Dead Silence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead Silence Reviews

October 26, 2017
Silly plot but really effective scares. Cinematography is mostly great and Donnie Wahlberg?s performance makes me wish he was in more stuff. A great guilty pleasure!
October 15, 2017
A sensory, visual delight. The plot (which isn't too bad) almost doesn't matter. This is sure to become a firm favourite in our household. (On second viewing I can confirm that. Despite it's flaws, this film is a thing of beauty. The atmosphere is second to none).
October 1, 2017
There's something very special about this film that I don't believe a lot of people see. That has to be the original story. This movie does what not a lot of doll movies do these days. It makes sense. This film's score and original story line are what makes it one of my favorite films to date. I watch this film almost every few weeks to remind myself of how special it is. The dedication of James Wan and his staff shows very thoroughly and the love for the horror genre that he bears isn't at all lost in the film. I recommend this film for any Wan fan, or any movie fan who wants something different. This won't scare you senseless, but it will keep you up at night.
½ August 18, 2017
This movie unfortunately has some flaws. The potential to go big with this one was there. Almost at the end you see a doll that looks like Pennywise the Clown and lots of other dolls that could have been dolls more unique and be relevant for more movies. I would love to see a remake made with more love for detail.
August 3, 2017
Could this movie get worse? only 88 mins of the movie and I hated it. if it was longer it could be more interesting! This needs a remake/sequel
July 12, 2017
Ending ruined my watching experience because my man Jamie died
½ June 20, 2017
It made no sense. That's really all that can be said. The Goosebumps Tv series for children did a better job at making this sort of concept genuinely frightening. It did have some decent special effects though.
May 31, 2017
The atmospherics, set and general feeling of dread are pitch-perfect, as good as it gets in a horror movie, but there's plenty of faults to be found in the writing and dialogue. Considering the circumstances, that the doll is always propped up instead of in its box is kind of baffling. And traveling the courseway of a theater abandoned for 60 years? Burials in the wood at night? It takes the guy an awful lot of time to put points together. Also, trouble always starts when the ..... score stops? Characters acknowledging the absence of non-diegetic sound is really stupid. Still, it's a nice dark ride with an interesting enough story and you dont get bored in there if you like it foggy and grey.
May 31, 2017
The main character should show more emotion, and the twist ending is incredible obvious
½ May 14, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 3 | Acting 3 | Cinematography 4 | Film Editing 3

#Visual: Costume Design 3 | Makeup & Hairstyling 4 | Scenic Design 4 | Lighting 3 | Visual Effects 3

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 3 | Sound Editing & Mixing 3

#Overall (1~10): 5
½ April 1, 2017
'Dead Silence' is bogged down by two things: the characters and the ending. The characters are just plain flat; there's nothing to them, so you don't really care about what happens to them. And the ending "twist" is just so obvious that it feels a bit insulting to the audience. However, all that said, the atmosphere and imagery are so damn creepy that it honestly makes it all worth it.
½ March 31, 2017
Boring, not scary, and laughable at times. Credit where credit is due though, on the use of silence in this movie. It was the one effective move pulled of in the entire film.
½ March 30, 2017
You can tell from the very beginning the movie was going to be sub-par, because it starts out with only two people in it, and the dialogue isn't even that great. There's the pretty standard "guy is fixing something, woman is sort of horny and seductive during" scene, and it pretty much sets the scene for the rest of the movie. No bueno.
½ March 19, 2017
My friend hyped this movie up so much. I guess I expected it to be scarier. The characters are underdeveloped, the plot is dull, and the scares are cliched and predictable.
March 18, 2017
best movie ever I seen
½ February 22, 2017
Scared me when I was younger, love it.
February 20, 2017
The writing is very poor, but Wan has some truly chilling moments in this one.
½ February 16, 2017
This one is actually one of the worst from Horror Master James Wan. It may be liked by fans of the genre as well as diehard Wan fans, but the casual viewer of scary movies may be a bit disappointed.
January 20, 2017
This is one of my favorite movies.
James is a good director and is good with thinking out of the box. He creates a story that is creepy and interesting. It makes you wonder what's gonna happen
next. I like the originality of it and the ending is definitely twisting.
½ January 12, 2017
Half of this looked promising, but unfortunately, the suspense and scares were too predictable to point out! Jamie isn't quite that sympathetic here, since Ryan Kwanton had a hard enough time trying to act as Jason Stackhouse from True Blood. The man looks better playing a model than at having a career as an actor. Just ignore this flick if you find it!