Coach Carter Reviews

• Sep 29, 2019

Samuel L. Jackson carries it.

Samuel L. Jackson carries it.

• Sep 16, 2019

We are a team - but without Samuel L. Jackson there would be no team... strong single performance with some nice attempts of a ghetto movie...

• Aug 11, 2019

Love this movie. While you can make a lot of money if you go pro in basketball, not everyone reaches their dreams and an education is very important. Coach Carter should be an inspiration to all coaches. Players are more than their stats on the court or field. Players need to maintain good grades to help better their future. Coaches that push their players academics aside tend to only care about winning and not the individuals success. Coach Carter has grade restrictions and sets standards for his players. Life is bigger than a game. What a great movie.

• Apr 14, 2019

Good sportsball film

Good sportsball film

• Apr 13, 2019

Poverty Rising Out Of The Ashes Of Past Victimhood & Gangsta / Criminal Inevitability. The True-To-Life Story Adds Weight To Some Key Performances By Jackson & Dowse. Rap-Singer Ashanti Wasn't Too Bad In Her Role Either. There Was However A Key Part Of The Story, That Is Quickly Beushed Over; That Being The Mess Of The American Education System, Pressured To Do Better For The Kids In School Attendence, With Little More Than Teachers Willing To Help Their Students (More Than Usual) Outside Of School Hours (Which I Figure They Don't Get Paid For) To Help Them Do Better. Instead The Credit Is All Thrown Coach Carters Way, Focusing On A Basketball Game. While This Is Entertaining, I Think It Misses Credit (To Other Teachers) Where It's Due.

• Mar 11, 2019

It's Dangerous Minds meets Hoosiers with Sam Jackson as the coach/teacher/life mentor. Some of the students and the scenarios felt a bit cliche, there's the usual disagreements and hatred towards the change at first and of course they go the full 180 towards the end of the movie. Yawn. The majority of this rating goes to Mr. Jackson, one of my favorite actors, as he does a great job in the lead role.

• Feb 17, 2019

Horribly cliched but the originality works to its advantage.

Horribly cliched but the originality works to its advantage.

• Jan 28, 2019

Full of old clichés, but thanks to Samuel L. Jacksons amazing acting and relatable characters, this movie succeeds. Not the best sports drama I've seen, but a good effort and definitely not the worst. 3.5/5

• Jan 19, 2019

Teenagers faced with some difficult life choices as they try to break out of the hood. Mentored through S.L.Jackson as their basketball coach.

• Jan 19, 2019