Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Close Encounters of the Third Kind Reviews

November 10, 2017
Steven Spielberg nos entrega otra obra maestra (luego de "Jaws") acerca de un hombre llamado Roy Neary (Richard Dreyfuss), quien tiene un contacto extraterrestre que lo transforma y lo obsesiona.

"Encuentros Cercanos del Tercer Tipo" es una cinta profunda que medita sobre la condición humana y que, al mismo tiempo, funciona como una entretenida cinta de suspenso y de ciencia ficción. Está llena de momentos impactantes, los cuales son a veces monumentales (el encuentro con una gigantesca nave espacial) y a veces de una gran sencillez (Neary haciendo una montaña con un puré de papa) y está magníficamente actuada y dirigida. No por nada se le considera una de las mejores películas de ciencia ficción de todos los tiempos.

La cinta tiene dos versiones: la versión original, una edición especial de 1980 en la que se extiende el final y una "versión del director" de 1998 revisada por Spielberg, que es la versión que recomiendo.
November 1, 2017
What a classic of ?70s outstanding,Am glad I can see on a big screen
½ October 25, 2017
Not a conventional sci-fi, by any means, and precisely that as its main strength, Spielberg delivers what it is consider (by many) as his magnum opus, probably due to its original factor, since the idea is written delightfully and in all the original ways by the director himself, but also offering a visually striking and, in many respects, a thought-provoking humble film that'll provoke not just suspense, when it has to, but also amazement and satisfaction towards its developing and a great feeling of excitement that'll became something modern films of the genre would, oddly enough, fail to imitate.
½ September 30, 2017
Spielberg delivers a very good sci-fi epic. Dryfus and Dillon are both solid leads, but neither performance is that great. Effects and visuals are great, but the story has room for improvement.
September 23, 2017
April 2014
September 2017
September 13, 2017
With an unlikeable central character and a problematic plot, Steven Spielberg's UFO film may not work as well as his best efforts, but in terms of tense suspense building and wondrous special effects, Close Encounters of the Third Kind remains a minor science fiction classic.
September 9, 2017
I love Steven Spielberg movies. I really do. But just not really this one. To me this movie just got super confusing and I never fully became engaged with the movie. To be honest when I left the theater, I could think of many Steven Spielberg films that were much better. I just really didn't care for this movie. Not one of my favorites.
½ September 8, 2017
Eerie, intense, vivid, and emotional; "Close Encounters" is a wondrous must-see sci-fi classic that bears plenty of foreshadowing to Spielberg's future work, and the unfortunate distinction of happening to be released in the same year as "Star Wars" and was forced to compete with it.
½ September 7, 2017
It was lame long ago. Still lame, I'm sure.
½ September 7, 2017
"Why...?"

This film should have died years ago. Poorly written and extremely overrated. Music dominated the film because there was no substance to fill the void.
September 6, 2017
The 40th anniversary theatrical release caused me to revisit this classic and it holds up surprisingly well. Outstanding sci-fi film.

Grade: A
½ September 4, 2017
A fascinating slow-burn of discovery and the all-too-human urge to find the truth.
September 3, 2017
The visuals are obviously sumptuous, and Richard Dreyfuss puts on a damn acting clinic, but overall, I found this film pretty boring, with far too many scenes set in war rooms tracking UFOs via radar. I guess I don't see why it's considered a classic the way the rest of his oeuvre is but eh.
September 3, 2017
Even if it's more sloppily constructed than some it's predecessors (2001 and Day The Earth Stood Still), it's still an astonishing, breathtaking thrill ride with great special effects and sneaky satire.
August 20, 2017
Dreyfuss is Delicious as mashed potatoes in this.
½ August 17, 2017
Story about people who are psychically linked to aliens from space. The first movie I can remember watching as a kid. Still enjoy it to this day. Storytelling at its best because the characters are all so identifiable.
August 5, 2017
Awful boring, possibly the worst movie Spielberg has ever made.
July 31, 2017
Dont think any U.F.O film will ever come close to this