Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Fun film that nails it Source Material perfectly
½ April 8, 2018
very enjoyable classic
April 1, 2018
This movie was so bad that it actually hurt to watch the movie i suggest not watching it.
michael e.
March 29, 2018
Out of all teen films dealing with a new school, this is definitely the best to me. I haven't read the source material that his film was based on, but I'm sure it does a good job at following the series of books. This is a perfect film to show a kid who is now going into middle school, and the kids in this film all do great jobs at acting in this, and all of them are genuinely funny. The way how they use the cartoon drawings and animate them is very cool to watch and very interesting to look at. To me the best thing about this whole movie aside from the main actor and storytelling, is the music. The music for this film was picked perfectly, Beasty Boys Intergalactic for the Mother Son dance scene is very funny to watch, and very goofy to watch, but the best song in the movie is the ending credits song, "What Do You Want From Me" by Forever the Sickest Kids, its very energetic, well played by the group, and is very catchy to listen to.
March 22, 2018
I first saw this movie when I was in elementary school, so it was kind of cool to watch other kids at school. It was funny, relatable, great characters too.
½ March 8, 2018
I actually kinda enjoyed this movie
½ February 27, 2018
An enjoyable movie that does not require any mental capacity to watch. At times it is rather goofy and see-through but when the credits role, you will feel pleased.
February 19, 2018
What is the meaning of this film? Children loved the books but this movie has taken away everything that was good about the book saga.
January 17, 2018
"You know what, Patty? One day middle school will end and become high school. And after that, it just becomes life. And all those things you think are important now won't be anymore"
- Angie -
October 27, 2017
The book was just as great and funny as the movie.
September 29, 2017
Greg isnt as likeable as he is in the book, and this easily the worst of the original trilogy but it has a great cast, funny moments, and a great soundtrack.
August 15, 2017
Not all that great, its pretty dumb, cringe worthy, and stupid.
½ August 6, 2017
I didn't even like the books so the chance of me liking the movie is slim. The acting is awful and the comedy is just disappointing.
July 24, 2017
This doesn't live up to the books but it's OK at best. Not great but not good ether.
July 5, 2017
Very funny book was a bit better
June 17, 2017
The movie has its cliche moments, but none the less it's a movie with humor (that's actually funny), decent story, good life lessons and overall just decent. The plot has its own depth and values,but it won't be a movie that a lot of people will remember nor it will be a good book based film....

It's just kinda in the middle not good but not bad
½ May 26, 2017
Diary of a Wimpy Kid is one of my favorite book series. It's smart and hilarious. So as a fan of the books, I actually think this movie is a decent adaptation. It did follow the story pretty well and it did capture the characters correctly, although I did find Greg to be a bit meaner in this movie, but I still like him, and I really liked it when he took the blame for eating the Cheese to save Rowley. That was very nice. I think the film does manage to capture the humor of the book, with many hilarious moments. I think it's a nice little family movie. While the book is of course better, Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a sweet, funny little comedy
May 20, 2017
Boring, dated, stupid, etc. Oh, the list goes on.
½ May 20, 2017
Too much potty humor for my liking. Also, there are too many middle school movies!
½ May 12, 2017
Diary of a Wimpy Kid may have lots of goofy fun but it won't please ALL the readers of the book who may all agree the story worked better as a cartoon book presented like a black-and-white notebook.