Constantine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Constantine Reviews

½ November 15, 2016
Overlooked, underrated movie ?? looking forward to the TV series.
November 9, 2016
this movie was at least a 60
October 5, 2016
Your kidding me. Why the heck does this film have a 72% on the user score? This film was dumb on every level.
September 23, 2016
Keanu's first bad choice as an actor.
½ September 23, 2016
Keanu "Botox" Reeves delivers his lines with all the emotional depth of a speak-your-weight machine, without ever once changing his expression. His wooden delivery drags a middling film into the depths of mediocrity. The upside is that everyone else shines in comparison, and the CGI effects are not bad for the era. It's watchable, but only just.
½ August 15, 2016
It felt like a dark sequel to van helsing, but I kinda liked it... kinda..
½ August 15, 2016
Constantine has solid production, a very interesting premise, decent performance. However, it does have its fair shair of flaws, the CGI was pretty bad. Either than that it was good!
July 23, 2016
Longest fucking movie of all time
July 12, 2016
Constantine (2005) C-120m. ??
Exorcist who's been to Hell before (a well-cast Reeves) finds demons on earth and sends them below. Meanwhile, Weisz learns her twin sister was unfairly condemned; can Reeves manage to retrieve her from Hell, gain absolution, and prevent other nonsense? Don't bother!
½ June 13, 2016
Although a bit dull at times, it has a very entertaining and eccentric style that gives it personality.
May 26, 2016
I liked it! It was very cool and action packed. Sure you can nitpick at it. But when it comes to occult action this was one of the betters.
½ May 19, 2016
Someone please make a sequel to this! It's been 11 years T_T
May 7, 2016
67%
Had they picked another actor for the role, I would have found this decent at best.
April 25, 2016
Keanu Reeves is wonderful as John Constantine, a comic character that is far from your conventional hero. Dark, cryptic and very effective at building an entertaining world, Constantine is a fun and entertaining movie. Sure, it's got plot holes and some cheesy one-liners. But a good watch.
½ April 11, 2016
I like Hellblazer and this movie was decent. I think Keanu Reeves is a shitty actor and I ponder how he's ridden off of The Matrix for this long. Reeves pulls off a decent John Constantine. The plot was interesting, but not too interesting, so when some scenes are very drawn out, the film feels tedious. I would recommend this film to people that want a dumb supernatural thriller, but not to fans of Hellblazer.
April 3, 2016
It was ok. The tone of the movie was good but the movie was very slow paced and the special effects were subpar.
March 30, 2016
Loved this film, and re-watch now and again when it's on TV. I really thought it should have done better in the box office and deserved a sequel. Don't know why the critics score is so low
March 13, 2016
Keanu Reeves is great as John Constantine, and the appropriately dark storyline makes for a chilling and intriguing tale of a spiritual warrior who sees demons walk the earth. The few flaws this film had were masked by the great performances and special effects that it had to offer. Constantine is a great watch, one I'd recommend to anyone who likes darker films.
½ March 9, 2016
The comic adaption scores with perfect casting for the minor characters and a very unsettling atmosphere. Of course there is a little much CGI at times, but the result is still very entertaining. If only this film had even more Tilda Swinton scenes.