Equals Reviews

• Apr 02, 2021

Hopelessly flawed generic, bland attempted Sci-Fi film. I wanted to like this film but was defeated by the interminable and baffling "plot", wooden acting by Kristen Stewart (As usual) and Nicholas Hoult, combined with possibly the worst audio track ever, make this almost unwatchable. The whole point of a film based on the everyday lack of emotion is that at some point the characters have to show emotion. Really, really bad film. Don't bother.

• Jan 26, 2021

An extremly subdued Movie but Love is a stronger force then just knowledge. I give this movie a *4* star rating.

• Jan 16, 2021

Slow, uneventful, boring, bland-sex scenes and terrible ending.

Slow, uneventful, boring, bland-sex scenes and terrible ending.

• Jan 10, 2021

No one in the production office seemed to twig a film about a world with no emotion, no excitement, no individualism, no individualism, no interlect, no passion, would mean they made a film with, well the above. The good news is that throughout this film the above traits slowly (very) begin to come to the fore, so equals 2 should be a better picture. Unfortunately due to the original being a monotony with a bit of art on it means equals 2 probably won't get made. It has a bit of fashion or visual style, but it does seem like they have made a metaphor of the making of a film. You start of with nothing( and I mean nothing!) and slowly you bring something together. Lights, camera, action, roll credits.

• Dec 28, 2020

Trama già vista e non particolarmente riuscita; l'assenza di emozioni nei primi minuti è una lama a doppio taglio che in questo caso impedisce di creare la giusta empatia con i personaggi. E cosi, anche quando le emozioni arrivano, l'atmosfera rimane grigia e pesante; senza mai un guizzo di gioia. Anche la trama inoltre ha parecchi buchi di spiegazione e di comportamento.

• Dec 27, 2020

It has a lovely dreamy quality throughout the film and the romance works well. Given the absurdity of the plot i think i actually rather enjoyed it

• Aug 27, 2020

So at first I thought it was interesting. But I honestly could not hear what the main characters were saying a lot of the times when they had to whisper. I had the volume turned up as well. Still couldn’t hear! 😒

• Aug 18, 2020

You critics need to get laid. It's a good movie , it up brings beautiful feelings & honestly makes you think more about how lucky we are to feel these certain things.

• Jul 31, 2020

Decent watch, probably won't watch again, and can't recommend. Don't get me wrong, I like the movie, but it is HIGH concept, low execution, despite being a beautifully produced and shot flick. Nicholas Hoult and Kristen Stewart carry the movie, and for those haters Stewart is playing a girl that is not supposed to show emotions so there, but there are some solid actors in support roles as well: Guy Pearce (Memento), Bel Powley (Carrie Pilby), and David Selby (who I thought was Alan Alda from MASH: This was like a Mandela effect: I had his voice in my head.) There just isn't a lot that is actively interesting to watch a movie where everyone is a robot without emotion, but it is a cool concept, especially when it becomes a survival concept. People who can't manage their emotions as if they don't have them get sent to a place where they're basically electro-shocked into committing suicide if they hadn't beforehand. The tension of it definitely ramps up a bit, but the focus eventually becomes more on the romantic connection than survival, even during a part primarily focused on surviving. The last couple of scenes are really subtle too, I actually had to re-watch them to just to make sure I knew how it ended. So while I like it and there is definitely something to like here, I think less people than more are going to be into it.

• Jul 25, 2020

May have worked as a book but gutting the emotion from your characters as a plot point makes things boring.