Edward Scissorhands - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Edward Scissorhands Reviews

November 21, 2016
Obviously I love this movie.
½ November 15, 2016
I've been watching to watch this movie for a long time, and I'm glad I finally did.
The story is sweet and sad. And the irony in the movie is beautiful. Edward looks evil but has a sweet and pure heart. The town and townspeople look sweet and innocent, but are evil.
There were some parts of the movie that I had to trudge through, but overall it was an enjoyable movie.
½ November 12, 2016
another timeless classic by Tim Burton and an infectious turn by Johnny Depp
the film is full of wondrous music, bright, vivid colors and a sweet, gothic tone
unlike 'Batman' or 'Beetlejuice' Tim Burton treats this main character as an innocent pilgrim coming into a world he never knew about beyond his own backyard, he looks scary but has a big heart
the greatest thing about him are his unusually razor-sharp hands yet they're also his biggest obstacle when it comes to blending in with the rest of the neighbors
of course at one point someone says if he didn't have this unique quality about him he wouldn't be special anymore which is a great thing to embrace
Winona Ryder as his love interest, Kim begins to see the kind innocence he holds deep inside
it's everyone else that has a hard time accepting someone new like Edward from the nosy neighbors to Kim's jerk boyfriend
I love Depp and Ryder so much
the movie actually grew on me as it further developed because it felt like a modern Frankenstein tale, if the wrong buttons are pushed then the potential happiness can easily crumble
a great flick that remains a piece of movie magic
November 11, 2016
161111: I've wanted to watch this film for years but never found the time. Well, now I can say have. Bill (Alan Arkin) was my highlight. Strange film. Strange story. Ryder was weak, especially as an elderly person. So, now it's off the watch list and into the garage sale pile. Can't see myself ever taking the time again.
November 10, 2016
Sweet. Clever. Beautiful. Funny. Sexy. Sad. And I just love the way the Boggs family treats Edwards special "personalty": no big deal. We love you.
October 29, 2016
Best family movie ever loved it lots of nostalgia!!
½ October 28, 2016
A parody on the american stereotypes, absorbing a phenomenon. Reaching each pole in short time, absorbing interest, love, hate, and abandonment.. Family fantasy pushing the cliche buttons.
October 27, 2016
its still one of the best movies ever
October 26, 2016
One of Johnny Depp's best movies! Such a classic!
October 24, 2016
Edward Scissorhands is a sweet, beautiful modern fairy tale with fabulous gothic set pieces and a touching story that introduced the Burton/Depp duo.
½ October 7, 2016
An absolutely stunning movie with a great soundtrack.
October 3, 2016
Honestly one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. For me personally, Edward was an extremely relatable character, he just wants to fit in and people won't accept him for who he is. This movie was incredible and I will praise it until my last breath.
September 29, 2016
The sad tale of Edward Scissorhands is one of the best movies of all time. At its heart, it almost retells the story of Frankenstein (at least I think so) and provides an creepy and beautiful experience.
½ September 24, 2016
brilliant excellent movie for the family I would recommend watching this!
½ September 2, 2016
Edward Scissorhands is Tim Burton's first collaboration with Johnny Depp. The storyline is similar to Frankenstein with a good supporting cast. It was a fun awkward script with funky colored houses and weird shaped hair cuts much like Stepford Wives. I would definitely recommend this movie.
½ August 27, 2016
I remember crying during this movie...
August 26, 2016
All round perfection. Burton and Elfman really know how to set the mood.
August 7, 2016
Here is the purest and most eloquent expression of Tim Burton's reoccurring 'outsider' theme to date. I could do without the reflective framing device (mainly due to the frankly unsettling old version of Kim, both in terms of acting and make up), but the film succeeds hugely as a tender modern fairytale. Danny Elfman's heartbreaking score also deserves a special mention.
August 5, 2016
A fantastic movie going experience!
July 18, 2016
Tim Burton at the height of his strange, beautiful, emotional, endlessly visual glory.