C.R.A.Z.Y. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

C.R.A.Z.Y. Reviews

December 10, 2016
Light and sweet and made with love, just like my sister's mango mousse. I found this film entertaining and rewarding. Zacc is a well drawn character and solidly acted. Although the characters around him tend to be somewhat cliched, I didn't find this off putting, as it allows the story to skim lightly over areas that would otherwise be too complex and heavy, given the plot and the long timeline of the story.
December 10, 2016
½ October 25, 2016
French Canadian films and series are well known for their different take on different facets of life, like family, and it's also one of this movie's forces. However one thing I do reproach them is their tendency to be a tide too grim and tragic. But worry not, this fil is also a ton of fun! Which is good, it takes light moments to make the darker ones matter, and vice-versa.
½ July 7, 2016
Outstanding, very moving film.
½ March 24, 2016
Extremely profound,not only a coming-of-age,coming-out movie,but mostly a movie abot family bonds and relationships.I really liked it,although at times it felt too long for its own good.Many themes and many ideas are taken into consideration,and the plot really managed to shed some light on all of them.A very well made Quebecois movie.
January 11, 2016
Awesome film, I felt the emotion in the acting, superb. :)
August 16, 2015
Great French-Canadian movie portraying growing up in the 70s discovering your sexuality. A brilliant movie splashed with Quebec cultural innuendos and gorgeous acting. A very deep subject perfectly balanced with the right touch of comedy lift this movie to stellar heights.
May 9, 2015
An honest well-made film, about 20 years in the life of a lad, a drama comedy with a really original title referring the song by Patsy Cline "Crazy" and to the initials of the five brothers' names.
May 8, 2015
Jean-Marc Valle best movie yet ! Great soundtrack, touching, funny, well act and many other qualities !
May 4, 2015
Brilliantly witty, warm, fun and insightful. One of the most tender depictions of sexuality and youth in recent memory with excellent direction from Vallée illuminating this utterly memorable picture. I defy you not to weep by the end.
April 6, 2015
An epic drama of the story of a young man questioning his sexuality, growing up through the sixities and seventies in Quebec, born into a strictly catholic family of five brothers, each crazier than the last. C.R.A.Z.Y is a really affective film as it was one of the only films I've ever seen to make me really think about my own crazy existence and what life really means. Life is too love and to celebrate our indifferences. The outfits and nostalgic soundtrack are all exceedingly impressive, as are the performances and sequences set to music. Sometimes C.R.A.Z.Y is tounge-in-cheek, sometimes its heartbreaking and sometimes its surrealistic, however what can't be denied is this relatively unknown and genreless epic is quite fantastic.
February 19, 2015
Absolutely fantastic movie, great actors, photography and perfect rythm. Impossible not to feel identified with one of the characters. A master piece
December 29, 2014
C.R.A.Z.Y is one of the best films to come out of this country. The intricacies and subtleties of the script and form of the film create a perfect, true to life portrait, covering the universal topics of religion, love and family. Beautifully shot and designed Vallee walks the line between the slightly surreal and reality perfectly, giving incite into the character's minds, bodies and souls. Ultimately this is a film about connection and understanding both towards others and of oneself. This is beautifully realized through the steady direction of Vallee and the incredible cast who are there every step of the way with him. In the end family is all we have. We don't choose them, but the bond we share with them is one that is too strong to be broken, no matter how different we may be.
December 18, 2014
The Best French-Canadian movie ever!!!!!
July 24, 2014
J'ai été fou de passer au dessus de ce chef d'?uvre depuis tant d'année. WOW
June 1, 2014
A heart-wrenching coming of age story. A prime example of the superior film industry talent in Quebec.
April 16, 2014
Family relationships can be complicated by the emergence of a personal identity, territory and desire to belong... Life is tough when you're different--Have you ever heard the word "MUST" ? It comes from this kind of movie!!
½ March 14, 2014
Absolutely love this movie ! Also loved the use of Charles Aznavour's "Emmenez-Moi" throughout the movie!
February 13, 2014
A real awesome film, the best use of a Rolling Stones song, some of the best personal stories told. Awesome and brilliant.

2nd viewing: Still holds up, beautiful music and stunning transitions between eras. Beautiful story and overall, a fantastic achievement.