Disneynature Born In China - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Disneynature Born In China Reviews

January 23, 2018
Born in China is a family flick for better and for worse with sometimes annoying narration, but it is for the most part a very endearing, cute film which is refreshing in its formula as it follows four instead of just one animal species. Some scenes here are incredibly heartwarming. The cinematography is so strong and the film is so well photographed that it makes for one beautiful and very cinematic viewing experience.
½ December 26, 2017
I've seen better nature movies by Disney. This one's cute, but lacks any real edge.
December 11, 2017
Edited and put together in a very fun way. Also the narrator gives everyone personalities making it a lot of fun to watch. I would consider it a must-see. Have some tissues handy!
November 5, 2017
This movie just makes the Chinese nature love grow. By the end of the movie, everyone was seeing if they could adopt a panda.
½ October 21, 2017
Good just cause we love nature and China.
October 2, 2017
This is one of the more enjoyable Disney Nature films. The story follows three animals: a female panda with her daughter; a female snow leopard and her two cubs, and a group of monkeys. I actually found myself invested in the snow leopard storyline. There is no doubt kids will love this because of the cute pandas, but the main theme here is a common one: survival. One storyline in particular has a sad ending. Narrated by John Krasinski, there were times where he was talking too much. Sometimes, it is best to let the animals tell the story. This is a decent documentary about animals just trying to live.

Grade: B
September 30, 2017
9/30/17 Netflix DVD

How can you not love a Disney film about nature, family and the circle of life. You can nit pick about the narration, the humanization and the "hokey" script but the photography is amazing and breathtaking and the animals are cute and real and interesting. How they capture the closeups is unreal. This isn't just a movie for kids, with all the gory, sexual, drug fueled, vulgar and CGI enhanced movies out there this one is a nice, warm and engaging movie for all ages.
½ September 26, 2017
Raising up a child in the wild, ain't an easy task.

The common tern we all have heard is 'made in china'. Thankfully, it is not about that cheap thing. It's about those beautiful, magnificent creatures born in those regions. Well, I've not seen many documentaries set in that place. So I was happy to watch it, but wasn't that excited as I do for any Disney films. It was the next destination for DisneyNature after venturing in Sri Lanka for 'Monkey Kingdom'. The tenth film. If you are a DisneyNature fan, brace yourself for the wild adventure.

From the director of one of the most uneasy war films I've ever watched, 'The City of Life and Death'. That's the best, as well as the worst decision the DisneyNature had made. He's the best choice since the documentary is about china's wildlife. He knows his nation well than any western filmmakers. The production quality was top notch. But he did not understand the DisneyNature's way of filmmaking, if this film is not only made for Chinese audience.

Apart from those, it was quite an enjoyable flick. Little fun in the parts, as well as gets emotional towards the ending. From cranes to giant panda, monkeys, snow leopard and Tibetan antelope, the narration divides four ways. For every few minutes focusing on these creatures' families, the film reveals the story of their young ones from birth to growing to adult. Like how their mother dedicates to raise them, and the lessons they learn from their clan, as well as their own from their instinct. Then final the storytelling comes to halt when those youngsters set to begin their next stage of life.

?The joy a mother receives from raising a cub from birth, however... is worth a thousand farewells.?

First of all, you must understand the DisneyNature production type. If you know, well, that's good. But if you don't, then know that its products are targeted for little kids. Not like BBC, Nat Geo or any other nature documentaries that expose only reality. Here they identify the character and give a name, then create a story around it in the post production, that's similar to the human's for the kids to understand it better. Especially the harsh parts are trimmed out. Like Disney's fairy-tale, only you are going to witness them in the nature version without magics.

I'm an adult, and I think it was an okay film. Not because what I stated in the previous paragraph, but I've been following DisneyNature films since its inception and this could be the least best one. I said the least best, not the worst. Tell me who would hate Disney films for being soft and touchy! Yep, only the grown ups do.

Visually extraordinary, but not the story they have added to it. Narrated by John Krasinki. He did a good job as what they have told him to do. Though my issue is they were lying about everything. I don't think that's what the children should be learning. So on that perspective, this film is not for anyone above 9 years of age, otherwise it will be mislead. I prefer to show them BBC nature documentaries instead. Nonetheless, it is worth a watch once.

September 20, 2017
3.0/5.0 stars - Grade: C+
September 16, 2017
Amazing and interesting
½ August 22, 2017
Beautifully photographed and cunningly edited such that there appear to be "plots" involving the animals. However, because this is Disney, the target audience seems to be kids - which results in two huge, almost unforgivable flaws. The almost-wall-to-wall narration is plain stupid, anthropomorphising the animals to a ludicrous degree (I can't remember how many times I rolled my eyes violently). And violence is only alluded to and never shown, which seems laughably misguided when one of the animals is a snow leopard. Would've liked it a lot more if they'd simply cut the narration completely.
½ July 23, 2017
Pretty good but sad :(
July 9, 2017
Beautiful cinematography. Not much else.
July 9, 2017
yaaawwwwn. Very slow paced and not as intriguing as previous Disney Nature films.
June 30, 2017
don't like having to pay for documentaries at the theater when I can see them for free on my TV that's not why I go to the movies. I love watching the animals but at home.
June 26, 2017
loved this movie! very entertaining in the manner in which it's narrated. would definitely watch over and over
June 20, 2017
A dose of cuteness that could have lasted longer. Kudos to Disney for keeping it real but yet with the species being endangered could they not have stepped in and prevented that outcome?
½ June 11, 2017
??? horrible narration
½ June 11, 2017
Not Disney Nature's best. Terrible narration mostly
½ June 10, 2017
Born In China offers a fantastic narration from John Krasinski and it not only marks another great documentary from Disneynature, but it's also a lot of fun for kids and parents alike.