Edward Scissorhands - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Edward Scissorhands Reviews

July 27, 2017
Beautiful but tragic.
½ July 15, 2017
I don't remember this movie but it was pretty good
½ July 4, 2017
I'm a huge fan of Burton's films and I remember loving "Edward Scissorhands" as a lonely teenager. But watching it as an adult is definitely a different experience. Burton has always been a champion of outcasts and you can clearly feel his deep affection towards Edward. I love the way he created a gothic fairy tale in the modern suburban setting, with vibrant colors and wacky characters filling up the screen. That is a marriage that shouldn't work at all, but Burton, working his great sense of imagination, manages to make it work. And Johnny Depp is terrific as Edward. His performance is what makes this character so charming and believable. I gotta say, after rewatching, this is not one of my favorite Burton films. I didn't buy the romantic connection between Edward and Kim, and in the last 15 minutes it turns into a completely different film. The tonal shift is so jarring and the execution almost ruins all the sweet and heartfelt moments that happened beforehand. I still like this film and find it enchanting, but it didn't win me over like it did when I was younger. There is a lot to like about "Edward Scissorhands", but with a different ending, I think it would've been a lot better.
June 27, 2017
A
Brings so much heart to the table. Tremendous film making.
June 23, 2017
Edward Scissorhands is really one of the best movies ever made! Johnny Depp did an amazing job playing his role. For everyone who says Edward Scissorhands is a horrible movie, Edward Scissorhands is actually the 66th best movie out of the 500 best movies ever made.
½ June 8, 2017
First off, the overall storyline is just flat out stupid af. The mom is an idiot. However, once you get past the first 2 things, it's kind of funny and kind of okay. The end fight scene is way too long and cliché, but I guess it makes sense because it was from 1990. Also, I didn't really like how the entire movie was just someone telling a story.
May 26, 2017
A perfect fable. I don't see a misstep anywhere, and the highs are deliriously high.
April 26, 2017
This movie is good, but after seeing it a bunch of times I am bored by it
March 22, 2017
Very interesting and new concept, good acting.
½ March 21, 2017
A true work of genius by Tim Burton!
March 20, 2017
An artistic & imaginative depiction of society & it's prejudices
March 17, 2017
Very sweet and original. A good story and good acting. Not too bad for kids even though it's PG-13. It's a good movie and touching.
February 28, 2017
Very charming and delightful tale with easily recognizable Tim Burton themes and production design. Johnny Depp gives one of his eccentric performances as Edward who falls in love with beautiful Winona Ryder. Note the legendary Vincent Price as Edward's creator.
February 23, 2017
Expect for the scissors gimmick and the topiaries , it's pretty much a continuous cliche.
½ February 12, 2017
Out of the films by Tim Burton that I have viewed, Edward Scissorhands is much more heartfelt and emotional than some of his others. I don't believe it's his best work, but when you give the guy the right material, he can do some great stuff. And, don't get me wrong, I love some of his other movies that aren't as deep. I just think that when Burton breaks away from his signature style of freak-show weirdness, it makes for an extremely more compelling experience than some of his more formulaic movies.
½ February 8, 2017
Tim Burton's sentimental masterpiece is a film you will never forget. (First viewing - Childhood)
½ February 8, 2017
even know about most this movie is considered a classic I found it cool.
January 23, 2017
Love this movie. The acting, the story, the characters, all of it was a work of art.
January 19, 2017
Edward Scissorhands (1990) - Is considered my favorite out of all of Tim Burton's movies and it definitely shows. The story has a great mixture of heart, humor and Burton's creepy but enchanting imagination, it's about as perfect a Tim burton film as you can get. What really makes this movie is Johnny Depp playing the title character. Admittedly I haven't been much of a fan of Depp as an actor but his performance as Edward was probably the best role he's ever played. I also love the way he uses his scissors to do all kinds of cool things whether it be. Trimming bushes, Cutting hair or even making it snow. I also love his curiously and his naive innocence. His personality felt very relatable to my feelings and I felt very sad when Edward was going through moments of pain and confusion. His character is a great example of not judging a person by the way he looks or even by his actions. The rest of the characters work off of Edward in a very unusual way but it works as it challenges Edward's perception on how he sees the people around him. I love that at first Edward thinks he's found his place down in the neighborhood but then suddenly things take a turn for the worse and he starts to crumble slowly until he finally breaks down. This is due to a fact that people are constantly bugging him and doing strange things too him and most of the time he's uncomfortable of unfamiliar with doing certain tasks. The last character to mention is the love interest Kim. I like that over time she starts to understand the pain Edward goes through even though no else does. I really do love the bond they share and their understanding for each other really tugs at my heartstrings from time to time. The cinematography is dazzling to look at. From the oddly colored neighborhood to the spooky unknowns of Edwards home, It captures Tim Burton's creepy vision while also Throwing in some in some beautiful scenery. The music is done by Danny Elfman and his score is both enchanting and sometimes kinda depressing in a good way. When certain moments hit, the music score accompanies greatly with the situation and it delivers something magical and mysterious. Tim Burton has made some great movies in his lifetime but in my opinion this is what I consider the best movie he's ever made (A+)
January 2, 2017
Personajes poco memorables, escenografía infantil, sobremusicalización y transiciones tontas en los sentimientos de la preciosa Winona Ryder. Para niños. 4/10