Certified Copy (Copie Conforme) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Certified Copy (Copie Conforme) Reviews

½ April 26, 2017
Like Before Sunrise but deeper, more mature, more philosophical. And you never know which is the true explanation of the plot- just like he was saying there is no difference between an original piece of art and a good replica, you can never tell which one is the truer form.
January 30, 2017
A middle-aged version of Before Sunset? I just can't get that.
January 13, 2017
I really like french/italian dramas, but somehow this cold-marriage never gets warm. A great flick in the first half, fooling us, subtlety revealing its true self, yet Binoche is sweet, it still lacking something.
½ January 4, 2017
Relying on the intelligence of the script and the talent of the leads, Abbas Kiarostami's Certified Copy is a profoundly constructed look at relationships with a very human core that is missing in many movies attempting to accomplish the same thing.
November 26, 2016
Binoche and Shimell keep us fully engaged with their characters throughout their conversations, and Kiarostami draws us in with his signature mixture of long takes and intimate close-ups.
August 16, 2016
A narrativa pouco 'convencional', a criatividade do texto e o ótimo desempenho da dupla de atores são atributos marcantes que fazem de Cópia Fiel um filme ousado e admirável, mesmo que enfadonho em alguns momentos.
½ July 16, 2016
Interesting intelliectual concept and unique but I'm not sure it quite works plot wise. Great acting, and beautiful scenery.
½ July 13, 2016
A brilliant drama that begins with a realistic approach but then suddenly shifts to a more surrealistic tone after halfway through, becoming so emotionally involving and raising a fascinating discussion about our perception of the value of Art - original or not.
February 3, 2016
Certified Copy is a graceful and often sweet meditation about relationships that captivates all but the most conventional filmgoers - delivering a career best performance from a sublime Juliette Binoche.
Robert B.
September 28, 2015
Certified Copy is cynical and postmodern and may be true to the reality of some. The style of the performance is a kind of anguished improv (which is certainly different). But the product is not very true to the trailer, and those wanting to watch a positive and romantic film may find Certified Copy disappointing. I would have classed it as a drama, and may have enjoyed it more if I had different expectations, but did not dislike it.
September 5, 2015
Too improvising in style.
½ July 27, 2015
Binoche is exceptional in this fanciful, talky Kiarostami film.
½ April 14, 2015
Shockingly overrated
½ April 10, 2015
A near flawless film.
½ April 8, 2015
Meticulously crafted to create a sense of personality and life that is unarguably rare in modern cinema. Outstanding performances from its reserved cast and real-time location shooting makes this film feel like we are physically watching the characters' day unfold, and with it, the premise unfolds as well. Masterful work in all directions.
½ March 11, 2015
Slican "Before" trilogiji i bas kao i tamo, strpljivost nenadano biva nagradjena.
½ March 8, 2015
La genialidad son las muchas lecturas que puede tener este film.
March 2, 2015
I'm sure there's something about this movie that I'm missing, but this one just felt like a less interesting, more pretentious version of Linklater's Before series. Binoche is great as always, but I just really couldn't connect with most of what was going on. I'm clearly in the minority here, so maybe I should watch it again sometime.