Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Reviews

• 2d ago

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's fairy-tale like allure may be considered weird, but blends Burtons and Dhals respective fun visions flawlessly together.

• Mar 22, 2020

Extremely weak remake of a classic. Depp played Wonka like Michael Jackson rather than the edgy yet lovable performance Gene Wilder did. It's CGI certainly aged poorly, making the originals hold up really well. The other characters were really stiff as well. The only two characters I liked were Veruca Salt and Mike TeeVee. The others were bland and I didn't like Depp's creepy version of Wonka. The overall color scheme was also a problem, being too bleak and dull compared to the originals vibrant and exciting color scheme. Even the Oompa Loompas were weak here, with it being one actor copied digitally and boy does it show. The original used real little people and it benefited from that because they varied in demeanor more, with some also varying in size.

• Feb 29, 2020

MASTERPIECE, one of the greatest movies ever. Sweet treat for children and adults alike. Love it.

• Feb 28, 2020

So different from the book!MrWilly Wonka has also become so much more awkward!2.5/5 stars

• Feb 28, 2020

What a bunch of off-brand garbage.

What a bunch of off-brand garbage.

• Feb 23, 2020

This movie is worthy of a second watch for those who didn’t like it the first time. Johnny Depp takes the Wonka character in a hilarious direction and the songs are great.

• Feb 13, 2020

I love this movie with a passion I love the nigs in the movie. Black panther sucks

• Feb 10, 2020

The movie was complete garbage. It was nothing like the original hated it out. It was after the fact when we got to see the aftermath of everything That happened to everyone in the Factory is the only thing I liked about it because it was so stupid and unlikely that happen in real life. That was gross of the original movie. But at least that actually made sense and had a good cast and even more lower budget for the original movie of 2.9 Million. The Remake had a budget of 150 million. Which helped nothing, it made it worse because the older movie with the smaller budget. Will still a hundred thousand times better than this heaping load of shit

• Feb 09, 2020

Do you know what a canary is? dot png

Do you know what a canary is? dot png

• Jan 25, 2020

Believe it or not, I've watched it many times as a kid but now (18 years) for the first time as an adult. And it was all weird. When I was a kid, I watched the film innocently, dealing with everything in an unexpected and beautiful way. But now, I saw that Willy Wonka is a goddamn psychopath and, in fact, everything was planned. For each winner of the gondel ticket he was there making plans of how he would take each one and fuck into the factory, at least Charlie who was the only one really humble and deserving of the list. And that's not bad, I liked it It is even funny to observe the danger in each situation. The cunning of it just waiting for the shit to happen. And the Oompa-Loompas, come on, they're just awsome.