The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Reviews

November 3, 2017
This was the best Narnia movie so far I liked the action and fighting it was so intense I thought that Lord Mraz as a villain was pretty creepy but what a good battle Lord Mraz brought on who will win I shell let you find out and there's much more you will find out it has funny moments I recommend it.
July 28, 2017
Decieded to watch the three films with my daughter - only ever seen/ read the first book. This was amazing - the battle scene was so exciting ! Can't believe it's taken me so long to see this film. Must get the third one now .
July 24, 2017
Darker and perhaps more brutal, Prince Caspian nonetheless turns out to be everything the first one was: magical and dazzling.
½ July 9, 2017
It is a good movie and good graphics. I love the fighting scene.
½ July 2, 2017
"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" provides a couple of epic battles along with some clever dialogue to create a fun, family film.

One year has passed since the events of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and now the kings and queens of that land have returned to make a shocking discovery. Though by their calendars it has been only 12 months since their last voyage into Narnia, the four children are aghast to realize that 1,300 years have passed in the wondrous alternate universe.

If you liked the first film, then this film will give you more of the same and more of what you like with no real surprises. However, if you didn't like the first film, this will be more of the same stuff that you didn't like. Either way, I thought it was a well executed. It may not be the best movie, but I had fun with the first film, especially with its big action scenes. This movie gave me more of what I liked, so why wouldn't I recommend it?

One thing that this franchise has done so amazingly and deserves a lot of recognition for is its costume, makeup, and CGI department. I know the first film won an award for its costume and makeup, but I haven't checked to see if this film won anything. Either way, they continue their work with their stunning and realistic costumes and makeup. I can just imagine how long the process took to dress and make these characters look like Narnians. It's impressive, admirable, and applause worthy.

One thing that also stood out to me was the dialogue. I felt like the dialogue was actually pretty clever and well written. I like the dialogue spoken by our human protagonists, and they have some moments where I was actually smiling at how simple, yet memorable it was. Now I'm not saying all the dialogue is this great, because it's cheesy in some parts, but there were some moments where I thought it was written really well.

Another thing that you can really on these films are for the massive, epic battle scenes with the beginning phrase "For Narnia!". In fact, we get two big battle scenes in this film that are packed with some emotion, creativity, and epicness (Even if it is PG saturated fighting). The way they organize these fights are stunning and even if there are some questionable moments that make you step back from reality, they're certainly fun and re watchable none the less.

In all honesty, I think the worst thing about this franchise is the fact that is a family oriented movie. Yes, it works great for the whole family. But I imagine what these films could be like given a PG-13 rated. I feel like some elements of the story could be better elaborated on, while some darker moments could be even more darker. The fighting could be even more entertaining, and the language would be better fit for the moment. These are kids movies in the end, even though I feel like you could find entertainment in these movies at most age levels.

In the end, this film isn't perfect. It has some issues with its story, mainly being too similar to the first one. I mean in all reality, why does Aslan have to be absent throughout the first two films, only to help at the very end of each? It's simple things like that that makes for an easy escape at the end of films. Either way, you can have a lot of fun with this film, along with its predecessor, while enjoying some decent acting and amazing makeup design.
½ June 27, 2017
B
The action-packed sequel to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, that was almost as entertaining as the first.
½ June 1, 2017
Prince Caspian made many changes from the book but the story stayed the same. The changes were not all necessarily bad like Aslan comming in to the movie near the end instead of the midle, and personaly I liked the scene where the Narnians try to take over the castle more than the book where the Narnians atempt totake over one of the telmarine's camps in the woods. the drama and suspence in this movie felt more reel than the first movie's. so this movie evens out to a little less good than the first one was.
½ May 31, 2017
While it strays quite a bit from the novel, Prince Caspian is still an entertaining fantasy movie that has some excellent action and good characters.
May 8, 2017
Narnia Prince Caspian was a good Fantasy movie I like all of this movie from start to finish
May 1, 2017
Grade - C+
It's still a lot of fun even if it is a step down from 'The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe'.
½ April 16, 2017
Overlong fantasy that I thought really didn't start going until the second half. Until then I just had the doggenest time trying to connect with anything that was going on. At least the special effects are decent.
March 29, 2017
I don't know if I like this movie quite as much as The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but I still think this is a pretty underrated fantasy film, I really liked it.
½ February 26, 2017
I'm pretty excited for this one.
February 25, 2017
2013-03-09. Rewatched 2017-02-25 with hubby.
February 11, 2017
Just utter crap. Not impressed, not magical, just a bore.
February 3, 2017
Wasn't good. Better off with the first.
January 16, 2017
While I enjoyed the first film's story more (it was so clearly an allegory for The Atonement, The Resurrection, the Battle of Armageddon, and the Millennium), this one is better made, better written, and better acted. Plus, it has a healthy share of Christian symbolism itself, some rocking battle sequences (how this is only PG baffles me; the intensity of the action has PG-13 written all over it), and some of the best effects I've ever seen (the badger, in particular, is photo-real).

The idea that the kids actually grew up in Narnia, then returned to their world while retaining all their knowledge and maturity intrigued me (and it makes their battle skills more believable). All that said, I still didn't find myself nearly as emotionally invested or involved in this as I was with The Lord of the Rings, the standard with which it will always, perhaps unfairly, be compared. Why Narnian humans now have Italian accents is beyond me, and some of the jokes fall flat, but all in all it was very good; better than the first in terms of storytelling, character, and filmmaking. ***1/2 (out of five).
½ January 15, 2017
More exciting, dark, visually impressive, and well-acted than the previous installment, though in a way, a bit less profound. Still, here's to hoping the Narnia film adaptations keep on coming.
January 12, 2017
Worthy sequel to the 2005 blockbuster moves a tad slower but keeps the audience engaged with the material. On Blu-Ray.
December 30, 2016
Love the first movie more than this movie