Dead Silence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead Silence Reviews

July 12, 2017
Ending ruined my watching experience because my man Jamie died
½ June 20, 2017
It made no sense. That's really all that can be said. The Goosebumps Tv series for children did a better job at making this sort of concept genuinely frightening. It did have some decent special effects though.
May 31, 2017
The atmospherics, set and general feeling of dread are pitch-perfect, as good as it gets in a horror movie, but there's plenty of faults to be found in the writing and dialogue. Considering the circumstances, that the doll is always propped up instead of in its box is kind of baffling. And traveling the courseway of a theater abandoned for 60 years? Burials in the wood at night? It takes the guy an awful lot of time to put points together. Also, trouble always starts when the ..... score stops? Characters acknowledging the absence of non-diegetic sound is really stupid. Still, it's a nice dark ride with an interesting enough story and you dont get bored in there if you like it foggy and grey.
May 31, 2017
The main character should show more emotion, and the twist ending is incredible obvious
½ May 14, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 3 | Acting 3 | Cinematography 4 | Film Editing 3

#Visual: Costume Design 3 | Makeup & Hairstyling 4 | Scenic Design 4 | Lighting 3 | Visual Effects 3

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 3 | Sound Editing & Mixing 3

#Overall (1~10): 5
½ April 1, 2017
'Dead Silence' is bogged down by two things: the characters and the ending. The characters are just plain flat; there's nothing to them, so you don't really care about what happens to them. And the ending "twist" is just so obvious that it feels a bit insulting to the audience. However, all that said, the atmosphere and imagery are so damn creepy that it honestly makes it all worth it.
½ March 31, 2017
Boring, not scary, and laughable at times. Credit where credit is due though, on the use of silence in this movie. It was the one effective move pulled of in the entire film.
½ March 30, 2017
You can tell from the very beginning the movie was going to be sub-par, because it starts out with only two people in it, and the dialogue isn't even that great. There's the pretty standard "guy is fixing something, woman is sort of horny and seductive during" scene, and it pretty much sets the scene for the rest of the movie. No bueno.
½ March 19, 2017
My friend hyped this movie up so much. I guess I expected it to be scarier. The characters are underdeveloped, the plot is dull, and the scares are cliched and predictable.
March 18, 2017
best movie ever I seen
½ February 22, 2017
Scared me when I was younger, love it.
February 20, 2017
The writing is very poor, but Wan has some truly chilling moments in this one.
½ February 16, 2017
This one is actually one of the worst from Horror Master James Wan. It may be liked by fans of the genre as well as diehard Wan fans, but the casual viewer of scary movies may be a bit disappointed.
January 20, 2017
This is one of my favorite movies.
James is a good director and is good with thinking out of the box. He creates a story that is creepy and interesting. It makes you wonder what's gonna happen
next. I like the originality of it and the ending is definitely twisting.
½ January 12, 2017
Half of this looked promising, but unfortunately, the suspense and scares were too predictable to point out! Jamie isn't quite that sympathetic here, since Ryan Kwanton had a hard enough time trying to act as Jason Stackhouse from True Blood. The man looks better playing a model than at having a career as an actor. Just ignore this flick if you find it!
½ November 24, 2016
His movie scares the hell out of me.
November 21, 2016
good movie, unless you don't like dolls
November 1, 2016
I think this was a decent horror film!
October 20, 2016
So i will start this off by saying it wasn't overall horrible. It was okay to watch once. I watched it with friends and it was a fun time but overall not very scary.
½ October 19, 2016
"Beware the stare of Mary Shaw. She had no children only dolls. And if you see her in your dreams. You must never, ever scream." Fortunately for you, "Dead Silence" is so devoid of scares, you're likely to be as silent as the grave.