Elena Undone Reviews

• Dec 22, 2017

Such an beautiful and passionate movie, easy to watch and easy to understand. Thanks to all the cast!

• Feb 01, 2016

Elena Undone [Conn, 2010] Very preachy, it's like an educational video w/ characters too stupid to perceive the odds of forbidden love. 2/10

• Aug 31, 2015

Elena Undone is about a woman married to a pastor and is in a loveless marriage and through a chance meeting meets another woman. They start having a relationship through photography which leads to more... This movie will challenge your beliefs if you only see things as black and white or male and female. The question raised in this movie is would you stay in a loveless marriage or find your true love that maybe seen as an alternative lifestyle in many peoples eyes. I say who are we to judge its not as if the hetrosexual community has all the answers seeing the divorce rate and all that. Love is love regardless of gender. This is not a movie for the kiddies or for those people with a rigid outlook on the subject discussed in the movie. The only thing weird about this movie was the cut scenes to this guru type character that would give relationship and love advice. The way the filmmaker connected these scenes seemed to be disjointed and caused me to loose focus and track of the story otherwise the movie would be fine. Maybe it should have just been a voice over. I liked the movie its something different.

• May 24, 2015

Standard lesbian/straight woman affair... affair. Watchable but nothing too set the world on fire.

• May 22, 2015

Dumb ending when Necar gets knocked up by her guru/therapist.

Dumb ending when Necar gets knocked up by her guru/therapist.

• Aug 13, 2014

want to watch the movie now

want to watch the movie now

• Jul 09, 2013

Elena Undone (Nicole Conn, 2010) Elena Undone is known, mostly, for one thing-the kiss. The three minute and twenty-four-second kiss [http://www.afterellen.com/blog/karmankregloe/elena-undone-breaks-the-record-for-longest-movie-kiss] that broke the longest-onscreen-kiss record (three minutes and six seconds, You're in the Army Now, 1941). And let me rush to add before saying anything else that yeah, it is absolutely worth all the buzz. My oh my. But there's something I think it should be known for even more, and I was going to make it the subject of the opening paragraph (obviously), but then I realized it's kind of a spoiler, so I'll stick the plot synopsis on top of it and then, for those of you reading this in a place where it will have graphics, put up that big-ass "spoiler alert!" stop sign and you can figure out whether you want to continue reading. For the no-spoiler or short-attention-span crowds: I am recommending this, but with some reservations. Plot: Elena (Necar Zadegan, recently of Meth Head) is the wife of a pastor who's not quite sure what he believes-at the beginning of the film he seems to be a kind of laid-back guy, actually, but as one character wryly observes about halfway through the movie, psychotically-orthodox-religious Millie (Gone's Erin Carufel) is the church's biggest contributor, and so if Pastor Barry (Deadland's Gary Weeks) wants his church to stay afloat, he's got to adopt the same fire-and-brinstone attitude. Their marriage seems to be a solid one, though they have the usual problems with a teenaged son, Nash (Connor Kramme, who seems to have hung up the acting gig to go behind the camera). And honestly, you can't call these folks a traditional family; Nash's girlfriend Tori (Beautiful Dreamer's Sabrina Fuster) lives with them; there are a couple of hints as to why this is, but it is never explicitly stated that I can remember. In any case, Elena and Barry have a friend from college named Tyler (Broadway actor Sam Harris, who won the very first season of Star Search back in the eighties), who dabbles in a little of everything to make money; one of the movie's conceits is that it cuts regularly to footage from a relationship video Tyler is editing (this starts off being kind of annoying, but by the end of the movie I was loving it). He also does psychic readings, and it is at one of Tyler's psychic-reading parties that Elena runs into Peyton (The Notebook's Traci Dinwiddie), an acquaintance Elena knows through the adoption agency where both of them have been feeling out the idea of adopting children-Elena because she and Barry may be having fertility problems, Peyton because she's a lesbian and isn't interested in going the "traditional" way when it comes to having a kid (she mentions early in the film she was previously married, and the expression on her face at the time should tell you all you need to know there). The two of them strike up a business relationship, but Elena quickly realizes that she has feelings geared toward turning it into something more... Okay, while the longest-onscreen-kiss thing is already kind of a spoiler, I'll stick up the spoiler alter stop sign here in case you don't want to know any more. Quit reading! But like I said, I think the movie deserves equally to be known for the orgasm. Why? Because I can't believe that Conn is unaware of Kirby Dick's fantastic documentary This Film Is Not Yet Rated, one sequence of which contains fairly damning evidence that one of the things the MPAA absolutely refuses to tolerate in a R-rated movie is the face of a woman having an orgasm. (It is the clips in that segment of the documentary that got the film rated NC-17, lending additional credence to this position.) And, well, let's say Traci Dinwiddie is either really good at faking, or that was really an orgasm. Needless to say, the movie was released unrated (it was never submitted for rating in the first place), and I can't help but see that scene as a poke in the eye to the MPAA. A much-deserved one, I might add. (The one country IMDB reports the film as being rated in is The Netherlands, and there it is considered suitable for those 12 years of age or older. That is extremely telling about the idiocy of American morality.) So okay, enough about sex. What about the rest of the movie? (Though honestly, the sex is probably enough for me to say "you should see this movie, it'll turn you on.") The actual plot of the film is kind of worn-a woman considers having an affair looking for something, and ends up finding herself-but it never actually feels that way, which is a big plus. On the other hand, some of the casting choices were questionable. There's a scene with Connor Kramme that's supposed to be intensely emotional that's, well, kind of unintentionally hilarious, and I really never bought Barry's transition from the confused-but-laid-back guy in the opening scenes to the fire-and-brimstone preacher; a bit more attention to that progression during the scriptwriting would have had a huge impact here, I think, and made Elena's ultimate decisions pack even more of a wallop than they did. (I will add that Sabrina Fuster's performance, which is sarcastic and knowing and all kinds of fun, does a lot to balance out these weak points-this is a woman with a very bright future in indie film, as long as Hollywood doesn't get hold of her.) So yeah, good points and bad points-but ultimately I think there's enough good here to recommend it, even without the kiss or the orgasm. ***

• Nov 28, 2012

"All is as it should be... Soulemetry."

"All is as it should be... Soulemetry."

• Aug 31, 2012

<center><i><b>Tori</b>: [after reading Peyton's letters] Wow. Can anyone say 'outed in Maui'? </center></i>

• Jun 25, 2012