Buried - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Buried Reviews

½ April 26, 2017
Ryan Reynolds played this role perfectly!
April 16, 2017
Buried is a surprisingly effective, involving and emotional claustrophobic thriller with an excellent compelling performance from Ryan Reynolds.
½ April 14, 2017
THIS MOVIE WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME!! I WAS SOOOO HAPPY THAT THEY FINALLY CAME, BUT NO. THEY WERE ABOVE MARK WHITE'S COFFIN. FUCKING MARK WHITE'S COFFIN. What a waste of built up nerves and anxiety for this movie. I do not, I repeat DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOVIE WHATSOEVER. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF GETTING THE AUDIENCE EXCITED. If I could give this movie negative stars, I WOULD. that's just it.
April 4, 2017
This is a highly entertaining thriller which will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout its entirety.

After a truck driver wakes up inside a coffin, he discovers that terrorists captured him and are holding him for ransom. All he has with him is a phone and a knife.

Despite the fact that this movie is filmed in a coffin the entire time, the movie interests us every step of the way. The claustrophobic setting makes the movie really tense. The fact that this movie is filmed in a coffin for the whole movie makes for an impressive feat.

Ryan Reynolds gave a gripping performance which carried this movie expertly. His emotions and facial expressions engage us in the movie in many scenes.

I'm not going to spoil the ending but it is quite unexpected and sad. However, it is fitting and the viewer understands why it was necessary. There was really no other fitting way for the movie to end.

In certain parts though, disbelief must be suspended. For example, I don't think his phone would've worked under the sand. Also, he probably would've suffocated long before the credits rolled. I don't think he would have had enough Oxygen to survive so long. These nitpicks don't completely take the viewer out of the experience but it does bug them a bit.

Overall, this is a pretty great movie. As long as you can get by the nitpicks then this will be a tense and claustrophobic thriller which will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time.
March 31, 2017
It was awesome acting conveying the terror of his situation !! Bravo !!
March 26, 2017
Watching Buried is only slightly better than actually being buried.
March 23, 2017
yeah pretty good dude but would I watch it again I dunno
½ February 10, 2017
'Buried' is a tour de force in acting, writing, and direction, and exemplary of just how good a film can be in a minimalistic setting and carried by only.one on screen actor for the entire run time. Reynolds is nothing short of amazing in this role, and the writing also sets a high standard, ebbing and flowing seamlessly to deliver a tense, suspenseful, and emotional pay off from beginning to end. And good news for those audiophiles who have a decent surround sound set up, as the coffin setting notwithstanding, this has a very immersive and clever sound design. Well worth owning on Blu-Ray for the Audio/Video quality. 4.5/5*
February 4, 2017
Having a simple plot with stylish suspense, Buried feeds upon our curiosity, while bringing us to a twisty ending with a single super performance.
January 28, 2017
Exceptional played by the handsome Ryan Reynolds.Intense,breathtaking movie.
½ January 17, 2017
Good film overall. Not a lot happens but that's why I like it
½ January 9, 2017
The movie was very well made and Reynolds had a very good performance. It invokes that sense of claustrophobia, dread and fear very well. It could have been an excellent film if it were not for the ending. The ending absolutely killed the movie for me, after everything that happened and that is the ending we get? It was just such a weak ending in my opinion.
December 27, 2016
A really good psychological thriller
December 22, 2016
Claustrophobic and unnerving to actor Ryan Reynolds, nestled in the terrible fears of which one would never want to end
December 10, 2016
At the beginning I was wondering if the whole movie was going to be watching this guy in a coffin. It was. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be or some reviewers said, but I also wasn't on the edge of my seat too often. I was confused about the music during the credits. It was lively compared to the movie, a complete opposite tone that made you say WTF?!? when it starts.
November 24, 2016
A manipulative thriller that wants to be a claustrophobic experience but has an irritatingly intrusive score and a heavy-handed, unnecessarily overstylish direction. Besides, Reynolds is not very good and his character acts like an imbecile during most of the film.
½ November 15, 2016
Insane movie. It's so intense. Ryan Reynolds' performance made this movie 10x better. The story is very interesting and the ending plays with your emotional. A very well done movie with such a small budget. Very creative and talented.
½ November 12, 2016
A tense and emotional film that pulls off its singular setting throughout the entirety of the film. (A-) 9/10
½ November 7, 2016
Although it benefits from an interesting claustrophobic gimmick that brings out the strongest in Ryan Reynolds' talent, Buried unfortunately comes up short on dramatic excitement and suspense, with a payoff that fails to actually pay off.
November 1, 2016
Thats a sad movie. Imagine being in his shoes...... Im never taking a job in the middle east that my life can be at jeopardy, and then get kidnapped.