Cube Reviews

• Dec 18, 2019

This is honestly one of my favorite movies hands down, everything just works so well even though i knew the majority of the key plot points going in to it, i was still thoroughly entertained and gripped by the action sprinkled throughout, with its heavy yet well done character development. It was ahead of its time in my opinion, though sadly the sequel was horrendous and let the experience down so much

• Dec 15, 2019

This is such a great, yet horribly underrated movie. It's creepy, and intense. Not to mention some really amazing character development and a really dreadful sensation throughout. Instead of playing on the overused "there's someone watching us" tone, it brings about a much more terrifying feeling of "nobody is watching." I think this is an amazing movie. My only complaint is that it feels way too short. Sometimes, things happen way too fast, and the pacing feels a little too quick. But, aside from that, this is an amazing characters study that reveals what happens when we are left with nothing but our primal instincts.

• Nov 02, 2019

Some major overacting aside, a cool low budget sci-fi horror.

Some major overacting aside, a cool low budget sci-fi horror.

• Oct 27, 2019

A well-executed feature length "Twilight Zone" episode of sorts, Cube is about 6 wildly different people who wake up in a metal cube, with no recollection of the events leading up to their imprisonment. Each cube prisoner has their own explanation for how they've ended up there, based on their outlook on life. Natali, with this film, has established himself as a skilled director, making the most out a lilliputian budget. The dialogue is very smart, and the repartee between the characters crackles. The main characters are all very intelligent, and don't suffer from the common horror pitfall of impaired decision-making. I was left underwhelmed by the ending, which offered no explanation for the cube, and Quentin's descent into madness was a tad absurd. However, these are all very minor gripes that I had with the film, and overall, I would highly recommend it

• Oct 08, 2019

This was probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen. Terrible acting, cliff hanger ending. There's also nothing stylish about it. It's just a load of crap.

• Oct 04, 2019

Amazing movie, saw it on Netflix and was blown away at how good the director was at making the setting feel unworldly and unse

• Sep 30, 2019

A classic horror film about death and the human psyche. The movie is a master class in character development and an engaging story. This movie deserves a 5 star rating because, this movie is a twisty ride that I recommend to watch.

• Sep 29, 2019

Okay, so the CGI is a little bad now and then, but for it's time it probably was good. I think what to focus on in this movie is character development because it's actually really interesting to see people's true colours shine through because they're put under high stress situations. Also some cinematic things are a little cheesey, but the vibe is usually right.

• Sep 28, 2019

Just rewatched it after years, and i have to say, it's just a great film, a permanent feeling of dread exist all through the movie, the cube it's terrifying and impossible to understand, the soundtrack or mostly lack thereof accentuates the horror in all the right ways, all the characters have a reason for being there, even if it doesn't appear that way at first, sad to know all the sequels are actually pretty bad,but this will forever have a special place in my heart.

• Sep 24, 2019

Cube has average acting and doesn't quite know where to go with its premise - frankly, I'm disappointed that despite having 2 gory deaths, nobody else meets a gruesome fate for the rest of the movie - but the intelligence and combination of surrealism and claustrophobia make this a riveting Canadian thriller. The director really outdid himself, especially on such a tiny budget.