Class Reviews

• May 17, 2019

Jonathan Ogner (Andrew McCarthy) is a freshman for an ivy prep school, and immediately becomes Skip(rob Lowe)roommate. Unbeknownst that the woman his new roommate had finally scored with happens to be Skip's mother, Ellen( Jacqueline Bisset )

• Jul 12, 2018

Class is a decent one time watch especially for fans of the brat pack bunch as this is one of their very first(if not the first, unsure) appearance- Rob Lowe, John Cusack, Andrew Mccarthy-they're all here. Although I cannot recollect much except that there are in some sort of boarding school and the story is decent. I guess if I'd seen it in my early teens I would be more impressed. If you are a fan of those actors I guess you can give this one a shot.

• Mar 25, 2017

One of my favorite comedies of the 80's that not many have heard of. The script is much better than many similar teen comedies made at that time. Plus it has the great Virginia Madsen. What's not to love?

• Apr 11, 2015

A lot of moving parts that work in this story of,well class.

A lot of moving parts that work in this story of,well class.

• Jul 22, 2014

"I may not get laid tonight...though, that's highly unlikely."-Skip (Rob Lowe) Lots of 80's faces to be had. "I've never seen such a vulgar display of wealth."-Jonathan (Andrew McCarthy)

• Mar 17, 2014

How have I not ever seen this?? All the young guys from 80's movies in this silly, fun movie. Must have been their first movies.

• Sep 07, 2013

Pretty awful 1980s graduate rip-off is only worth watching for gawking at quite a few before-they-were-stars, which includes Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, John Cusack, Alan Ruck, Virginia Madsen, Casey Siemaszko, Joan Cusack and Lolita Davidovich. Jacqueline Bisset was kind of a star at the time and also appears. The quite unfunny film was written by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf who would go on to work on much better things including "Grimm," "Angel" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." There is, however, a good score by Elmer Bernstein while he was pigeonholed as a comedy film composer.

• Nov 20, 2012

Rob Lowe! Enough said!

Rob Lowe! Enough said!

• Oct 27, 2012

This is basically an interesting film - Andrew's character is a sympathetic student or at least until he hangs out with the guys of a prep-school he comes to. He is teased mercilessly after his roommate tricks him into dressing in a woman's bikini and gets locked out of the dormitory. He happens to meet his roommate's mother at a bar (not knowing who she is). She romances him and soon he has bragging rights at his school. She later finds out he is a student and abandons him but later is trying to call and to see him. Jacqueline Bisset as the unfaithful wife and mom plays perhaps the best character in this film. 4/10.

• Oct 21, 2012