DOSED Reviews

• Apr 22, 2020

A subjective, indefinitely compelling account of an individual afflicted with addiction and their journey to hopefully finding their panacea. The documentary does not attempt to adapt a commiserating tone towards Adrianne's plight but it is discreet. "Dosed" is a creditable piece; a singular viewpoint on the pathways that can be opened towards assuaging a ‘first-world' endemic albeit through yet another refurbished method of the indigenous, complete with a ‘first-world' price tag and copyright-eous mantras.

• Apr 15, 2020

Long before seeing this film I was educated about addiction issues and pro-decriminalization. I'm also a former addict myself. And yet, I was still shocked by this film. How normal Adrianne often appears makes you want to think that the movie wasn't following a "real" addict. The fact that she presents as just any other everyday woman, but then later seeing how much she legitimately struggles is a bit surreal, and it really demonstrates how addiction can truly affect anyone. How supportive and loving her parents and friends are throughout her struggles also very much highlight how important community, and having the support of loved ones is. Having these supportive social networks and a safe place to live can make a world of difference for someone's long-term recovery. --- My only gripe about the film was that they kept going back to some vague childhood trauma that was never unearthed. It felt like they kept harping on her about it but then it wasn't significant by the end. A LOT of addiction stems from trauma and self-medicating, but I felt they could've done a better job of demonstrating that by either introducing a secondary character or just presenting more statistics around it all, instead of trying to make something out of her extremely vague sort of feeling about something that might have happened when she was young. It felt a little like memory implantation instead of any legitimate psychological care or recovery. But this is part of the whole problem, we don't have good 'legal' tools or resources or supports for addiction recovery, and we desperately need it!

• Apr 07, 2020

It's a journey worth watching, especially for those dealing with addiction. And one that highlights the real benefits of plant medicine under the right circumstances. Watching Adrianne's transformation at the end, and seeing her eyes return to normal once she is freed from the grip of opiods should be a wake-up call to get these medicines more readily available to treatment facilities.

• Mar 29, 2020

As a psychotherapist of 40 years treating addiction and PTSD this film demonstrates there is a huge need to offer alternative treatment to those who have not experienced success traditionally. Adrienne is raw, intense and real and the filmmaker shows this up close and personal. It is very important that his film be widely released to demonstrate hope and encouragement to those who struggle. It is a beautifully filmed and well made documentary.

• Feb 27, 2020

There is not a movie out there that offers hope and solutions to the opioid crises like this documentary. I work at a methadone clinic and see how the current system to deal with addiction is not working. This movie documents true healing. It's well-made, engaging, and its implications are enormous.