the movie for me, after everything that happened and that is the ending we get? It was just such a weak ending in my opinion.
December 27, 2016
A really good psychological thriller
December 22, 2016
Claustrophobic and unnerving to actor Ryan Reynolds, nestled in the terrible fears of which one would never want to end
December 10, 2016
At the beginning I was wondering if the whole movie was going to be watching this guy in a coffin. It was. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be or some reviewers said, but I also wasn't on the edge of my seat too often. I was confused about the music during the credits. It was lively compared to the movie, a complete opposite tone that made you say WTF?!? when it starts.
November 24, 2016
A manipulative thriller that wants to be a claustrophobic experience but has an irritatingly intrusive score and a heavy-handed, unnecessarily overstylish direction. Besides, Reynolds is not very good and his character acts like an imbecile during most of the film.
½ November 15, 2016
Insane movie. It's so intense. Ryan Reynolds' performance made this movie 10x better. The story is very interesting and the ending plays with your emotional. A very well done movie with such a small budget. Very creative and talented.
½ November 12, 2016
A tense and emotional film that pulls off its singular setting throughout the entirety of the film. (A-) 9/10
½ November 7, 2016
Although it benefits from an interesting claustrophobic gimmick that brings out the strongest in Ryan Reynolds' talent, Buried unfortunately comes up short on dramatic excitement and suspense, with a payoff that fails to actually pay off.
November 1, 2016
Thats a sad movie. Imagine being in his shoes...... Im never taking a job in the middle east that my life can be at jeopardy, and then get kidnapped.
October 21, 2016
Ryan Reynolds does a good job delivering on a stupid script, but his character's behavior and that of just about everyone else is so irrational that it makes the movie difficult to watch. The premise is really better suited for a short film. It could have been a great film festival favorite as a short at 15 to maybe 45 minutes, but bloating it with irrational behavior and often absurdly unproductive dialogue was really, really annoying. Furthermore, much like the script the oxygen in that space seemed to outlast practicality. Again, better suited for a short film.
½ October 15, 2016
I just wasted almost two hours of my life. This isn't one of those "finish-the-movie-feeling-empowered" kinds of movies.
October 7, 2016
A remarkable achievement. See this, whoever you are.
September 17, 2016
This movie was phenomenal, and then came the ending.

'Nuff said
September 9, 2016
Great acting Ryan Reynolds!
½ September 7, 2016
If you want to end your night pissed off, depressed, and ultimately filled with a seething hatred for the makers of this film... Go ahead and watch it.
½ August 28, 2016
A nail-biting experience. "Buried" will surprise you with its intensity.
August 6, 2016
Gripping, impossible to pull yourself away from finding out the outcome
August 3, 2016
Love this movie. Adrenaline pumping, emotional and so intense. If you haven't watched it, then do. If you have watched it, then watch it again.
½ August 3, 2016
About as cheap a set as it comes with practically the whole film in one small wooden box, but there's great drama and tension throughout.