Edward Scissorhands - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Edward Scissorhands Reviews

December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 8.0

La obra maestra de Tim Burton. Poderosa y entrañable, que la convierte en un clásico instantáneo del cine estadounidense.
½ December 13, 2017
Tim Burton's most iconic and synonymous film is one of his most memorable.
½ November 21, 2017
Edward Scissorhands, released 1990, tells the story of an artificial boy with scissors as hands struggling to be normal after being thrust into the outside world from his dark home. Edward is introduced to the outside world after a motherly sales lady takes pity and brings him to her home. Edward's harsh appearance yet gentle demeanor charm the curious neighborhood and they welcome him with open arms. The beginning was too slow though, depicting the contrast between Edward's dark past and the colorful present, and the real plot of the film doesn't start until Edward is introduced to the sales lady's daughter about a half hour into the movie. With a confusingly romantic yet dark genre, the movie jerks the audience from serious to comedy. While the overall costuming was appropriate for its characters, the plot wasn't stable enough to accurately portray Edward's angst. Overall this heart-felt movie is a classic to fans of Tim Burton films, although the movie could have done better with its story and design.
½ November 18, 2017
A classic film that never gets old to us who love the feeling of being able to escape into a film.
November 13, 2017
Most beautiful movie ever with the most beautiful woman ever with the most beautiful soundtrack ever.
October 28, 2017
Original, quirky and eclectic.
October 19, 2017
So goth, so emo, So sad
October 15, 2017
Initially simply a suburban satire, this is a movie with great heart that fails to capitalize on its subtle themes. Instead of a romantic point being made, the end of the movie is a death, one that does not strike much thought in its audience. The set design is impressive, the colorful costumes numerous and the score is overly repetitive yet fitting. This is a good, not great, movie.
October 14, 2017
Oh my sicssorhands! Prepare to weep tears with this beautiful gothic story. This has creativity a, action, suspense and some funny but adorable one liners. I enjoyed lots, don't miss a second!
October 9, 2017
There's all this drama, but borders on melodrama and ends up having not much to show for it. Why did the boyfriend have to turn out to be the psycho villain, I have no idea. This film could have had a better flow if that was fixed.
September 23, 2017
This movie was amazing. It was well made, and it has an excellent. It was so heartwarming, I actually cried. I have never cried during a movie before. This movie is child friendly, aside from the part when Jim dies or when Joyce tries to seduce Edward ( she fails at that, fortunately). I love the creepy as well as romantic and sweet aspects of it. Go watch this movie, and remember to pack the tissues, and popcorn!
September 17, 2017
Too silly to really enjoy and an ending I disliked.
½ September 9, 2017
A unique, quirky fairytale from director Tim Burton, Edward Scissorhamds offers great performances around the board, including Johnny Depps turn in his most sympathetic role to star, and a truly original story and quite heartbreaking script that makes this movie an absolute classic and Burton's best work to date.
July 27, 2017
Beautiful but tragic.
½ July 15, 2017
I don't remember this movie but it was pretty good
½ July 4, 2017
I'm a huge fan of Burton's films and I remember loving "Edward Scissorhands" as a lonely teenager. But watching it as an adult is definitely a different experience. Burton has always been a champion of outcasts and you can clearly feel his deep affection towards Edward. I love the way he created a gothic fairy tale in the modern suburban setting, with vibrant colors and wacky characters filling up the screen. That is a marriage that shouldn't work at all, but Burton, working his great sense of imagination, manages to make it work. And Johnny Depp is terrific as Edward. His performance is what makes this character so charming and believable. I gotta say, after rewatching, this is not one of my favorite Burton films. I didn't buy the romantic connection between Edward and Kim, and in the last 15 minutes it turns into a completely different film. The tonal shift is so jarring and the execution almost ruins all the sweet and heartfelt moments that happened beforehand. I still like this film and find it enchanting, but it didn't win me over like it did when I was younger. There is a lot to like about "Edward Scissorhands", but with a different ending, I think it would've been a lot better.
June 27, 2017
A
Brings so much heart to the table. Tremendous film making.
June 23, 2017
Edward Scissorhands is really one of the best movies ever made! Johnny Depp did an amazing job playing his role. For everyone who says Edward Scissorhands is a horrible movie, Edward Scissorhands is actually the 66th best movie out of the 500 best movies ever made.
½ June 8, 2017
First off, the overall storyline is just flat out stupid af. The mom is an idiot. However, once you get past the first 2 things, it's kind of funny and kind of okay. The end fight scene is way too long and cliché, but I guess it makes sense because it was from 1990. Also, I didn't really like how the entire movie was just someone telling a story.
May 26, 2017
A perfect fable. I don't see a misstep anywhere, and the highs are deliriously high.