Buried - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Buried Reviews

May 28, 2017
Acting was good. Full of creative ideas. The follow through was average.
½ May 20, 2017
Although it benefits from an interesting claustrophobic gimmick that brings out the strongest in Ryan Reynolds' talent, Buried unfortunately doesn't wring much dramatic excitement or nerve-wracking suspense out of its one-note scenario, with a payoff that fails to actually pay off.
½ May 20, 2017
One of the worst movies I have ever seen! Don't waste your time.
½ May 12, 2017
Buried is a claustrophobic thriller that gets everything out of its premise plus a good dramatic performance from Ryan Reynolds.
May 11, 2017
I'm never going to work in Iraq thanks to this movie.
May 5, 2017
Ryan Reynolds performance is astounding! He should of been brought in for Awards season BIG TIME!
April 30, 2017
This movie was bad..the whole movie was in the box and it ended up that he never even got out from the box.. Horrible movie.. good thing we just watched it in free DVD rent from library. If I would've watch this in the theater I will ask a full refund.. geezzzz...so disappointed.
½ April 26, 2017
Ryan Reynolds played this role perfectly!
April 16, 2017
Buried is a surprisingly effective, involving and emotional claustrophobic thriller with an excellent compelling performance from Ryan Reynolds.
½ April 14, 2017
THIS MOVIE WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME!! I WAS SOOOO HAPPY THAT THEY FINALLY CAME, BUT NO. THEY WERE ABOVE MARK WHITE'S COFFIN. FUCKING MARK WHITE'S COFFIN. What a waste of built up nerves and anxiety for this movie. I do not, I repeat DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOVIE WHATSOEVER. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF GETTING THE AUDIENCE EXCITED. If I could give this movie negative stars, I WOULD. that's just it.
April 4, 2017
This is a highly entertaining thriller which will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout its entirety.

After a truck driver wakes up inside a coffin, he discovers that terrorists captured him and are holding him for ransom. All he has with him is a phone and a knife.

Despite the fact that this movie is filmed in a coffin the entire time, the movie interests us every step of the way. The claustrophobic setting makes the movie really tense. The fact that this movie is filmed in a coffin for the whole movie makes for an impressive feat.

Ryan Reynolds gave a gripping performance which carried this movie expertly. His emotions and facial expressions engage us in the movie in many scenes.

I'm not going to spoil the ending but it is quite unexpected and sad. However, it is fitting and the viewer understands why it was necessary. There was really no other fitting way for the movie to end.

In certain parts though, disbelief must be suspended. For example, I don't think his phone would've worked under the sand. Also, he probably would've suffocated long before the credits rolled. I don't think he would have had enough Oxygen to survive so long. These nitpicks don't completely take the viewer out of the experience but it does bug them a bit.

Overall, this is a pretty great movie. As long as you can get by the nitpicks then this will be a tense and claustrophobic thriller which will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time.
March 31, 2017
It was awesome acting conveying the terror of his situation !! Bravo !!
March 26, 2017
Watching Buried is only slightly better than actually being buried.
March 23, 2017
yeah pretty good dude but would I watch it again I dunno
½ February 10, 2017
'Buried' is a tour de force in acting, writing, and direction, and exemplary of just how good a film can be in a minimalistic setting and carried by only.one on screen actor for the entire run time. Reynolds is nothing short of amazing in this role, and the writing also sets a high standard, ebbing and flowing seamlessly to deliver a tense, suspenseful, and emotional pay off from beginning to end. And good news for those audiophiles who have a decent surround sound set up, as the coffin setting notwithstanding, this has a very immersive and clever sound design. Well worth owning on Blu-Ray for the Audio/Video quality. 4.5/5*
February 4, 2017
Having a simple plot with stylish suspense, Buried feeds upon our curiosity, while bringing us to a twisty ending with a single super performance.
January 28, 2017
Exceptional played by the handsome Ryan Reynolds.Intense,breathtaking movie.
½ January 17, 2017
Good film overall. Not a lot happens but that's why I like it
½ January 9, 2017
The movie was very well made and Reynolds had a very good performance. It invokes that sense of claustrophobia, dread and fear very well. It could have been an excellent film if it were not for the ending. The ending absolutely killed the movie for me, after everything that happened and that is the ending we get? It was just such a weak ending in my opinion.
December 27, 2016
A really good psychological thriller