Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Reviews

½ April 13, 2017
My kids love the books and films of Diary of a wimpy kid, they have enough appeal to entertain a 7 year old and a 12 year old.
April 5, 2017
o god o god this pile of shit tries way to hard to be funny and i dont like
April 1, 2017
It looks really funny!!
March 18, 2017
Like the main character, this movie was seriously wimpy.
February 23, 2017
Extremley entertaining!
February 16, 2017
Hanya berdurasi 92 menit, tetapi sungguh menyajikan tontonan komedi yang menarik. Walaupun cerita seakan mengalir dengan cepat, namun konflik yang disajikan cukup menghibur. Karakter Rowley yang menjadi unik akan dirinya sendiri mampu memberikan perhatian sendiri, dan terlihat perubahan ketika adanya konflik dalam persahabatan mereka.
February 10, 2017
Taking the book's main character and turning him into an unlikeable little douche, this hurts the film.
January 18, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 16, 2017
I HATE this "movie" . But you should of guess that, you reading a 1/2 star review. Never have I ever watched a movie with so many unlike able characters! It's also gross! Do you expect me to like a movie that makes me want to turn around and never look at the screen until this Monstrosity of film is over? Is it rude I didn't give it 1 star? No, because it sucked. But my gosh is Grayson Russel a good actor! Hey Nick, maybe put him in your TV movies. He'd make it a little less worse. But he couldn't save this one. I can describe wimpy kid with one word: Gross
½ January 16, 2017
Diary of a Wimpy Kid is one of my favorite book series. It's smart and hilarious. So as a fan of the books, I actually think this movie is an okay adaptation. It did follow the story pretty well and it did capture the characters correctly, although I did find Greg to be a bit meaner in this movie, but I still like him, and I really liked it when he took the blame for eating the Cheese to save Rowley. That was very nice. I think the film does manage to capture the humor of the book, with many hilarious moments. I think it's a nice little family movie. While the book is of course better, Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a sweet, funny little comedy
January 14, 2017
The movie is accurate to the book, but was the book even that good? I don't think so. The movie and book share flaws with bad luck from a bad person. Most of the movie is not enjoyable due to it being completely based on the book. It's fine to watch it a few times, but this movie is very forgettable.
½ January 10, 2017
A pretty good adaptation of one of my favorite novel series, however at times it feels very different and not very faithful to the book, but its not bad if you are a fan of the series like I am.
½ December 19, 2016
Amusing family fare. The cast were good.
November 19, 2016
Fun and laughable. Especially if you've read the books.
October 13, 2016
even with it's flaws diary of the wimpy kid is still very entertain film with some great humor.
October 8, 2016
This is one underrated gem. This could be better than it is. This film is better than it is given credit for.
October 7, 2016
Is way to childish even for kids.
September 24, 2016
i want to see it but its not lettin me :(
½ September 22, 2016
Admittedly, I liked this movie when I was younger. I loved the book series, so I was really excited to see the movie now that it was coming out (I barely found out there was a movie a week before it was supposed to come out).

Sadly, as time went by, I started seeing the major problems with the film, and I started to like it less. For a movie called "Diary of a WIMPY Kid", Greg Heffley is a bit of a jerk. He's too jerky to be likable. Apparently, we're supposed to root for him, hope that he will make it through the harshness of middle school. But because he is way too self-absorbed and insults everyone around him, it really shows how jerky he is. If he were more innocent (like Rowley), he'd be more likable and charming, but he claims to be smarter than everyone else and knows more than everyone else, which just makes him more jerky than wimpy. So, yeah, I don't really like this character, which kind of ruins the premise of "Diary of a WIMPY Kid".
August 23, 2016
Although this movie goes into Napoleon Dynamite levels of kid gloving (No middle-schoolers say darn), this movie is very relevant to how a kid might feel when he's arrogant, not popular, and hasn't hit puberty. So, kudos to the filmmakers for getting that aspect right.