Captain Corelli's Mandolin Reviews

• May 04, 2020

Bad accents, average writing, the movie couldn't survive its romantic scenery and promising storyline.

• Apr 06, 2019

Greatest movie from Nicolas Cage. Nice love story.

Greatest movie from Nicolas Cage. Nice love story.

• Mar 07, 2019

Legitimately ashamed that I bought this This movie should be burned at the stake along with anyone who claims they actually like it. You'd think a team of Nic Cage and Penelope Cruz could be amazing, but the only thing amazing about it is how amazingly bad it is. All mandolins around the world cry whenever anyone watches this movie. It doesn't help that it feels like it's 5 hours long. I give an extra half of a star because I'd like to believe that deep down in the jumbled recesses of his coke-addled mind, Cage actually thought his character WAS the mandolin.

• Dec 05, 2018

I generally liked the movie, because it is a nice love-war story. I think it would be much better if real Greek and Italian actors starred in the film.

• Aug 18, 2018

A movie full of various emotions, with fabulous landscapes specific to Kefalonia. in which you find everything: Live music that creates goodwill, serious business (family and historical) so in front of us you can develop a true family film, addressed to several types of ages. With regard to half-dividing, he vaguely reminded me of the novel "The Last night of love, the first night of war", noting that war scenes are not so hard to digest from a descriptive point of view. The film is thus more friendly to the general public than the above novel. the location and distribution convinced me: Penelope Cruz, Christian Bale and Nicholase Cage (one of his best roles)

• Feb 26, 2018

Gave up on reading the book but this is a brilliant film! I can't understand the negative reactions to it, many people I know rave about it! Great cinematography and an incredibly well crafted and engaging film. Don't look at the reviews just watch it.

• Dec 20, 2017

For some reason I can't get too enthusiastic about this film. It's a beautiful film and the scenery is beautiful, and the actors are ok. I think it's a tad too melodramatic and slightly incoherent, and I don't think the two leads have great chemistry. But it's not a bad film.

• Feb 23, 2016

I loved this movie. It had everything, war, romance, beautiful women, great acting, great scenery. Very underestimated movie.

• Jul 26, 2015

I think the book is better bur I give this credit that it has great shots of the scenery and well cast of actors and production.

• Jan 27, 2015

An adorable, cheesy film for hopeless romantics. Love the setting and scenery... makes me want to buy and live in a tiny cottage in a greek seaside village.