The Elizabeth Smart Story Reviews

• May 28, 2016

Haha I can't explain why i ended watching this movie, I really like to watch kidnapping stories. Even tho' this is like a low budget tv movie, in some way it isn't that bad at all, little hard to believe it is based on real events, cause some elements about the story are really stupid, makes you wonder that if really can society could be like that,; but it makes you hate some characters so that's something positive cause it gets you caught in some way I could say.

• Mar 07, 2014

Informative look at the case that rocked the media. As far as TV movies go.. not too bad. It feels a bit soapy, but given the subject its forgivable.

• Jan 26, 2014

Have this on a couple of Echo Bridge compilation DVDs. Fox News doesn't come off very good in this.

• Jan 13, 2013

Dylan Baker was pretty horribly miscast, but overall this is a good, engaging film that, to the best of my memory, stays pretty close to actual events. With some better casting it would have been a better movie, but for the most part I was impressed. It's a made for TV movie, and that definitely shows, but as long as you can keep that in mind, this is worth watching.

• Erin C Super Reviewer
    Jun 15, 2012

Dylan Baker was annoying. However, the guy who played the abductor was very good and creepy in his role. Overall, it was ok - could have been better.

• Jan 20, 2011

I remember when this story happened back in 2003. A well made "true story"; pretty disturbing and effective.

• Apr 06, 2010

This honestly scared me when I watched it on TV several years ago. I'm not too sure about this but I think it depicted the story very well (not too sure how the story actually went), but this was extremely believable. Watch it.

• Ida K Super Reviewer
    Mar 07, 2010

I used to subscribe to People magazine and they featured articles about Elizabeth Smart quite frequently. This movie seemed like a fairly realistic portrayal of the incident.

• Jan 25, 2010

The Elizabeth Smart Story is a made-for-tv-movie based on the true story of the kidnapping of a 14-year old girl in Utah. I found the acting believable especially Dylan Baker who played Elizabeth's father. I am sure that this movie down-played some of the trauma Elizabeth (who was convincingly played by Amber Marchall) had to endure but never the less, it was still a good movie.

• Jul 31, 2009

....excellent for a TV movie. I thought the acting was so great, and I particularly thought the actress who played Elizabeth and the dad did a good job. A very sad movie, but good nontheless. :)