Burning Bright Reviews

• Sep 25, 2019

Ridiculous movie with no sense

Ridiculous movie with no sense

• Aug 08, 2015

I was genuinely surprised that I didn't hate this film. In the end I didn't mind it the plotting was slightly predictable as you can pretty much tell how this film was going to end. However the direction was solid with the close up shots mixed with decent editing made you feel claustrophobic. Brianna Evigan was game even if she did look a bit too done up, while she did not have the charisma that someone like Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway or Emily Blunt would bring. Evigan certainly held your attention as girl struggling to cope with her younger brother's autism. She was even convincing in her desperate prayer to get out alive. Overall a solid if predictable thriller and one to add to your Netflix queue if it's there.

• Jul 30, 2015

Despite a lot of potential (an interesting premise; a tight, simple screenplay; a committed lead), Brooks somehow fails to generate much in the way of tension through his workmanlike, style-less direction. Though, to be fair, there's not much he could have done with "the tiger breaks down the door (again)" that wouldn't have made me roll my eyes in disbelief. And he does make a couple of good decisions, like just letting the camera roll as Evigan tries to figure out how to load a gun. Honestly, it works better as a study of the frustrations of caring for a severely autistic child than a horror movie.

• Apr 18, 2015

Decent for a b-movie thriller. The first half is pretty slow. The second half has enough thrills to make it entertaining. It's the kind of movie you might want to each in the background while doing something else, because it won't keep your attention completely.

• Mar 06, 2015

THIS WAS ACTUALLY SUPER SCARY :(, the ending was sort of eh but maaaan the first like 3/4 of it? UGH.

• Nov 19, 2014

An absolute excellent, suspenseful thriller!

An absolute excellent, suspenseful thriller!

• May 16, 2014

The fact was I was looking for the similar movies to 'Life of Pi' and this title popped out. I got interested after reading its synopsis and seeing the trailer though I was aware that the movie's a B grade so my expectation was never been so high. I must say that I quite enjoyed it. There were plenty of flaws, but was not noticeable easily. The concept story was good, but the reason for it was not convincible. The behavior of wild cat was not exactly according to the reality. We know that it is a trained animal, though they were shied to expose it complete rather than showing with a shaken camera in crucial scenes. In the other side it was so quick in pace with three nice characters including the Royal Bengal Tiger. Overall a fine little thriller.

• May 16, 2014

Probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen lol

Probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen lol

• Jan 05, 2014

I expected this to be a bad cheap horror but in fact it was creepy and edge of your seat type of stuff..... The lead actress was good and there was a neat little twist that you could see coming quite early on. The tiger was real made made this even scarier

• Nov 09, 2013