Dopamine Reviews

• Jun 02, 2010

"Dopamine" is a very slow moving movie. I bought it at "Hollywood Video" for $1.06 and I think I paid too much. A large part of the movie revolves around a little yellow bird named Koy Koy. Koy Koy is a character in a computer program. The graphics used to create the bird are very similar to the graphics in "Avatar". OOPS. I didn't mean to say "Avatar"; I meant "Pong". After I watched the movie, I put it in my box for Goodwill donations. This movie lasts 85 minutes. There is one positive thing I can say about this movie and I will add it to this review as soon as I think of something.

• Dec 05, 2009

A good story, asks genuine questions, and performed fairly well.

A good story, asks genuine questions, and performed fairly well.

• Jun 30, 2009

Overall, this film is a little too indie/hipster. The science in this film (the source of its title) is just poorly-researched, badly-explained techno-babble. The film stumbles over itself when explaining the "chemistry" referenced in the title, often reducing the biochemistry of love to obvious stereotypes (e.g. "lots of testosterone"). Seeing as the entire film revolves around this topic (the biochemistry of love)... well, you get the idea. As a previous reviewer has said of the film, "poor execution killed it right off the bat". ... (but as a fan of "Sliders", I enjoyed Sabrina Lloyd's performance. Coincidentally, "Sliders" also takes place in San Francisco.)

• Feb 27, 2009

maybe it's interesting if you've never heard of the chemistry behind love before, but this left me a little bored. the parts with the computer programmers draggggged. it picked up when the lead actress was on the screen but got then it got to be too much *talking* about love vs. chemistry rather than *showing* it.

• Sep 27, 2008

It is a very interesting concept that love is not an emotion but a hormonal output- a reaction to the action.

• Sep 04, 2008

Strange, but romantic. Nice to watch.

Strange, but romantic. Nice to watch.

• Jul 17, 2008

Conceptually interesting, poorly executed. Sabrina Lloyd is adorable though.

Conceptually interesting, poorly executed. Sabrina Lloyd is adorable though.

• Jul 03, 2008

Interesting story. Kind of geeky and mushy and sexual tension.

Interesting story. Kind of geeky and mushy and sexual tension.

• May 28, 2008

The idea sounded nice, but poor execution killed it right off the bat. There are too many ideas and points the director/writer wants to get across to the audience in such a short amount of time that you're often left wondering "What's the ULTIMATE message here?" And the love between the two leads was kind of unbelievable and seemed a little fake. And random plot and character twists coming out of nowhere didn't help much either...

• Mar 30, 2008

John Livingston is Ron Livingston's brother!

John Livingston is Ron Livingston's brother!