Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter Reviews

• Nov 16, 2018

I like period piece films .This film take its self very serious. Point being a few scenes were characteristic of melodrama, especially in being exaggerated. In turn ended up playing out hysterically funny!! One great line delivered by Captain Kronos to a vampiric adversary quote "This is God's Blade forged for your Black Heart" was priceless. "Captain Kronos" was an attempt to revive the genre by rewriting the rules.Vampires exist in many forms & vampiric strains , winking at the audience and introducing a swashbuckling new vampire hunter. It is said that Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter is one of Quentin Tarantino's favourite movies . The film is full of rapier-sharp wit and sly charm and I can see why "Captain Kronos" has a major cult following.

• May 26, 2018

Fun, silly film with good, chilling music.

Fun, silly film with good, chilling music.

• May 28, 2016

A not-entirely-successful fusion of Hammer horror with swashbuckling elements. It's a decent film, but I'm not too impressed with Horst Janson as the titular captain. I think he lacks the charisma needed to make his part work, and that drags the film down a bit for me. I have no such issues with the absolutely stunning Caroline Munro, who's presence here drags the film up quite a bit.

• May 30, 2015

A middling effort from Hammer, that only features one vampire and is only seen in the last ten minutes of the film. Kronos spends most of his time killing the local villagers and bedding future 'Bond Girl' Caroline Munro. This could have been so much more than it is, however it's still infinitely better than Van Helsing.

• Oct 29, 2014

A great little gem in the vaults of Hammer one I never heard of till a friend lent me the film. Its a great take on the Vampire Hunter and again the special effects are great and its well directed and acted.

• Sep 05, 2014

Swashbuckling vampire hunting film with slick one liners and heaving breasts. Marvellous.

• Jun 25, 2014

Fun vampire movie that has Horst Janson in the title role stomping out pesky vampires in the countryside. I like how the vampires can run around in the daytime and not be afraid of crosses. This is well explained by the fact that there are different "species" of vampires that exist (which explains Twilight). Fun acting by all.

• May 23, 2014

I have to admit that this is a favorite of my, though it really should be titled Frisky Captain Kronos: Punanny and Vampire Hunter.

• Apr 26, 2014

Captain Kronos: The Vampire Hunter was Hammer Studios' attempt at doing something different with their horror films. Looking back at that timeframe, there was everything starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee, and then there was everything else that could either stink or rise above mediocre to bad. This movie manages to do the latter by mixing horror with swashbuckling, and pretty successfully. I can't call it a masterpiece by any means, but it's pretty engaging and the idea is pretty cool in and of itself. Most of the people in it are Hammer's minor alumni (as well as Amicus'), but they still give it their all. And, of course, there's the lovely Caroline Munro. Above all, it's a fun and well-made movie that's not quite perfect, but good enough.

• Jan 03, 2014

The Hammer mood is perfect enough, the story is just too dull after a while.

The Hammer mood is perfect enough, the story is just too dull after a while.