Constantine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Constantine Reviews

December 2, 2017
Keanu Reeves plays Constantine, a sorcerer like if Harry Potter had a drinking problem, who battles an eerily powerful androgynous angel, played by Tilda Swinton. It's a little preachy on the smoking problem, but at least they made it part of the story.
½ November 26, 2017
Peter Stormare is good as the devil, Tilda Swinton is good as the angel Gabriel, even Gavin Rossdale is good as as Azle I think. Rachel Weisz is good, Keanu Reeves does his thing, the special effects and stylization of director Francis Lawrence is good showing he gone to do good things and better things. it's a decent movie with the bonus of Shia LaBeouf LOL, even if the plot is a bit tough to chew through.
November 25, 2017
I loved it. I've read other opinions of the movie and they are interesting. But this film is thought provoking for me. It should be for anyone who believes in the spiritual world and who believe s in heaven and hell. I do. So it was very thoughtful to my belief. I do believe in spiritual warfare and battling demons . I mean cmon, don't we all battle them? Anyway i loved that he could spot all who were demons and thei eyes would glow a light. I caught a lot of funny sense of humor. I loved the cast. I loved the interpretation of what he'll might look like of brimstone and fire. It was Tripp's. Watch it stoned. Great flick for those who believe in spiritual warfare and God and the devil.
½ November 21, 2017
The comics were great. Very indie style. so if the movie is at all like the comics then im sure its awesome.
November 19, 2017
I don't believe there is anything particularly special about Constantine. But something about it just stayed with me for many hours after watching. Easily one of Keanu Reeve's best performances to date with a strong plot and some fairly chilling visuals.

B+
November 15, 2017
This movie is the best of it's kind.
½ November 11, 2017
Probably a movie more enjoyed by Hellblazer fans, Constantine is a different take on it, but it is still a Hellblazer story at its core. I wasn't sure on Keanu Reeves casting as Constantine, but by the end he proved me wrong ten fold. Definitely a must watch for DC movie fans.
½ November 6, 2017
It's well written plot and dialogue is balanced by its lack of heart and character making this the most average movie I have ever seen
October 29, 2017
Terrible movie starring Keanu reeves.
½ October 13, 2017
One of the very worst movies I have ever seen. I saw this in the theater and remember leaving angry like I was just tortured for 90 minutes by my worst enemy.
½ September 27, 2017
A classic cliché

Constantine is a movie about a man who has faced many challenges in his life and the choices he makes to attempt to repent for his damning sin. This movie sticks true to the classic dark vs light struggle. Although the main character, Constantine, does not fill the typical role of the warrior of light, he happens to be the beacon of light who saves the day.

The movie begins with a scene of a man who has found a dagger in the middle of the desert. The cinematography used to show his discovery as well as the fact it was the first scene in the movie foreshadows that it would play an important role later in the movie.

Constantine is introduced as an experienced exorcist who faces some internal struggles demonstrated by his need to smoke. As the story continues to move forward, we see that most scenes are shot in a very dark setting, while the only light each of those particular scenes is placed on a religious figure such as a cross. I believe that was the director's method to truly demonstrate the struggle between the light and the dark.

As the movie comes to a close, Constantine is shown in a brighter way showing his character development. He understands how he must appease god, and how to walk in the light. I believe that this movie is no different than any other movie where the main character must overcome his personal urges and attempt to save the world.

I personally didn't enjoy this movie much because of the cliché. This story line is no different than that of another movie, such as "The dark tower".
September 13, 2017
One of my favorites. The ending sequence is classic, theology worth talking about!
September 6, 2017
Hope to see the sequel or prequel with Keanu in it.
jamrcla
August 15, 2017
Never read the comics so I'm not sure how loyal it is to them but the film as a standalone is a mixed bag really, Allot of plot details not very well explained, The story was ok in parts and was bolstered by some good action scenes and the effects were pretty good for its year, I liked Keanu Reeves more than I thought in this film but I can't for the life of me figure out why Shia Labeouf was in this film, He was just annoying and the story would of folded out exactly the same without him, The ending was pretty good and made up for the plot holes and poor execution but only just, It's not a great film but it's worth watching.
July 24, 2017
Constantine is a film that had and still has great potential to buid a rather niche and brutally dark mythology. Lawrence's film achieves this to some degree, it builds a world that's both immersive and engaging but takes a strange route in both building and ultimately destroying every chance of building said work with actions within the context of the said film. Performances are good, LaBeuof and Weiz are both fun and add a interesting dynamic to Reeves, who feels a tad tired but creates an engaging character nonetheless.
June 19, 2017
Scattershot plot and a fatally ruptured theology.
June 15, 2017
I don't know what you critics disliked about it. I thought it was amazing in every way. Even the FX were better than the average movie now and STILL amazing in 2017!!!
June 13, 2017
This movie lags in the middle, but the overall plot is well done. Who doesn't love good and evil fighting over souls? Really it's the casting of Keanu Reeves that kills the film, but he's just dry enough that it almost works with the part.
June 12, 2017
Una de mis películas favoritas. No importa cuantas veces la vea me sigue encantando.
½ June 11, 2017
A lot of cool effects and an interesting idea. Just too weird and Keanu Reeves sucks as usual.