Def Comedy Jam 25 Reviews

• Jan 05, 2019

This is a mess. Not a lot of jokes. Lots of talking and thanking people. Badly edited. Drunk Chapelle struggling to read the same lines over and over is sad. Some funny moments here and there.

• Mar 28, 2018

If you grew up watching Def Comedy Jam, this is a must see! It's amazing to see everyone come back together, pay tribute to those that have paved the way and make me laugh my @ss off. The memories that came back to me by watching this put a HUGE smile on my face. Must see!

• Feb 20, 2018

Lame special with a lot funny comedians.

Lame special with a lot funny comedians.

• Oct 16, 2017

It was a real treat to see famous comedians come back and pay tribute to what started it all. Def Comedy Jam 25 made me laugh out loud (for real, none of that "lol" stuff) and a bit emotional to see my favorite comedians in the beginning of their careers, and those who have long passed. 5/5

• Oct 07, 2017

A sloppily assembled, dispassionate thoroughfare; at a time when racial tension in the country is high, this comedy special attempts to play both sides of the coin, leaving the audience wondering whether the film was about comedy or politics, and if it was about politics, what the actually message was. The old footages are the high points of the film, while there have been livelier guest appearances at the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. And for crying out loud, can cult-legend comic Dave Chappelle at least TRY to look like he wants to sort of be there just the tiniest little bit? He's probably thinking he should've taken the Chris Rock route and literally mailed in his appearance.

• Oct 04, 2017

Some funny moments, but you get the sense this group has forgotten their roots and just like to talk about how rich they've become. The clips are the best part.

• Sep 28, 2017

Racist nonsense, once again let's bite the hand that feeds fatherless children. NOT FUNNY, , but sad.

• Sep 27, 2017

More of a history lesson then actual comedy. Katt Williams only got 1 minute 42 seconds of stage time. Most of the comedians didn't actually do stand up just taught us about the history of def comedy jam which would be find if the blended into their acts but they just didn't. The pacing is terrible it's comedian then history lesson then comedian does a intro for another comedian just to give us another history lesson followed by another intro to another comedian and so on and so forth. I was so stocked the line up is great the atmosphere was great but the delivery was not satisfactory. I might have just heard them wrong but it sounded to me like they tried saying black comedians was the first to swear but I can only find two white guys who could claim that luxery my research could be misinformed but something tells me I'm just not finding the right individual. It's good if you want to learn about the history of def comedy jam but if you are looking for stand up it's just not there it's sprinkled in at points that feel forced like they wasn't originally going to do any comedy and just have a reunion but decided to try to cash in on the event by getting such a great line up together just to get them 5 mins tops to read a teleprompter and hope they get a joke or two in. Maybe it's just me but I feel it could have been extremely better then what we received.

• Sep 26, 2017

This was off the chain! There is an unscripted part that will go down in comedy history !