Disneynature Born In China - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

3.0/5.0 stars - Grade: C+
September 16, 2017
Amazing and interesting
½ August 22, 2017
Beautifully photographed and cunningly edited such that there appear to be "plots" involving the animals. However, because this is Disney, the target audience seems to be kids - which results in two huge, almost unforgivable flaws. The almost-wall-to-wall narration is plain stupid, anthropomorphising the animals to a ludicrous degree (I can't remember how many times I rolled my eyes violently). And violence is only alluded to and never shown, which seems laughably misguided when one of the animals is a snow leopard. Would've liked it a lot more if they'd simply cut the narration completely.
½ July 23, 2017
Pretty good but sad :(
July 9, 2017
Beautiful cinematography. Not much else.
July 9, 2017
yaaawwwwn. Very slow paced and not as intriguing as previous Disney Nature films.
June 30, 2017
don't like having to pay for documentaries at the theater when I can see them for free on my TV that's not why I go to the movies. I love watching the animals but at home.
June 26, 2017
loved this movie! very entertaining in the manner in which it's narrated. would definitely watch over and over
June 20, 2017
A dose of cuteness that could have lasted longer. Kudos to Disney for keeping it real but yet with the species being endangered could they not have stepped in and prevented that outcome?
½ June 11, 2017
??? horrible narration
½ June 11, 2017
Not Disney Nature's best. Terrible narration mostly
½ June 10, 2017
Born In China offers a fantastic narration from John Krasinski and it not only marks another great documentary from Disneynature, but it's also a lot of fun for kids and parents alike.
June 7, 2017
Amazing photography and very informative.
½ May 28, 2017
Everything you would expect out of a Disney nature film. beauty, emotion, nature! ??
May 25, 2017
Fun, Beautiful, and Real!
May 25, 2017
i like this movie because it is educational and important. They live in different habits and we see it. Also they got up close to the animals.
½ May 25, 2017
A good educational movie but it should not be for all ages like it intended to be because it showed many animal deaths for example a baby monkey getting snatched from its mother I understand it's nature but I don't think a 5 year old would want to see that
May 20, 2017
We liked it overall, and so did the 4-year-old, but fer cryin' out loud, why did they have to have the female snow leopard mama be one of their only three NAMED CHARACTERS, if they knew they were going to show her tragically dying of starvation??? Disney, what the ??&$@!! is WRONG with you? Why do you always feel the need to kill off parents--especially mothers--in movies marketed to PRESCHOOLERS?? Shame on you for showing that leopard mom dead in the snow.
May 15, 2017
Awesome documentary of the wilderness in china and the different wildlife and the struggle of survival
½ May 14, 2017
Thank you for this documentary. Yes, it's a documentary movie. Please don't compare it to marvel movies. I really enjoyed it and of course I also cried as well. I took my 5 and almost 2 years old to watch it with me. And I am glad I did. So I can teach them movies is not only about main stream type and everyone should also enjoy different kind of movies sometime.