D-Tox (Eye See You) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

D-Tox (Eye See You) Reviews

jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Another underrated Stallone film that not allot of people know exists, It's a great little thriller film with a good story, Not action pact but the story keeps us entertained, Stallone was great as he usually is, If you get a chance to watch it please do as it's better than most thrillers now days and deserves more credit.
December 14, 2015
Despite the bad reviews, I really enjoyed this film! Despite what the majority of people think, I went into this viewing knowing that Stallone would provide some fine acting at least. And that he did. Robert Patrick was great as well. He's always an excellent addition to any cast. The story has been done before, maybe not in the same exact way but it's been done before. However, something was lacking. I don't know how to describe it, but the story didn't seem "grand" enough. It just felt like a Made for TV film. But despite this, it's still a good film.
November 11, 2015
Nothing new, doesn't reshape the genre, but I liked it. The performances were strong enough to make up for how generic the movie is. A good movie to watch, if you just want something to watch.
½ October 20, 2014
Poor execution, uninspired performances and a weak plot made this film even more useless than it was predestined.
October 6, 2014
Very underrated movie.

This was great.
½ August 11, 2014
A good mix of murder mystery and action. It stays interesting throughout and is one of the better movies for Stallone.
July 11, 2014
wow....ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that sylvester stallone, tom berenger, charles s. dutton, sean patrick flanery, christopher fulford, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this drama/action/adventure/mystery/suspense movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.....

The film was set in Los Angeles California, Vancouver British Columbia and Toronto Ontario Canada on January 25 and May 23, 1999

i think that robert patrick (from the brilliant tv series The X-Files), was great throughout this movie.......i think that both Polly Walker as Jenny Munroe, Kris Kristofferson as Dr. John "Doc" Mitchell, were great throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie........i think that this is such a really thrilling movie 2 watch......i think that this is such a really thrilling movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really enjoyable thriller movie 2 watch......its got good fight scenes throughout this movie.......i think that this is a really enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch.......
March 27, 2014
I was expecting more of an action film. Got a mystery film instead. It has its moments of trying to make an attempt to at least meet expectations but falls short on all attempt.
February 10, 2014
If this slasher flick hadn't been so lazily written and directed, it could have mustered up some thrills or suspense. Had it been more ludicrous, maybe I could have at the very least laughed at it.
January 3, 2014
Stallone stars in this tensed little drama. A new take on the ten little Indians by Agatha Christie even though the island here is replaced by a Detox center, the plots follows a cop who's been send to this facility to recover from the trauma he suffered after the loss of his wife. It's tensed enough and quite well done to be entertaining and thrilling.
October 5, 2013
D-Tox is a fairly basic film, a simplistic mix of psychological thriller with the slasher genre an elements of crime drama, and it's level of enjoyment is basically standard.
Frankly, I find it largely underrated as a film. I enjoyed D-Tox, because it was a simple thriller which did have a good horror atmosphere because it's thrills and setting are great, and the premise holds elements of The Shining and of The Thing to it because of how its about a serial killer taking advantage of a location separated from the world by a snowstorm, which provided entertaining nostalgia. The premise was also interesting because of how it has police officers dealing with issues in a detox clinic, but since they get thrust into involvement with an insane killer in a grim and impenetrable fortress of imprisoning walls and psychological horrors, which is essentially a role reversal that renders the police officers the prisoners that must fend for themselves without the help of the authorities, regardless of the fact that they are indeed officers themselves. When you look deeper at the plot in D-Tox, it's better than you'd think.
Plus, D-Tox is stylishly created as it features great cinematography and strong editing, as well as being matched with strong lighting which kept things visually dark but easy to see which enhanced the atmosphere. It has a good feel of a prison story, which makes the multiple genres that it leaks into be fairly effective.
But what I probably liked most about D-Tox was the fact that it is a Sylvester Stallone film which is different to his usual films and is a branch out for him where he must work with a complex character. This is one of the reasons I find D-Tox so underrated, because Sylvester Stallone does a great job during arguably the slowest point of his career after experiencing such success, and it's one of his better dramatic performance. As Sylvester Stallone is one of my favourite actors, he is the whole reason I watched D-Tox. And as a person who appreciates his underrated performances in more dramatic pieces such as Over the Top and the remake of Get Carter, I find D-Tox to be another one of these films. This one is a stand out as it has Sylvester Stallone seriously dealing with the psychological drama, as opposed to shooting his way past it. D-Tox is an example of him branching out and doing his first psychological thriller since the masterpiece First Blood, and he shows that he's still got it. Any Sylvester Stallone fan should check D-Tox out, because it is an enjoyable and underrated piece which succeeds as a good dramatic effort from Sylvester Stallone as well as being a good slasher film.

D-Tox is good, but not great. It's essentially standard entertainment as is somewhat predictable and lacking in clever twists or turns.
One issue with D-Tox is the fact that the actual titular detox centre is supposed to be a symbolic prison to the fears and anxieties of the characters forced to confront their issues there, but director Jim Gillespie makes this so damned obvious that he essentially drills the idea into your head in the same manner that the serial killer drills into his victims' eyes. It doesn't leave much to the imagination, and although it's beneficially atmospheric for the horror atmosphere of the story, it's intended symbolism is so blantantly obvious.
Plus Tom Berenger also should have gotten a bigger role, because he's an excellent Academy Award nominated actor and received a large credit for his role in D-Tox, but takes on a small role. Of all the actors I felt like he should have received a bigger part, and if he did I may have enjoyed myself more than I did.
The same went for Kris Kristofferson, although he had a smaller credit. Still, I would have liked to have seen him more.
And lastly, it's title is lame. Whether it's released in your country as D-Tox or alternatively as Eye See You, it could have had a cooler name.

But nevertheless, D-Tox is a basic and decent thriller with a good cast, good visual appeal, a good atmosphere and a great effort from Sylvester Stallone. Most certainly did not deserve to lose nearly $50 million at Box Office.
½ August 1, 2013
Ths was a surprisingly good movie. It was packed full of suspense. It had plenty of action and some mushy sentimental parts too. Something for everyone...okay...not the kids. The movie is a little too violent for them. :) This happened to be following another movie I was watching and I wasn't really planning to watch it but the movie pulled me in and kept me there until the very end. Great Cast too.
June 28, 2013
Stallone is either hurting for money or he is going insane.
June 24, 2013
with a surprisingly good performance from sly in this underrated thriller D-tox is actually a pretty good movie that takes a lot more shit in my opinion, than it derserves although it can be predictable
June 24, 2013
I own this on DVD and Blu-Ray.
½ June 7, 2013
stallone tries something different but sadly this is just another missed opportunity. the film is all over the place and never allows the story to flow, it feels the need to create suspense with gore.
½ April 24, 2013
this was pretty good, similar to Mindhunterz, but not as good as that one. but for one time watching it was good
April 12, 2013
03.13 (2) The first half an hour of this movie is really good and then it just turns into.. well something else. As soon as he enters "D-tox" it goes from being a cop movie to a slasher/thriller. We get Cliched characters, bad dialogue, cornball whodoneit with a little Shining thrown in. Too bad. Stallone gives a great performance though, particularly in those opening scenes. I often forget that he can really act when he wants to. His character here reminds me of the one he portrayed in Copland.
January 29, 2013
Eye See lame stereotypes and people needing paychecks.