Dead Silence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead Silence Reviews

½ March 19, 2017
My friend hyped this movie up so much. I guess I expected it to be scarier. The characters are underdeveloped, the plot is dull, and the scares are cliched and predictable.
March 18, 2017
best movie ever I seen
½ February 22, 2017
Scared me when I was younger, love it.
February 20, 2017
The writing is very poor, but Wan has some truly chilling moments in this one.
½ February 16, 2017
This one is actually one of the worst from Horror Master James Wan. It may be liked by fans of the genre as well as diehard Wan fans, but the casual viewer of scary movies may be a bit disappointed.
January 20, 2017
This is one of my favorite movies.
James is a good director and is good with thinking out of the box. He creates a story that is creepy and interesting. It makes you wonder what's gonna happen
next. I like the originality of it and the ending is definitely twisting.
½ January 12, 2017
Half of this looked promising, but unfortunately, the suspense and scares were too predictable to point out! Jamie isn't quite that sympathetic here, since Ryan Kwanton had a hard enough time trying to act as Jason Stackhouse from True Blood. The man looks better playing a model than at having a career as an actor. Just ignore this flick if you find it!
½ November 24, 2016
His movie scares the hell out of me.
November 21, 2016
good movie, unless you don't like dolls
November 1, 2016
I think this was a decent horror film!
October 20, 2016
So i will start this off by saying it wasn't overall horrible. It was okay to watch once. I watched it with friends and it was a fun time but overall not very scary.
½ October 19, 2016
"Beware the stare of Mary Shaw. She had no children only dolls. And if you see her in your dreams. You must never, ever scream." Fortunately for you, "Dead Silence" is so devoid of scares, you're likely to be as silent as the grave.
October 9, 2016
A sensory, visual delight. The plot (which isn't too bad) almost doesn't matter. This is sure to become a firm favourite in our household.
½ September 19, 2016
It was boring, Jamie is boring. The doll creeps you out just with its presence and the ending was anticlimactic.
August 25, 2016
I'm surprise of the low rating of this film! It's not an awful horror film but it was a pretty entertaining one! I wish the film was a strong as the ending!! I didn't see that ending coming!
½ August 12, 2016
As a movie it doesn't really hold up. As a horror movie it deserves some credit for some atmospheric chill and some genuine scares, but it's cheap tricks for the most part and the twist at the ending is just painfully obvious. James Wan still seems to be polishing up his scare tactics here before really hitting hard later with hits like "The Conjuring" and "Insidious".
½ August 12, 2016
The twist is pretty predictable but there are some decent scares. Decent early effort by James Wan.
½ August 8, 2016
I've only seen a few doll horror movies cause I'm afraid of them but this one either cured of worsened my fear.I really hate those ventriloquist puppet things.
August 7, 2016
omg, absolutely terrible.
½ July 19, 2016
Dead Silence has a promising premise, and effectively emulates the eerie retro look of horror classics. Unfortunately all this potential is squandered with a weak script, dull characters, non-scary kills, and a short 89 minute running time (5 minutes of which are spent on opening credits), all concluding with an uninteresting twist ending. Any creepy moments here are mild and intermittent.