The Crow - Salvation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Crow - Salvation Reviews

½ October 2, 2017
Not as bad as City of Angels. One question though : Why do they still insist on having one giant explosion that doesn't make any sense?
October 1, 2016
Two stars for casting the great Fred Ward as the villain. There's nothing else in this third Crow film worth seeing, but Ward is always amazing and even in a supporting part is enough to hold my interest. The plot involves someone wrongly killed coming back to life to thanks to magical crow power or something to right wrongs. Blah, blah, blah. Kirsten Dunst and William Atherton also appear in the film. Rob Zombie was originally set to write and direct this film, and I can't help but think that his film would have been so much better. A missed opportunity by Miramax there.
January 27, 2016
The Crow: Salvation is the third installment of The Crow series and is a vast improvement over the second installment, City of Angels. It is also clearly a B movie, but a very good B movie. Though Kirsten Dunst has a prominent role, the budget is clearly low, and what the movie lacks in terms of overall casting, setting, and effects, it makes up for with great performances by key characters, a decent script, and an athletic star who is believable as an unstoppable undead revenge killer.
The movie also explores the concept of The Crow a little bit deeper to imply that coming back from the dead to go on a psychotic killing spree may not be such a great thing because a lot of people end up dead, and all of those people have family members. To that regard, the kill count is well in the double digits.
On top of the number of killings, the level of sadism reaches a new high, as a framed man who dies from electric chair comes back from the dead to take on an entire satanic police force. The electric chair is one of the most frightening ways to die, and I found that this movie used that much better than Wes Craven's horrible disappointment, Shocker.
The villain is also excellent: played by Fred Ward. He seems to really enjoy the role and it shows. In fact, there is a real chemistry between some of the actors. While it is clearly a lessor production with a less stellar cast than the original, I think fans of the first story will be pleasantly surprised by this.
½ October 31, 2015
City of Angels was confusing but not bad. It's hard to say if Salvation or the TV series was the biggest turd in the franchise.
½ June 24, 2015
No were near as good as the first, but has its own unique style to make it worthy to have The Crow name.
½ June 15, 2015
Low budget revenge flick sequel although third in the series
March 28, 2015
the franchise runs out of gas here.
November 13, 2014
½ November 2, 2014
Roots of the original film are present in this installment. The story actually feels worthy of being a Crow movie. However, it is cheaply done with a few cheap visual effects. It also doesn't look as cool. So it comes off as something that could have been a good sequel if it had a bigger budget.
October 6, 2014
At least it's watchable and bearable then the second one.
September 6, 2014
Watchable but doesn't light my fire!
June 19, 2014
There are two ways to make a good sequel. Returning the original cast for a send off to the original or doing something completely new. This does the 2nd. Throws some mystery elements into the story and does not try to copy the original. the only good sequel to the classic original
March 15, 2014
Pretty close to the first
December 12, 2013
When Alex Corvis (Eric Mabius) is framed and executed for the brutal murder of his girlfriend, Lauren, he returns in the form of The Crow.

Intent on avenging Lauren's death, Alex, as The Crow, finds himself locked into a deadly conspiracy which threatens Lauren's younger sister, Erin (Kirsten Dunst).

Alex, once the victim but now the hunter, races against time to uncover a city wide conspiracy of lethal corruption.

also stars Jodi Lynn O'Keefe, William Atherton, Fred Ward, Grant Shaud, David Stevens, Dale Midkiff and Walton Coggins.

directed by Bharat Nalluri.
November 17, 2013
Bad acting, no character depth. Were supposed to be sold on the cinemetography, but its certainly not enough to make this watchable. Falls waaaaayyyyyy short of the original.
November 14, 2013
Well... itself to me if I liked the third installment, the plot is realistic. But I realized that this movie is based on a novel called The Crow: The Lazaru Heart, and i do not recommend it to any fan of the crow
½ November 7, 2013
Eric Mabius was quite good.
½ October 11, 2013
Enjoyable but I like it how they didn't put the same thing
August 22, 2013
As i may not be paid to critisize movies, some people are right about The Crow: Salvation having bad acting, but dont disrespect a movie just because it's close to the origianal. it sticks to the story line of love, lose, and the quest to set the wrong things right.
½ July 30, 2013
There is a Crow 4 with both Tara Reid and Edward Furlong. This one somehow manages to be worse.