Casino Royale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casino Royale Reviews

February 23, 2018
Arguably the best Bond film of all time. The narrative is well structured and the film is full of brilliant one liners. Alongside the amazing acting of Craig, Green and Mikkelson you get some brilliant action set pieces, a superb score and some amazing cinematography.
½ February 5, 2018
Finally, James Bond is a bad-ass again. Daniel Craig delivers a fresh portrayal on Ian Fleming's iconic character, and the story (although it loses its momentum at times) almost perfectly balances the exoticism with the grit. Best Bond film since the 60s!
February 3, 2018
This movie is exactly what a reboot needs to do.Daniel Craig is fantastic to this film and by far one of the best book adaptations ever made.Very excited for Bond 25!!!!
January 21, 2018
In my opinion this is the best Bond and I watched all of them.
They brilliantly introduce a new character with Daniel Craig and I really love seeing Bond stumble and fail for the first time. On the other hand they still keep the old characteristics like the giant ego and confident humour.
The story itself is not on the same page as Skyfall, but it stays interesting and partly opaque.
Daniel Craig, Eva Green, Mads Mikkelsen and the characters they brilliantly depict keep me thrilled while I get to see cool action and impressive pictures.
In the end it is not only the best bond but also the best revival of any franchise.
January 12, 2018
great performance from Daniel Craig, and the unpredictable plot twist.
January 12, 2018
Daniel Craig is my James Bond Can't wait for Bond 25
January 9, 2018
Best Bond ever, pure class...
½ January 6, 2018
(92/100)
A long, well paced, story with great storytelling and action scenes. 007 feels like 007 again.
½ January 2, 2018
Many may argue that this is the best bond film, but me personally, I would only say that it is the third best. The main reason being that it is not as much of a bond film as the majority of it's predecessors. Otherwise it might actually be my second pick for the title of best bond movie, respectively behind Goldfinger. But I must admit, that in the end, I did thoroughly enjoy the portrayal of James bond as more of a real person, and that offering what feels like a more complete and involving story is a pleasant surprise. Something that is to an extent, unfortunately lacking in the bond series. Fortunately though, for the sake of us fans, Casino Royale does utterly prove that Daniel Craig is without a shadow of a doubt, capable of qualifying as one of the best actors to have ever said, "The name's Bond. . . James Bond."
December 29, 2017
GoldenEye and now Casino Royale...why doesn't the Brocolli bunch hire Martin Campbell to do more Bond films? He clearly understands how to do a great Bond film. Once more Cambell introduces audiences to a new Bond for a new era. Daniel Craig very nicely grows into the iconic secret agent in a very different world of espionage, far removed from the cold war influences of the book in which the film is based on. Yet the film stays pretty faithful to that rugged Bond first imagined by its creator while gradually reintroducing his smoother character traits that have emerged from the long-running spy franchise.
December 20, 2017
I mean... Casino Royale is the first James Bond movie I ever saw and Daniel Craig just sold me the role completely.
December 19, 2017
Craig makes the role his own, and will make you think Sean who? Incomparable acting, drama, suspense, and an ending scene for the ages. Not only is this the best Bond film ever, it is the best film of all time.
½ December 8, 2017
Outstanding Bond Film! Real Good Action and Romance!
December 6, 2017
Great direction and a well thought out script make Casino Royale worth watching, although investment in its plot and characters are sometimes hard to find.
½ November 25, 2017
For sure my favourite James Bond between the ones, not many, I have watched. Not only action packed, but also a bit wittier than the last ones.
½ November 23, 2017
Daniel Craig, the ultimate badass at breathing new life into James Bond!
November 17, 2017
One of the best bond movies EVER!!!!
November 11, 2017
One of the better bond movies
November 5, 2017
"Casino Royale" touched me in ways I never expected from a "James Bond" movie to touch me. It had equal parts action and soul and let its protagonist become a more humane version of himself. I have not experienced the previous James Bond era but Daniel Craig sure sold the part for me. There's a quality in the James Bond movies, but "Casino Royale" adds another layer.
½ November 4, 2017
great rejuvenation on the bond franchise