The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Reviews

September 13, 2016
The best of the trilogy. It has a lord of the rings feel to it.
August 12, 2016
Pretty big drop from the first installment. The story and the development wee a big bore.
½ July 15, 2016
More exciting, dark, visually impressive, and well-acted than the previous installment, though in a way, a bit less profound. Still, here's to hoping the Narnia film adaptations keep on coming.
½ July 11, 2016
The action-packed sequel to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, that was even more entertaining than the first. With many epic battles and the introduction of Prince Caspian, and many new Narnians, this Narnia is a lot more fun and epic than the first.
½ June 27, 2016
I liked this film only it's not as good as the lion, the witch and the wardrobe but it's still great.
½ June 27, 2016
Do the filmmakers know they stole the name for their crap movie from a C.S. Lewis book?
May 26, 2016
Takes heavy inspiration from Lord of the Rings, but can't pull it off on anywhere close to the same level.
½ May 14, 2016
The order:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)
May 8, 2016
Annoyingly grave and utterly boring, Prince Caspian completely misses the standard set by its predecessors with its slow pace and awkward storytelling, however its special effects have marginally improved.
½ April 14, 2016
This a sequel better than than original with still obtaining it's magic. 4.5/5
March 23, 2016
Though a bit slower than the first one, a darker Narnia offers many thrills.
March 23, 2016
Even better than the original.
March 13, 2016
I don't like the Narnia movies... but Aslan is awesome!
March 10, 2016
I was told that, of the trilogy, only the first film is worth seeing. I have to disagree because this film was even more exciting than the first one. I really enjoyed all the twists and turns and the epic battle scenes. Worth seeing.
½ March 5, 2016
It is an entirely different movie than the first with more emphasis on action and less on the story. It was very violent and not what I was expecting. What happened to the imaginative world of Narnia? (First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
March 4, 2016
I'm surprised that so many people didn't like this movie. It's just as good as the first movie. It does everything a good sequel should do: the characters are more fleshed out, it has more dark and mature themes, and the world of Narnia is explored more. The villain, Miraz, is a really good, intimidating villain. Caspian is a good, solid lead too. I get why parents complained about it being too violent for their kids. So, try reading the IMDB parents guide before you take your 7 year old son to see a hag cut open someone's hand. Overall, it's a good follow up to good fantasy film.
February 22, 2016
It seems the writers decided to only page through the book and pick out random bits they liked while making the rest up.
Caspian was one of my favorite books in the series and was butchered for the screen. Writers cut the magical charm of C.S. Lewis, cut the most intriguing parts of the plot, and what is left is somewhat well acted, visually stunning flop. The cheesy ending music and the awkward Caspain/Susan hinted romance is completely unnecessary. Trumpkin comes across as a one dimensional grump instead of the sarcastic wit that he is in the book.
The only saving factor was the brilliantly portrayed Reepicheep.
February 14, 2016
È vero che Alessandro Rossi doppiando Aslan ha risolto uno dei maggiori problemi del primo capitolo ed è anche vero che Sergio Castellitto e Pierfrancesco Favino si sono comportati bene, purtroppo però a livello di sceneggiatura il film è un disastro.

"Ma come?" direte voi "Non bastava seguire il libro?"... ebbene no. Hanno pensato bene di inventarsi degli eventi di sana pianta, e badate bene che non sono state aggiunte delle cosette secondarie, bensì degli eventi fondamentali.
Questa rivisitazione della trama originale è stata studiata malissimo e alcune sequenze risultano oggettivamente insensate.

Gli effetti speciali sono gradevoli.

Concludo tornando al doppiaggio italiano: Dicevo bene Aslan, ma per gli altri personaggi ci sono stati degli evidenti fuori-sincro.
February 9, 2016
It was either the plot was too rushed that it felt too long or if it was too long, the plot took ages to progress, but still a good film...just wasn't sure about Prince Caspian
February 7, 2016
I like this one the most the king is very creepy and scary I like all the action and fighting that goes into this movie I like how Prince Caspian gets ready to battle his father and they are at war. I thought that the Kings troops were very interesting I liked their armor that they wore a lot.
But this Narnia movie is my favorite one!!