Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter Reviews

• Jul 04, 2021

In a better world, there would be way more than just one movie with Captain Kronos (Horst Janson, dubbed by Julian Holloway) in it. Along with his partner Professor Hieronymus Grost (John Cater), he's come to town to investigate a series of vampire-style murders, but while he's there, why not romance Carla (Caroline Munro), a gypsy girl in jail for dancing on the Sabbath? The only movie directed by Brian Clemens, who also wrote for the Avengers as well as the movies Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde, And Soon the Darkness and — I'm sorry — Highlander 2: The Quickening, this really has everything I want in a movie. A tough hero. A gorgeous girl. Evil incarnate. And enough fighting and swashbuckling to keep me invested for 91 minutes. You have to love a movie that posits that different vampires need to be killed in different ways, then has a scene where the heroes try every method to kill one of the undead until it stays dead. For everyone that says that this movie is kind of boring, it's a movie that has a sword with a mirror on it that kills bloodsuckers and Caroline Munro is in it. I mean, are you that greedy that you want any more than that? Also, in my perfect world, there would have totally been a Kronos and Christopher Lee face-off. I'm not one for remakes, but this is one that should happen.

• Mar 21, 2021

Love this movie, have it all, is scary, have mistery, have a surprise twist, Caroline Munroe is breathtaking, beautiful enviroments, totally recommended.

• Feb 15, 2021

The swashbuckling film that can be considered a spin-off to the "Karnstien Trilogy" of films. While not as good as the first film in the trilogy it does meet the same level of quality as its third, rising above the middle film.

• Oct 30, 2020

A very crude, minimalist vampire story, focused more on the vampire hunter than the vampire. All of the violence is suggested or hinted at, i.e. only seeing a spray of blood. The swordplay is amateurish and poorly choreographed. For as few people who actually appear on screen, it is amazing how many are attractive women. There are a couple of unusual additions to the vampire mythos that I have never seen anywhere else, but certainly not enough to carry the movie.

• Jun 03, 2020

Muy pulp y con momentos delirantemente divertidos; lástima que no sean muchos....

• Apr 30, 2020

These old Hammer films are usually laughable and funny with horribly bad acting and ludicrous plots. This one is not exception! So bad they are hilarious!

• Nov 16, 2018

I like period piece films .This film take its self very serious. Point being a few scenes were characteristic of melodrama, especially in being exaggerated. In turn ended up playing out hysterically funny!! One great line delivered by Captain Kronos to a vampiric adversary quote "This is God's Blade forged for your Black Heart" was priceless. "Captain Kronos" was an attempt to revive the genre by rewriting the rules.Vampires exist in many forms & vampiric strains , winking at the audience and introducing a swashbuckling new vampire hunter. It is said that Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter is one of Quentin Tarantino's favourite movies . The film is full of rapier-sharp wit and sly charm and I can see why "Captain Kronos" has a major cult following.

• May 26, 2018

Fun, silly film with good, chilling music.

Fun, silly film with good, chilling music.

• May 28, 2016

A not-entirely-successful fusion of Hammer horror with swashbuckling elements. It's a decent film, but I'm not too impressed with Horst Janson as the titular captain. I think he lacks the charisma needed to make his part work, and that drags the film down a bit for me. I have no such issues with the absolutely stunning Caroline Munro, who's presence here drags the film up quite a bit.

• May 30, 2015

A middling effort from Hammer, that only features one vampire and is only seen in the last ten minutes of the film. Kronos spends most of his time killing the local villagers and bedding future 'Bond Girl' Caroline Munro. This could have been so much more than it is, however it's still infinitely better than Van Helsing.