Edward Scissorhands - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Edward Scissorhands Reviews

September 17, 2017
Too silly to really enjoy and an ending I disliked.
½ September 9, 2017
A unique, quirky fairytale from director Tim Burton, Edward Scissorhamds offers great performances around the board, including Johnny Depps turn in his most sympathetic role to star, and a truly original story and quite heartbreaking script that makes this movie an absolute classic and Burton's best work to date.
July 27, 2017
Beautiful but tragic.
½ July 15, 2017
I don't remember this movie but it was pretty good
½ July 4, 2017
I'm a huge fan of Burton's films and I remember loving "Edward Scissorhands" as a lonely teenager. But watching it as an adult is definitely a different experience. Burton has always been a champion of outcasts and you can clearly feel his deep affection towards Edward. I love the way he created a gothic fairy tale in the modern suburban setting, with vibrant colors and wacky characters filling up the screen. That is a marriage that shouldn't work at all, but Burton, working his great sense of imagination, manages to make it work. And Johnny Depp is terrific as Edward. His performance is what makes this character so charming and believable. I gotta say, after rewatching, this is not one of my favorite Burton films. I didn't buy the romantic connection between Edward and Kim, and in the last 15 minutes it turns into a completely different film. The tonal shift is so jarring and the execution almost ruins all the sweet and heartfelt moments that happened beforehand. I still like this film and find it enchanting, but it didn't win me over like it did when I was younger. There is a lot to like about "Edward Scissorhands", but with a different ending, I think it would've been a lot better.
June 27, 2017
A
Brings so much heart to the table. Tremendous film making.
June 23, 2017
Edward Scissorhands is really one of the best movies ever made! Johnny Depp did an amazing job playing his role. For everyone who says Edward Scissorhands is a horrible movie, Edward Scissorhands is actually the 66th best movie out of the 500 best movies ever made.
½ June 8, 2017
First off, the overall storyline is just flat out stupid af. The mom is an idiot. However, once you get past the first 2 things, it's kind of funny and kind of okay. The end fight scene is way too long and cliché, but I guess it makes sense because it was from 1990. Also, I didn't really like how the entire movie was just someone telling a story.
May 26, 2017
A perfect fable. I don't see a misstep anywhere, and the highs are deliriously high.
April 26, 2017
This movie is good, but after seeing it a bunch of times I am bored by it
March 22, 2017
Very interesting and new concept, good acting.
½ March 21, 2017
A true work of genius by Tim Burton!
March 20, 2017
An artistic & imaginative depiction of society & it's prejudices
March 17, 2017
Very sweet and original. A good story and good acting. Not too bad for kids even though it's PG-13. It's a good movie and touching.
February 28, 2017
Very charming and delightful tale with easily recognizable Tim Burton themes and production design. Johnny Depp gives one of his eccentric performances as Edward who falls in love with beautiful Winona Ryder. Note the legendary Vincent Price as Edward's creator.
February 23, 2017
Expect for the scissors gimmick and the topiaries , it's pretty much a continuous cliche.
½ February 12, 2017
Out of the films by Tim Burton that I have viewed, Edward Scissorhands is much more heartfelt and emotional than some of his others. I don't believe it's his best work, but when you give the guy the right material, he can do some great stuff. And, don't get me wrong, I love some of his other movies that aren't as deep. I just think that when Burton breaks away from his signature style of freak-show weirdness, it makes for an extremely more compelling experience than some of his more formulaic movies.
½ February 8, 2017
Tim Burton's sentimental masterpiece is a film you will never forget. (First viewing - Childhood)
½ February 8, 2017
even know about most this movie is considered a classic I found it cool.
January 23, 2017
Love this movie. The acting, the story, the characters, all of it was a work of art.