Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Reviews

March 22, 2018
I first saw this movie when I was in elementary school, so it was kind of cool to watch other kids at school. It was funny, relatable, great characters too.
½ March 8, 2018
I actually kinda enjoyed this movie
½ February 27, 2018
An enjoyable movie that does not require any mental capacity to watch. At times it is rather goofy and see-through but when the credits role, you will feel pleased.
February 19, 2018
What is the meaning of this film? Children loved the books but this movie has taken away everything that was good about the book saga.
January 17, 2018
"You know what, Patty? One day middle school will end and become high school. And after that, it just becomes life. And all those things you think are important now won't be anymore"
- Angie -
October 27, 2017
The book was just as great and funny as the movie.
September 29, 2017
Greg isnt as likeable as he is in the book, and this easily the worst of the original trilogy but it has a great cast, funny moments, and a great soundtrack.
August 15, 2017
Not all that great, its pretty dumb, cringe worthy, and stupid.
½ August 6, 2017
I didn't even like the books so the chance of me liking the movie is slim. The acting is awful and the comedy is just disappointing.
July 24, 2017
This doesn't live up to the books but it's OK at best. Not great but not good ether.
July 5, 2017
Very funny book was a bit better
June 17, 2017
The movie has its cliche moments, but none the less it's a movie with humor (that's actually funny), decent story, good life lessons and overall just decent. The plot has its own depth and values,but it won't be a movie that a lot of people will remember nor it will be a good book based film....

It's just kinda in the middle not good but not bad
½ May 26, 2017
Diary of a Wimpy Kid is one of my favorite book series. It's smart and hilarious. So as a fan of the books, I actually think this movie is a decent adaptation. It did follow the story pretty well and it did capture the characters correctly, although I did find Greg to be a bit meaner in this movie, but I still like him, and I really liked it when he took the blame for eating the Cheese to save Rowley. That was very nice. I think the film does manage to capture the humor of the book, with many hilarious moments. I think it's a nice little family movie. While the book is of course better, Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a sweet, funny little comedy
May 20, 2017
Boring, dated, stupid, etc. Oh, the list goes on.
½ May 20, 2017
Too much potty humor for my liking. Also, there are too many middle school movies!
½ May 12, 2017
Diary of a Wimpy Kid may have lots of goofy fun but it won't please ALL the readers of the book who may all agree the story worked better as a cartoon book presented like a black-and-white notebook.
April 30, 2017
This made my childhood
½ April 13, 2017
My kids love the books and films of Diary of a wimpy kid, they have enough appeal to entertain a 7 year old and a 12 year old.
April 5, 2017
o god o god this pile of shit tries way to hard to be funny and i dont like
April 1, 2017