Edward Scissorhands - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Edward Scissorhands Reviews

April 11, 2018
I feel like this film has a underlying meaning but can't really decided what is it I feel if I could but unvail that meaning it would be an artwork instead of a odd movie
½ March 17, 2018
What happens when you turn a child's drawing into a film
March 4, 2018
As always with Tim Burton movies, the aesthetic and look in this movie is on point. It's actually a pretty sad movie when you think about it. Edward is forced to live with scissors as hands. Constantly seen as a threat and a monster. If it wasn't for his charm and sweet nature, the whole town would be grabbing their pitchforks and torches. I can't imagine what a hellish nightmare it would be to have to live with scissors as hands. How do you wipe your ass? Or hold your dick to aim the piss stream?

I love how almost robotic the neighborhood is especially the husbands and there routines. They all get home at the same time, there wives go home, and then on weekends, they all leave at the same time to go golfing. I can't help but feel that maybe a part of Tim Burton is represented in Edward, especially in that bank scene. I feel like Tim Burton has gone through that himself. That scene in the bank pretty much sums it up perfectly how banks are. I hate them.

Jeez, that neighborhood is full of toxic people. Even though this is a sad tale about a good-hearted monster who can't live a normal life, the movie is surprisingly funny with a good amount of humor.

Overall, I love this movie. It's over real quick with it's interesting and original story.
½ February 24, 2018
Director Tim Burton manages to create a unique world that combines exquisitely his own gothic style along a perfectly satirical and stylish environment that clearly mocks the American life-way, but never going to far as to abandon its main themes, and with the presence of an enjoyable cast and appealing visuals, this modern-fairy tale takes Burton to his best, and with Johnny Depp in the lead, little was known it'll mean the beginning of one of cinema's most acknowledgeable duos.
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 22, 2018
This movie was definitely above average. There's something about it that makes me want to watch it again and again. It's like Tim Burton made Edward play a character that a lot of different people can relate to in their own lives. If you're introverted and have something else special or different about you, people will either love you or hate you. Edward was treated as an outsider, which he really was throughout the entirety of the film, and it's just something that a lot of us can relate to in the real world. People are constantly judged by their looks over anything else and in this film, Edward is no exception. Him being introduced to a new surrounding consisting of fathers, mothers, police officers, little kids, and bullies was just too much for him. It was quite a culture shock indeed because he never had a normal childhood to grow and develop into a normal human being. I believe he was an invention as well, which only adds to his problems when put in a society as a socially awkward man with scissors for hands.
½ February 11, 2018
it never snowed..

Edward Scissorhands

It resembles with Disney cartoon features but the problem in here is that it is a real world and is probably one of the reasons why some of the sequences would be difficult to digest and would raise some questions that should not be. But as I said, Edward Scissorhands being somewhat similar to a Disney feature offers everything i.e. sketchy and shady characters, peculiar world and amusing perspectives. Tim Burton still lacks a better execution as he fails convincing the audience that it is all "real" or even the accept the stills that are projected. But if he fails, Johnny Depp has got his back and not only does he convince them but makes them feel for the character; he is flat out amazing but needs a better supporting cast. Edward Scissorhands scores majestically in pouring out emotions on screen through stellar performances and brilliant writing but unfortunately could not deliver the perfect execution and editing that it deserved.
½ January 28, 2018
One of the greatest fable of the 90s. The theme song still makes me cry. Pure genius (Tim)
½ January 14, 2018
This film is a classic to all children but to adults it leads us with many unanswered questions and left out plot holes that leaves us scratching our heads by the end.
December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 8.0

La obra maestra de Tim Burton. Poderosa y entrañable, que la convierte en un clásico instantáneo del cine estadounidense.
½ December 13, 2017
Tim Burton's most iconic and synonymous film is one of his most memorable.
½ November 21, 2017
Edward Scissorhands, released 1990, tells the story of an artificial boy with scissors as hands struggling to be normal after being thrust into the outside world from his dark home. Edward is introduced to the outside world after a motherly sales lady takes pity and brings him to her home. Edward's harsh appearance yet gentle demeanor charm the curious neighborhood and they welcome him with open arms. The beginning was too slow though, depicting the contrast between Edward's dark past and the colorful present, and the real plot of the film doesn't start until Edward is introduced to the sales lady's daughter about a half hour into the movie. With a confusingly romantic yet dark genre, the movie jerks the audience from serious to comedy. While the overall costuming was appropriate for its characters, the plot wasn't stable enough to accurately portray Edward's angst. Overall this heart-felt movie is a classic to fans of Tim Burton films, although the movie could have done better with its story and design.
½ November 18, 2017
A classic film that never gets old to us who love the feeling of being able to escape into a film.
November 13, 2017
Most beautiful movie ever with the most beautiful woman ever with the most beautiful soundtrack ever.
October 28, 2017
Original, quirky and eclectic.
October 19, 2017
So goth, so emo, So sad
October 15, 2017
Initially simply a suburban satire, this is a movie with great heart that fails to capitalize on its subtle themes. Instead of a romantic point being made, the end of the movie is a death, one that does not strike much thought in its audience. The set design is impressive, the colorful costumes numerous and the score is overly repetitive yet fitting. This is a good, not great, movie.
October 14, 2017
Oh my sicssorhands! Prepare to weep tears with this beautiful gothic story. This has creativity a, action, suspense and some funny but adorable one liners. I enjoyed lots, don't miss a second!
October 9, 2017
There's all this drama, but borders on melodrama and ends up having not much to show for it. Why did the boyfriend have to turn out to be the psycho villain, I have no idea. This film could have had a better flow if that was fixed.
September 23, 2017
This movie was amazing. It was well made, and it has an excellent. It was so heartwarming, I actually cried. I have never cried during a movie before. This movie is child friendly, aside from the part when Jim dies or when Joyce tries to seduce Edward ( she fails at that, fortunately). I love the creepy as well as romantic and sweet aspects of it. Go watch this movie, and remember to pack the tissues, and popcorn!