The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Reviews

½ November 28, 2016
I remember that out of all the David Fincher films, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the film that I remember the least. So I wanted to see it again to remember it and that David Fincher directed it which when I finished it, I can kind of see why as this is not one of his bests. Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett are terrific and their chemistry is pretty good. The effects on Brad Pitt's character is really great, they tried their best to make it look good, and it doesn't look scary. The story is pretty good even though it feels like Forrest Gump, which feels like a coincidence consider that Eric Roth also wrote that film. The direction by David Fincher is still top-notch, and the writing is good, although it can be over-sentimental at times. Taraji P. Henson is great in it that it's cool that she got nominated for an Oscar. Benjamin Button is memorable, which the main reason is actually not because of his disease, but because the movie spends time on the character that it's more than enough for me to care about him. The movie is a bit overlong, and the ending felt a bit tacked on even though it's a bit better than other films like Remember Me. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is not one of David Fincher's grand films, but I had a bit of a good time with it that I'm glad that David Fincher hasn't directed a bad movie yet.
½ November 27, 2016
I may be a little bias solely because I believe Brad Pitt is one of the greatest actors of my generation. Such a well put together movie with an excellent story line.
October 21, 2016
Just released that this review was deleted so I am going to attempt to review this film after seeing it four months ago. David Fincher is slowly becoming one of my favourite directors. Every single film I see of his I believe is a great work of art. Not only do his films have great acting, cinematography, and production design, but all of his stories he tells sucks you into the movie immediately. Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett have amazing chemistry and they really pull off every single age range. The story is an emotional, yet beautiful one about the wonders of life. Reminded me a lot of Forrest Gump. If you are struggling for a movie on date night and are looking for something with a bit more depth than something like Bridesmaids, then this is a great film to watch. Very emotional, very romantic, very well-made!
October 12, 2016
I was just simply amazed & in awe by this beautiful film! It was an original & heartbreaking story about a person born as an old man who grew younger for more than 80 years, & it was so different than other films I've seen! The acting was on point & plot just kept me wanting to keep watching! Highly recommend it!
September 29, 2016
Gave it 45 minutes to 'wake up', and it hadn't ; and it was such a ridiculous premise (I was expecting more of a Merlin style living life backwards) that I felt it didn't warrant another 2 hours viewing. Binned.
½ September 27, 2016
.itself film the than fascinating more is film this of idea The .likable that really aren't (Blanchett Cate like) some and interesting particularly are characters the of None .it ignore to seems story the in everyone almost yet and ,movie this about thing interesting only the is device plot backwards aging The .dull but ,ambitious is Button Benjamin of Case Curious The
½ September 24, 2016
This was a very well done drama from David Fincher that had some excellent performances.
It was very creative and even answered all the questions I was asking myself while watching.
½ September 19, 2016
Probably David Fincher's "worst" movie, ignoring Alien 3, but that would be implying the movie is bad.

If you like David Fincher then you should definitely watch this movie, or if you just like movies in general. you should watch this movie. Brad Pitt is Oscar-worthy and this movie destroyed Slumdog Millionaire in terms of quality of Best Picture.
½ September 18, 2016
Although perhaps longer than necessary, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a sweeping, engrossing film with a pensive, melancholy storytelling sensibility lacking from many modern films.
September 11, 2016
Very good story, very well executed. The film is fun if not delightful at times. The film is long even though many periods were just brushed over. I found it epic in length but not all that epic in story. Many of the things happening are a bit ordinary save the fact of the juvenation of Benjamin.
½ September 5, 2016
Underwhelming, boring, and overlong but has it's merits
½ August 31, 2016
Could have been so much more interesting! Reversing the course of aging brings up so many fascinating questions and ideas, but this story was essentially about two lovers caught in bad timing over and over. Brilliant acting and an interesting story but totally short of what I hoped for.
½ August 8, 2016
Well acted, beautifully shot, but awfully melodramatic.
August 6, 2016
Não é o meu Fincher favorito, é um filme muito coeso e acima tem aquela magia de Forrest Gump!
Ren Klyce está como sempre ao seu nível.. grandes momentos de design de som.
½ July 31, 2016
Curious Case of Benjamin Button traz uma versão fiel do livro de F. Scott Fitzgerald e uma direção arrasadora de David Fincher.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Better than I thought it would be, When I first read the plot I thought it would be silly but it was really entertaining and emotional and very well acted, That's what we can expect from Brad Pitt even if the films plot isn't good you can guarantee he will put 100% into every role.
July 26, 2016
I have tremendous respect for David Fincher as filmmaker, and I know that I'll never be able to make the kind of film that he makes in a million years. It is a well-directed film and Fincher's attention to small details is precise as ever. Most of the visual effects are seamlessly done and the performances are solid. But in the end, I'm not sure what this movie is about. It is overly long, the story is all over the place, and it is unabashedly sentimental. I didn't care about the characters and the whole time, I kept thinking, "This feels like a more pretentious and emotionally hollow version of 'Forrest Gump'." There are things to admire about, but given the talent here, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" comes off as a disappointment.
July 23, 2016
Benjamin Button is a brilliant showcase for David Fincher's unusual storytelling, making Brad Pitt's reverse ageing character believable and easy to sympathise for. What's more fascinating than watching Pitt's body change is seeing how the other characters age around him. In particular, the centre stage romance with Cate Blanchett is beautiful to watch, especially as their ages intersect in the second act. These positives outweigh the film's demanding length and the less engaging interactions Pitt has with an estranged family member.
July 21, 2016
***
Featuring stunning CGI work and an amazing performance from Brad Pitt, 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' is a film that, with the talent of David Fincher, should be brilliant. However, despite the interesting story, the movie is far too long and drags badly in certain places.
July 11, 2016
Overly long, but brimming with heartbreak and pathos the whole way through, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" is a curious coming-of-age fable indeed.