The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Reviews

May 8, 2017
Narnia Prince Caspian was a good Fantasy movie I like all of this movie from start to finish
May 1, 2017
Grade - C+
It's still a lot of fun even if it is a step down from 'The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe'.
½ April 16, 2017
Overlong fantasy that I thought really didn't start going until the second half. Until then I just had the doggenest time trying to connect with anything that was going on. At least the special effects are decent.
March 29, 2017
I don't know if I like this movie quite as much as The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but I still think this is a pretty underrated fantasy film, I really liked it.
½ February 26, 2017
I'm pretty excited for this one.
February 25, 2017
2013-03-09. Rewatched 2017-02-25 with hubby.
February 11, 2017
Just utter crap. Not impressed, not magical, just a bore.
February 3, 2017
Wasn't good. Better off with the first.
January 16, 2017
While I enjoyed the first film's story more (it was so clearly an allegory for The Atonement, The Resurrection, the Battle of Armageddon, and the Millennium), this one is better made, better written, and better acted. Plus, it has a healthy share of Christian symbolism itself, some rocking battle sequences (how this is only PG baffles me; the intensity of the action has PG-13 written all over it), and some of the best effects I've ever seen (the badger, in particular, is photo-real).

The idea that the kids actually grew up in Narnia, then returned to their world while retaining all their knowledge and maturity intrigued me (and it makes their battle skills more believable). All that said, I still didn't find myself nearly as emotionally invested or involved in this as I was with The Lord of the Rings, the standard with which it will always, perhaps unfairly, be compared. Why Narnian humans now have Italian accents is beyond me, and some of the jokes fall flat, but all in all it was very good; better than the first in terms of storytelling, character, and filmmaking. ***1/2 (out of five).
½ January 15, 2017
More exciting, dark, visually impressive, and well-acted than the previous installment, though in a way, a bit less profound. Still, here's to hoping the Narnia film adaptations keep on coming.
January 12, 2017
Worthy sequel to the 2005 blockbuster moves a tad slower but keeps the audience engaged with the material. On Blu-Ray.
December 30, 2016
Love the first movie more than this movie
December 19, 2016
A great kiddie movie...much better than the first one...yet still forgettable
November 15, 2016
It's decent. The actress who played Susan, however, is not as compelling or convincing as the elf Legolas was in the awesome Lord of the Rings trilogy.
½ November 3, 2016
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian has gorgeous scenery, absolutely magnificent score, stellar special effects and excellent beginning and ending, but this was still such a major disappointment of an adaptation as the approach is just so poor here. Some plot points are changed from the book in a bad manner and the action is not only incredibly boring, but overlong and it ended up seriously affecting a movie that could have been very good.
September 13, 2016
The best of the trilogy. It has a lord of the rings feel to it.
August 12, 2016
Pretty big drop from the first installment. The story and the development wee a big bore.
½ July 11, 2016
7.8/10
The action-packed sequel to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, that was even more entertaining than the first. With many epic battles and the introduction of Prince Caspian, and many new Narnians, this Narnia is a lot more fun and epic than the first.
½ June 27, 2016
I liked this film only it's not as good as the lion, the witch and the wardrobe but it's still great.
½ June 27, 2016
Do the filmmakers know they stole the name for their crap movie from a C.S. Lewis book?