Cars 3 Reviews

• Apr 29, 2021

Watch THIS FILM. SHOULDVE WON BEST PICTURE

Watch THIS FILM. SHOULDVE WON BEST PICTURE

• Apr 24, 2021

I have been a huge fan of the Cars franchise ever since the first movie. I was really excited to watch it, since as a kid I was very much into sports cars and racing games. So this movie, which was actually good, seemed like a dream come true for me. I really liked the sequel too (that's a review for another time) and I was really disappointed to know that other people don't like this movie. So my hopes went up when I heard the third movie is also coming. The movie begins with a callback to the first movie, and it really sends me back to nostalgia. The races are always fun to watch for me, so the beginning absolutely nailed it. Soon after we finally get to see what McQueen looks like without his racing decals on, he's given a new paint job to make him compete against the next gen cars. I really liked the building in which McQueen trains. The training montages of Cars 3 could have been boring if it was a live action movie. It's a good thing it's an animated movie. Such scenes look more appealing to the eyes. And speaking of visual appeal, Cars 3 continues to maintain the same gorgeous visuals that we get to see in Pixar. The demolition derby scene wasn't as funny as the tractor scene from Cars, but it was enjoyable while it lasted so I won't complain. The bar scene was, well, pretty forgettable, I guess. I had to watch CinemaSins to remember that scene ever happened. And that's actually saying something, since I always remember every scene of movies that I watch on a big screen. I really liked Storm. If I was a kid he'd be my favourite character from the entire franchise (but no one can top Ramone for me). He is better than Lightning McQueen in everything, plus he also looks so good. I wish he was given more runtime and not shown to push Cruz against the wall in the end. That completely ruined his character for me. Cruz was also a pretty decent character. I see people talking about how Cruz ruined the movie, but she could have been worse, like the spy from Cars 2. Many previous cars are also given cameos like Doc Hudson, Ramone (yay!), Luigi, Guido, Mater, Sally among others. This is a good sign of the franchise continuing with those characters, unlike most animated sequels which completely discard all the characters from the previous movies. And most importantly, it's the message that this movie gives that makes it memorable. Cars gave the message that humility and being down to earth is what makes a better person, no matter how much successful they become. Cars 2 didn't give a message, it was just a spy movie and that's why it got so much hate. Here the message is more of a question. If Lightning wanted, he could have just added new parts and become a faster racer. He could have used crooked means like Chick Hicks if he wanted. Or, he could have even won the race when he had the chance. But he didn't do any of this. The reason being, the fact that no matter how much edgy and ignorant he seems, deep down he is well aware of being a good person. And he used this to bring Cruz to the limelight she deserved and retired like a hero. Cars 3 was a great movie in my opinion. The bad reviews don't matter much to me. But at the same time I also don't want this franchise to continue making movies like these. It had its fair share of problems and plot holes, which is why I removed one star. I'd want this franchise to make more movies like the first one, which are more driven by character development and every scene is well constructed.

• Apr 18, 2021

‘Cars 3' is a very worthy ending to the Lightning McQueen story and it never gets tiresome or absurd.

• Apr 12, 2021

An improvement over Cars 2 While another sequel to Cars was still not needed, Cars 3 is at least closer to the quality of the original. With more of a focus on Lightning McQueen and his internal struggle, the story has a lot more depth than Cars 2. The story isn't original by any means, but it's told in an interesting way and is a pretty fun watch

• Apr 11, 2021

Gene, Hi-5 and Jailbreak: Good movie!

Gene, Hi-5 and Jailbreak: Good movie!

• Apr 10, 2021

The funniest Pixar finale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funniest Pixar finale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mar 19, 2021

my favorite cars movie and deserves more credit

my favorite cars movie and deserves more credit

• Mar 18, 2021

Cars 3 felt like the first film. It had emotion and it felt like a racing movie. Like it should’ve felt in Cars 2. Cars 3 takes place right after the first one, which I loved since they Ignored the second one. However, I didn’t enjoy than I thought I did, I mean I kind of did but it felt rushed in a way. But a pretty good film. I am going to give Cars 3 a: C+

• Feb 16, 2021

The first two Cars movies were classics, in my opinion. My kids loved them. And when we heard there was a new Cars movie coming out in Summer of 2017, we were really excited. Then, we went to the movie theater, and saw the film. It starts off with a really good story, about how Lightning McQueen is getting too old for racing, and younger cars are dominating the racing track. He crashes. He has to go to rehab with a new trainer, played by Alonzo. Okay, still good. The second part, and especially the climax of the movie is why I gave this a "Rotten" Review. In the climax, Mcqueen is racing against the new and improved cars, and he literally gives up. he just let's the trainer take over, and she wins the race for him. This is what upsets me. I get that Disney wants to include more strong female characters, which is amazing. but you can't just replace the characters we all know and love with the new female characters! At least give Mcqueen a happy ending before replacing him with alonzo's character. What are you teaching our kids, to give up and let someone else do the task for you? the half star is for the poignant plot at the start and the beautiful animation throughout. Seriously, kudos to the animators at Pixar. I've heard about the grueling process it takes, and they really put out some great work here.