District B13 (Banlieue 13) Reviews

• Dec 05, 2018

This movie was really something else , I don't know quite what I just saw, I have watched action films from the east for years, and have been contuinusly intrigued and impressed with their inventiveness, the action stunt work is flawless and utterly amazing, these guys are insane in the best possible way, and you just cant take your eyes off them. I feel so excited after this film. So for this being something different, I give " District B 13" a C.

• Jul 29, 2018

Great movie action packed and thrilling tent it that is if you either like reading or you can understand French !! I can understand it so it was entertaining for me ! Cette film est un film amusante avec beaucoup d’action ! Ces violent alors ces pas bon pour les enfants!

• Jul 26, 2017

fun foreign action flick. interesting premise and some cool fighting (2 viewings)

• Jan 09, 2016

This and the Raid have set the standard for the modern action movie.

This and the Raid have set the standard for the modern action movie.

• Dec 01, 2015

this movie has over the top action with awesome parkour stunt. people who want a short entertaining movie here is one to add on your list

• Aug 24, 2015

Brick Mansions fell quite a bit short compared to the original... the film truly was bad ass.

• May 16, 2015

No-stop action, excellent fighting scenes and the parkour scenes are fantastic, story a bit simplistic but in overall a good film.

• Apr 20, 2015

"District 13" is pretty much what you expect from a dystopian French action film. The plot is interesting, the characters are pretty standard, but the thing that makes this film special is the use of parkour in its action sequences. Parkour (aka "extreme running") has seen various waves of popularity since its conception in the late 80's but this film has been a window to the extreme sport for the next generation. The film stars David Belle, the founder of parkour, as a vigilante who tries to cleanse his Parisian suburb of gang violence. I enjoyed the story, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed watching Belle get chased around buildings and over rooftops by various bad guys. Naturally, he ends up being paired up with Cyril Raffaelli (another insanely awesome parkour guy) so that they can get chased around together. Bibi Naceri plays a pretty despicable bad guy and Dany Verissimo provides the damsel in distress. A lot of the story is predictable and far-fetched, but it's worth it for the action sequences. "District 13" isn't an amazing film, but it is an important preservation of parkour with unbelievable stunts that were filmed without wires or CGI.

• Feb 04, 2015

Luc Besson Presents This Fast & Fun Action Flick Which Showcases Some Great Parkour Action. Starring David Belle (Creator Of Free Running) And Stuntman Cyril Raffaelli, this thriller is based in a near future where the most dangerous district in Paris is closed of from the rest of the city. Government officials have however hatched a plot to destroy this part of the city. To make it look like if they are trying to save lives though, they send an ace but naive cop undercover to seemingly disarm the bomb. A basic plot which allows for some nicely choreographed free running stunts to be performed, completely without wires and CGI, this is one film that's worth a viewing for it's different styled stunts, and was the original film to use these types of stunts.

• Nov 20, 2014

the original that inspired the clone made by Hollywood "brick mansions" I love Paul walker as much as anyone else but really unless you absolutely have to see this movie staring PW just keep it to the OG