Comic-Con: Episode IV - A Fan's Hope - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Comic-Con: Episode IV - A Fan's Hope Reviews

January 9, 2016
A Celebration of all things Geek! It is beautifully awesome!
½ August 16, 2015
This film made me want to go to Comic-Con even more than I already did.
July 9, 2015
Bravo Morgan, you outdid yourself with this brilliant portrayal of this wonderful group of geeks.
November 14, 2014
An ode to comic-con made by fans for fans. Nothing wrong with that, but Morgan Spurlock's name will draw "outsiders" like me into the audience, and for us this might seem like a boring collage of footage of fans and unnecessary celebrity cameos.
September 16, 2014
a cool take on the (so-called) comic con from san diego and how people react to it.
June 9, 2014
It was ok. Pretty standard fair for geek docs- some interesting moments, some not-so interesting moments. The best being the story on how much comic con has changed from a comic book convention and into a mass market media machine for large entertainment companies.
March 13, 2014
Review:
This is a great documentary about the Comic-Con event which bring all types of people together, all for the love of the comic book heroes and games. You really do see how important this comic event is too people and how seriously it is taken. You get to see interviews with the great Stan Lee and actors like Seth Rogen and Kevin Smith. As I'm not that big into comics, I didn't know a lot of the other people who are famous in that world, but you can see that they take there art seriously and that the convention really opens doors for people who want to make it in that business. You also get to follow a couple of up and coming artists who try and sell themselves at the convention and a guy who is trying to sell some rare comics. In all, it's a great insight into a world that I never new existed. Great Watch!

Round-Up:
This film did make me want to go to the event, just for the experience and the stars that preview there movies. From the costumes to the various items that are on sale, there is something for everyone, but it's mainly for comic fanatics. I couldn't believe that a man was trying to sell a rare comic for $500,000. Anyway, the director done well with mixing up the documentary with a mixture of elements. From a marriage proposal to a girl trying to win a competition with her costumes, it really is one of those movies were you wish you was there. Judging by the amount of money that the comic book hero movies are making nowadays, it obvious that were never too old for a super hero saving the world.

Budget: $1.5million
Worldwide Gross: $35,000 (Deserved More!)

I recommend this documentary to people who are into there comic book heroes and video games. 6/10
½ December 31, 2013
Sometime within this lifetime I'll go comic-con..
December 27, 2013
Awesome film for nerds or geeks that love comics and always wanted to go to Comic-Con in San Diego, California ! It's an annual pilgrimage for all the fans and has grown in size over the years . The film is a documentary version of 4 different people that attend the show and how they experience it to the full extreme of their dreams I guess . So if your into comics or just wanna see how goofy the nerds live out their fantasy lives , then I say watch it! It's pretty good!
½ December 6, 2013
Man, I love being a nerd.
December 3, 2013
I simply want to watch this. At LEAST 20 times.
½ October 1, 2013
I hate this movie because Ryan Fischer said not too.
½ September 29, 2013
This is just an enjoyable movie. You do not need to enjoy comics or any other forms of pop culture in order to appreciate it. It explains the story of Comic-con and how all nerds can come together and geek out, and be themselves in an atmosphere with all those like them. If you hate this movie I hate you.
September 15, 2013
El mejor documental para entender lo que significa el calificativo: "GEEK"
½ September 1, 2013
A peek into the world of the San Diego Comic-con through the stories of a bunch of engaging fans. A nicely balanced documentary that has only fueled my desire to go there one day....
August 28, 2013
Documentary on geek culture that doesn't go too deep - which is both a good and a bad thing.
August 25, 2013
this can appeal to you if you see yourself as the over-obsessor underdog of a geek. but if you've been to comic con in the recent years you will see how it can glamorize the event to a certain degree, but can still make you all giddy inside.
August 20, 2013
Comic-Con: Episode IV pretty perfectly expressed the love fans have for comic con, the joy that comics and other media bring us, and the sense of home there, surrounded by thousands of other people who understand and embrace being a geek.
August 2, 2013
I was going to like this no matter what. Comic-Cons have become such a huge part of my life and to get a chance to see the biggest one of all (on screen) was fun for me as well. The story is fun and informative. Worth watching if you've ever been to a con (or want to).