Casino Royale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Royale Reviews

½ July 24, 2016
Craig's first Bond film is still his best. Very good transition from Light Hearted Pierce Brosnan, with his glacier surfing to this big, dark, brute. The car flip was absolutely awesome! Well done, Martin Campbell.
July 23, 2016
Arguably the best Bond film of all time. The narrative is well structured and the film is full of brilliant one liners. Alongside the amazing acting of Craig, Green and Mikkelson you get some brilliant action set pieces, a superb score and some amazing cinematography.
½ July 17, 2016
Credible reboot of the long running franchise starring Daniel Craig that actually goes back to the original Ian Fleming source material and makes the Pierce Brosnan era welcome history.
The film is more serious (no Q or Moneypenny characters, less gadget emphasis) but still has breathtaking action sequences that are less CGI and an improvement on its predecessor Die Another Day.
½ July 16, 2016
Casino Royale is the best James Bond film I have ever seen. Danial Craig is a very handsome men, and his performance is great. The silly James films in the past is not in comparison to this. Excellent thrilling action.
July 10, 2016
Casino Royale is an excellent feat, mixing James Bond thematic elements with modern action shooting in delivery of a very stylish, sumptuous Bond film that sets a high bar for all the spy film that follows. It is so thoroughly complete as a film that I couldn't find reasons why it is not a 10/10, because I very much enjoy the 2 hours of watching and such genre of filmmaking is my cup of tea. (Plot holes shall be blamed on Ian Fleming's original novel)

In particular, I live how the scenes are cliche-free and cool, accentuating the badassery of Daniel Craig's Bond. The dialogues are very good. They appeared to be well-thought and was sometimes humorous. From "Shaken or stirred? Do I look like a give a damn." to "or I'll kill her. Allow me to." Old school humor in the lines also describes the character's situation and attitude in discreet ways are a shining aspect of the Bond film. Besides, how can one also not appreciate the acting chops by Daniel Craig, especially during the torture scene, and Eva Green's effort in portraying Bond's 101th bond girl, which has to be one of the more memorable ones amongst all of them. As for the small, detail aspects, the new Bond is given a personality and incredible build-up with scenes like the bomber murdering scene that showed his ego and Vesper's death scene that exemplified Bond's emotional vulnerability. His character was fully developed at the end and that in such graceful spontaneity.

My favourite moment, which I am often overly elated to tell, is in the app. half an hour poker showdown bet. Le chliffe and James Bond. Before the game Bond told the waitress a bunch of description for his drink, being cool and unorthodox. He soon screwed the thing after an all-in lost in which Le chliffe won all his money, as he was asked choices for his drinks, and it looks like he ain't got no damn to give this time. Spot on.
July 9, 2016
This may sound cliche but here it goes: Bond is back and better than ever! There I said it.
July 5, 2016
Favorite bond film so far
½ July 4, 2016
One of the best bond movies, shows a very real character that bleed and sweat.
½ June 24, 2016
Cassino Royale Apostou na nostalgia dos clássicos,cheio de referências e um roteiro muito esperto e uma atuação impecável de Daniel Craig,Eva Green e Mads Mikkelsen.
June 20, 2016
Daniel Craig's first turn in the tux. Just as many franchises have gone "The Dark Knight route" meaning they have turned stories darker and grittier, the James Bond franchise is now following suit. Daniel Craig is the most fit and tough Bond we've had. He's not the best James Bond, but he's good. Sean Connery, Pierce Bronsnan, then Daniel Craig. Script was remarkable and despite the point of the film being just a poker game, it was still filled with suspense and excitement.
June 14, 2016
The most interesting game of poker I've ever seen.
June 6, 2016
top 5 bonds all time
May 29, 2016
They got everything right with this. Perfect Bond film.
½ May 27, 2016
Casino Royale might be the best 007 movie to date, very close with Skyfall.
May 11, 2016
The greatest James Bond movie ever made.
½ May 10, 2016
Not only it gives the darkness and dramatic depth we all wanted in a James Bond movie, but it delivers the best of the 007 series
May 10, 2016
A return to the classic bond appeal with the introduction of a modern grit that is very much needed after the silly over-the-top bond films of the 80's and 90's.
½ May 4, 2016
Forgetable theme song aside, this reinvention of James Bond is very much welcomed. Besides the opening credit rolls, there is very few things to remind you this is the 26th episodes of the special agent. There is no money penny, no special gadgets, no world domination, no cartoon characters. This is a serious thriller.
½ April 29, 2016
One of my favorite bond movies of all time and that's saying something