Casino Royale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Royale Reviews

November 17, 2017
One of the best bond movies EVER!!!!
November 11, 2017
One of the better bond movies
November 5, 2017
"Casino Royale" touched me in ways I never expected from a "James Bond" movie to touch me. It had equal parts action and soul and let its protagonist become a more humane version of himself. I have not experienced the previous James Bond era but Daniel Craig sure sold the part for me. There's a quality in the James Bond movies, but "Casino Royale" adds another layer.
½ November 4, 2017
great rejuvenation on the bond franchise
October 21, 2017
Featuring not only the series's best action, but its best drama, Casino Royale coheres as not only the greatest Bond film ever made, but one of the all-time great spy thrillers, with a haunted leading performance by the brilliant Daniel Craig, and a beautifully tragic romance with Eva Green's Vesper Lynd.
October 20, 2017
Craig not Bond. This movie is too long and doesn't even feel like a Bond movie.
½ October 16, 2017
Despite the film's faithfulness to its pompous and chauvinistic heritage, I digress Casino Royale is exactly what James Bond should be.
½ October 6, 2017
A top-notch actioner. Craig is a great 007, the theme song is one of the franchise's best and the suspense levels are high. Campbell ("GoldenEye") masterfully conducts an impressive array of mind-blowing action sequences - not of the loud, mindless type, more of the inventive, memorable type - to complement the simple but captivating story. It does end up a little long as the writers tease us with several potential endings, but even in those moments "Casino Royale" remains comfortably above-par.
½ October 4, 2017
A movie about playing poker...
jamrcla
October 3, 2017
James Bond needed a reboot after most of the older entries got so silly it wasn't even fun anymore and the plot never changed, But this stunning film is brilliantly done by Daniel Craig who plays Bond perfectly, Some very good and brutal action scenes, And the best opening scene in a Bond film ever, It was nice to see that the gadgets are all but gone which made other Bond films silly, Bond doesn't have silly one liners he's just a heartless killer with a don't give a shit attitude just what Bond should be, It has to be the perfect Bond film, Very clever and the plot was very good if you can keep up with all the twists and turns, I hope Daniel Craig plays Bond for a long long time.
September 29, 2017
finally an action bond flick that has its twists and turns
September 25, 2017
Rating: 77%
It pales in comparison to Bourne and M:I, but Casino Royale still gets out immensely entertaining action, a gritty story, and a refreshing take on James Bond thanks to Daniel Craig.
September 23, 2017
Incredible action sequences and an interesting plot help drive this movie but the truly unique aspect of the film is the humanization of Bond and his counterpart Le Chiffre bringing two characters down to earth to create an immersive action thriller.
September 23, 2017
Not only the best bond movie ever made, 'Casino Royale' is one of the best action movies ever made and one of my personal top 5 favorite films. Absolutely a must watch, subverts bond cliches at every turn, and features the ONLY strong bond female character in the history of the series. Daniel Craig is goat
September 21, 2017
One of and probably the second best Bond film, Casino Royale is also one of the best movie origin stories ever told. Brought down only by its 2.5-hour run time, the film successfully introduces Daniel Craig's Bond, and Craig delivers one of his best performances. The supporting cast are all at the top of their game, and Mads Mikkelson is perfect as the villainous Le Chiffre. The script is very well-written, the action is fun and intense, the opening credits sequence is very underrated, and the film as a whole is simply fantastic.
September 8, 2017
awesome and great movie of the james bond franchise.
September 4, 2017
top 3 in the series. a fantastic character piece of one the most iconic action heroes in film. great characters, action and story. 10/10
September 2, 2017
Great bond movie, thoroughly enjoyed DC in the role.
August 28, 2017
My favorite James Bond movie and has a great theme to it! I love poker and that's one of the main things I like about it! Daniel Craig does a great job with the role as James Bond and Mads Mikkelson does great as Le Chiffre. If you like James Bond and/or poker you need to watch this!
August 15, 2017
Maintains a lot of what is expected in Bond films, but takes away the cheesiness and outrageousness. It should be the new archetype of remakes/reboots.