The Day After Tomorrow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Day After Tomorrow Reviews

April 18, 2017
I love this movie - I have seen it over 378 time. It is one of those movies that if you are into natural disasters and a good cast, you will love it. Most critics focus on the "unrealistic" part of the movie, but if the past is a prediction of the future, then what happened to the dinos of the world - for its time, it drove several controversial topics to light that most people might have missed. (1) political struggle between two boarding countries, Global warming (of course), separated parent racing a teen, teenager trying to be accepted by his peers, wealth vs non wealth, politicians not listening to the facts. Granted, there were several mistakes made and numerous story plots that made no sense, like the wolfs and the whole Frank dropping into the mall. Not sure how that made the movie better other than humans scarifying themselves for family and friends. All and all, i think it was a great movie. It is one of those that I play when I am working from home and just to listen to it. Oh well - To Manchester United.
April 8, 2017
Muy buenos efectos especiales
March 31, 2017
Best Disaster Film ??
½ March 22, 2017
Only good for the special fx
½ March 20, 2017
Just another whatever movie where the main characters make it out OK.
½ March 20, 2017
With no basis in scientific fact but plenty of self-righteous finger pointing, this is simply two hours of politically-correct, fear-mongering propaganda, relentlessly pushing the "manmade climate change" hoax.
March 20, 2017
If it had been set over the time period of a year like 'Deep Impact' was, then it would stand up as slightly more credible. Yet despite being a rather clumsy film, it's one of the few decent disaster movies made in recent years
½ March 7, 2017
I'm able to see the bombastic hollywood flaws but I've a certain soft spot for disaster flicks so this one instantly won me over. Not as all out entertaining as Emmerich's later film, 2012, but all-in-all it's a better film.
½ February 25, 2017
One disaster? How about ALL DISASTERS.

And wolves. what
February 12, 2017
Excellent! Worth watching. I'd watch it again. Majestic epic. Great special effects. Good cast.
January 22, 2017
Well acted, interesting, with a lot of suspense, but with weak script and predictable story
½ January 15, 2017
dumb movie plot..good graphics
½ January 10, 2017
Although it boasts some excellent special effects (for the most part), it takes a long time to get going, feels 20 minutes too long and is ultimately quite forgettable.
½ December 24, 2016
The visuals saved this movie.
½ December 7, 2016
Dramatic, not very realistic, but entertaining.

"Not very realistic" because I can't imagine a bunch of tornados ushering in such extreme temperature changes. However, Hawaii just had some anomolously cold and snowy weather. The Arctic Vortex has been fluctuating from its normal location. Arctic Vortex? What's that!?

Climate seems pretty complicated. Maybe we should make things simpler and defund climate research.
½ November 30, 2016
Here we have yet another Roland Emmerich disaster movie, and again we're delivered a real entertaining popcorn flick. Theres plenty of action to be had and despite the scale of the destruction Roland always seems to provide a light means of drama. There is a lack of realism which is dumbed down to the fact that 50% of the movie they're trying to prove it could be true, however you cannot deny some good effects which really provides thrilling entertainment due to the grand scale of the disaster. I do enjoy disaster movies and Emmerichs movies do often feel too serious, undermined by the unbelivability. Often making his movies often hit or miss but The Day after Tomorrow is definitely somewhere in between.
November 30, 2016
The day after tomorrow story had promise but was presented horribly. The plot is constantly dragged down to show some special effects (marks for getting the science right though) which aren't very good by today's standard. The dialog is botched to make way for effects, as is everything else. This hodgepodge of a film is only worth the outdated special effects it was made to show off.
November 26, 2016
Just like Independence Day: Stupidly enjoyable.
October 22, 2016
yet another GD lost review
October 6, 2016
I know I liked it, don't remember alot tho