Constantine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Constantine Reviews

March 26, 2017
This is the Demon Seeing Kueanue Reeves movie I made reference to which some people knew nothing about. It's about what it's like trying to self aware wake yourself up out of a really bad nightmare. The movies pretty classic,too!
March 17, 2017
It is an exciting and well produced movie. You can know nothing about the main character and still completely understand the complex history and motivations of all the main characters which is outstanding for a deeply rooted character such as John Constantine. If you do know the character from the comic books then you should really enjoy the deeper meanings of many items in this show. It has very good cgi effects and the actors do a great job of bringing the characters to life. Loved it
½ March 15, 2017
Though this is not the English bastard in the comic version, Keanu did a great job in playing an American dougchebags, yet skilled in fighting and magic(little). All the good ratings for Keanu
February 24, 2017
Grade - D+
Unfortunately excellent direction and good visuals can't save 'Constantine' from the ridiculous mess presented here. Ultimately, it's a mixture of a bad script and silly source material that cause this film to seem like more of a parody of itself as opposed to a genuinely frightening experience. Not good.
February 12, 2017
in 2005 a fost exceptional. acum mi se pare ca are un scenariu care trebuie sa bifeze niste scene pentru fani. dar este un film destul de lung, si rewarding.
February 7, 2017
A tad messy, although unfairly hated.
½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 3, 2017
The acting is great. The action is great. The cast is perfect. I'd love to see Keanu and Shia pair up again. The story and sequence of events is aligned. I've never read the comics so i can't talk about that, but i absolutely love this film.
January 2, 2017
Constantine is an intriguing comic book figure in the DC world, a member of the Dark Justice League and one hell of a badass exorcist. He deals with the mystic arts and has faced demons more times than he can count. in 2005 it was the right time to bring Constantine to the big screen and it had a great leading man in Keanu Reeves. However it's execution fell flat and we didn't see quite the comic book character we wanted to.
John Constantine is introduced to us as a unique kind of exorcist. He is tasked by god to send demons who inhabit human bodies back to hell. In the film we see that there is an unusual case of demons trying to break through into the human world. At the same time Constantine is asked by Detective Angela Dodson to help her solve the mysterious suicide of her sister who may have been influenced by demonic voices to kill herself. Constantine helps her out and hopes that maybe his good deeds will finally buy him his way into heaven.
The film started out with one of the most impressive introductions to a main character I've ever seen in the apartment exorcism scene. It should the intelligence, poise and unique nature of he character. The CGI was not bad the demons came out real well on screen. the scene where he jumps up and the demons try to catch him was an extraordinary shot well placed by Lawrence. Lawrences' camera usage is impressive here and so is the lighting. His directing here isn't anywhere near as sharp and focused as it was for the Hunger Games films.
Some of the sound mixing and editing was lazily done I could hear some distinct mess ups in the sound work. the plot was quite shaky I can see the writers stuggled with the incorportation of theological elements. it did get ridiculous towards the end.
On the acting side of things. Keanu reeves performance as the comic book character was pretty solid. It was more on the serious side than the comedic work from Matt Ryan these days. He portrays more of the exorcist or fallen angel that Constantine is with such a zen like calmness. Rachel weisz's character unforuntatly was poorly written. you constantly forget she is a cop weisz makes very little effort to move her away from a damsel in distress type of woman.
This was overall an ok film but not a great one
January 1, 2017
Much better this time, not as much cool action, but enough to keep you entertained
December 10, 2016
10 years ago was it was a bomb :)
½ November 15, 2016
Overlooked, underrated movie ?? looking forward to the TV series.
November 9, 2016
this movie was at least a 60
October 5, 2016
Your kidding me. Why the heck does this film have a 72% on the user score? This film was dumb on every level.
September 23, 2016
Keanu's first bad choice as an actor.
½ September 23, 2016
Keanu "Botox" Reeves delivers his lines with all the emotional depth of a speak-your-weight machine, without ever once changing his expression. His wooden delivery drags a middling film into the depths of mediocrity. The upside is that everyone else shines in comparison, and the CGI effects are not bad for the era. It's watchable, but only just.
½ August 15, 2016
It felt like a dark sequel to van helsing, but I kinda liked it... kinda..
½ August 15, 2016
Constantine has solid production, a very interesting premise, decent performance. However, it does have its fair shair of flaws, the CGI was pretty bad. Either than that it was good!
July 23, 2016
Longest fucking movie of all time