Cube Reviews

• 21h ago

When you consider what went into this film, it comes out looking like a pretty impressive achievement. Without taking cost into account, it is still more than passable, and a worthwhile viewing for any sci-fi/horror fan. At no point did I feel that I was watching something derivative or phoned in, and with an appropriately breif runtime, you will not be anticipating the finish line. The corners were cut in all of the right places for all the right reasons and with great care taken, and while the acting is often less than good, I wasn't bothered by it. The real interest lies elsewhere. There are gonna be viewers out there that find it cheap feeling and laughable, but those people should just stick to the safe picks for their once a month movie viewing. The elements tie together to make Cube intriguing and memorable. Take my word for it...your gonna think about it in the days following, and you'll probably want to talk about it, so you will also find yourself recommending it, perhaps with your own little preface...something like..."just give it a few minutes to get going, and dont mind the acting."

• Apr 22, 2021

Very original and interesting but the execution is not the best.

Very original and interesting but the execution is not the best.

• Mar 26, 2021

Stupid movie pretending to be smart. The characters are shallow and their only personalities are their old jobs, the movie seems like it represents nothing at all, apart from "Big booby trap box". Could have been set in a corn maze and been the exact same film. Stupid

• Mar 07, 2021

The acting for the cop was very questionable at times, but this was far better than I anticipated. It was actually quite gripping and had some weird twists. The acting was acceptable overall, the pacing was fine, and there was a mix of characters who were mostly likeable despite their flaws. The premise made for good entertainment. I haven't seen anything like it before. However, I wish more had been revealed about the Cube. The sets were a bit gameshow like, but the visual effects honestly weren't too bad. When you consider the budget this film probably had, they did a decent job. The cinematography was temporarily shaky in places but mostly all right. Finally, the soundtrack was odd.

• Jan 25, 2021

Brilliant. Imaginative, creative and twisted sci-fi-horror in a world that constantly changes, yet looks and feels the same. Tension builds throughout, in this well-directed, and well-written tale using unknown actors and a fresh level of intelligence as a force that makes this so watchable

• Jan 19, 2021

The plot is terrific, and was executed well, only for it to be so held back by super poor acting, which made it hard to watch at times.

• Jan 06, 2021

Watched this again after quite a while, and it still holds up.

Watched this again after quite a while, and it still holds up.

• Dec 06, 2020

Sneaks a solid rating. Like many of these deathly sci fi games films in many ways. Nothing too unique but you end up immersed in it and wanting to see how it ends. Usual plot twists along the way but somehow none are all that hard hitting.

• Nov 07, 2020

Geniale struttura per un horror claustrofobico, low budget con un concetto ben definito che permette di sopperire a delle prove attoriali rivedibili.

• Nov 03, 2020

Wow. As somebody that loves stupid, puzzle-esque, psychological thriller movies, this movie was the worst thing I've ever seen. God-awful acting and no logic to how the characters handle themselves in the situations whatsoever. The whole puzzle is math based and almost all of the math is wrong. Almost every trap in every (identical) room only has an effect on one small area in the center of the room, yet the characters repeatedly stroll right into that exact spot while they have a 5 ft wide perimiter to safely walk around, as if it never occurred to them to attempt to avoid the obstacles. Incredibly irritating movie I ended up sitting through just to see how it ended. Wasn't worth it.