Burn After Reading - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Burn After Reading Reviews

February 25, 2018
The worst movie I have ever seen, at the flicks
January 29, 2018
Plot is a load of balls. Biggest waste of a buildup ever
December 27, 2017
Quirky humor which is usually the only movie humor I enjoy. The acting was well done, even Brad Pitt which usually I can only see as himself.
½ December 26, 2017
7.6

[Joel & Ethan Coen]
December 12, 2017
A movie that finely highlights just how overrated the Coens are. They have no ear for comedy whatsoever. They can write "dark comedy" the same way Stephen King can write dark comedy, I suppose. I think they hit their creative peak with Fargo and No Country For Old Men. Usually they just churn out shit like this.
November 29, 2017
Out of all the Coen Brothers movies I've seen, this is the one I hated. Does that means it's bad and you shouldn't watch? No. The reason I hated the film is one thing, "It's not funny". I mean where's the comedy, I hardly laughed at all in this film, except for the dildo chair scene, that was pretty funny. The other reasons is that I hated most of the characters due to how unfaithful they were to their partners and the ending. None of the characters ever faced repercussion for their actions and when they did, it was just unsatisfying. The female characters, I despised the most.

So basically, it's a good film you should check out, it's just not the film for me, I hated the story, I hated the characters and I hated the ending. It just does horribly in mixing comedy and drama in my opinion.
½ November 1, 2017
Burn After Reading. A lazy, orignal, oddball 'comedy' that lacks the laughs and it just plain boring. You will want to burn it after watching.
October 11, 2017
An extremely tight and to the point script with hilarious themes and dialogue performed unanimously beautiful by the cast, especially Brad Pitt. Nothing mind blowing or cinema changing but a very underrated and hilarious film to behold.
September 26, 2017
Gets better every time
September 26, 2017
A film rife in hyper-satire is redeemed by the fitting analysis of such events by two CIA executives, David Rasche and JK Simmons, which adds an element of reflexivity that enables us to enjoy the story without getting caught up in disbelief. The Washnigtonian-insider themes felt overbearing at times, especially for a films with matter that transcends all ranges of people.
September 23, 2017
Storytelling at its finest, one of the Coen Brothers most underrated films comes from a bunch of silly yet hilariously written characters performed perfectly by the cast and directed to perfection.
July 30, 2017
A pretty good movie with pretty good acting and pretty good direction. Nothing spectacular though.
May 30, 2017
An unfortunate low point for all involved. I was particularly disappointed in the film, because the Coen Brothers are my favorite filmmakers. But this film, just didn't work.
May 19, 2017
One of my favorite comedies. Definitely the Coen Brothers at their funniest.
May 13, 2017
Coen Bros. worst effort. Horrible waste of talent.
May 4, 2017
Burn after watching as well. This movie stinks and isn't worth remembering. (First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
May 1, 2017
Grade - B
I found myself enjoying this Coen Brothers comedy flick. It's got some good jokes and an amazing cast, even if it's ultimately rather shallow and empty.
April 14, 2017
A quirky chaotic film that has it's moments.