Escape Plan: The Extractors Reviews

• Jan 10, 2020

So much fun! We all need a little toxic masculinity!

So much fun! We all need a little toxic masculinity!

• Dec 08, 2019

rotten to the root, do not waste your time

rotten to the root, do not waste your time

• Nov 05, 2019

most problematic: it does not stay with the great premise of its predecessors. it is not an elegant breakout movie but rather rough revenge shit. in this sense, it is more rambo 6 than ep 3.

• Oct 28, 2019

Might be conversational, but I did enjoy this film. There I said it. It's 100% better than EP2, and I mean it. Stallone is back being the main focus, Bautista has more to do in this film, he gets some cool fight scenes. I quite liked the action in this film. Yes this is a straight to dvd action movie, and the level for them is average to god awful, this will be right at the top of average. It's a decent enough movie to watch one night when your bored, and you might like it.... and you don't have to worry about watching EP2 as this is more of a sequel to the first film, so can miss EP 2 out completely. So I would say watch it if your bored... its a pretty decent straight to dvd action film.

• BCR
    Oct 24, 2019

Its Rambo with a different movie title. cheesy as always but enough action to keep you occupied.

Dann M Super Reviewer
    Oct 20, 2019

Sylvester Stallone takes back the lead role for the third (and likely last) Escape Plan, The Extractors. This time Ray Breslin must break into a black site prison in Latvia know as Devil's Station in order to save the daughter of a Chinese media mogul who's been kidnapped by the son of Beslin's former partner. Devon Sawa makes for a great villain, and the whole son avenging the father thing helps to connect the film to the first one and feel like a true sequel (unlike the last one). Still, the plot is pretty weak and it's clearly pandering to the Chinese audience. Yet the fight choreography is especially good, perhaps the best of this series, and add a lots of energy and excitement to the film. Escape Plan: The Extractors is a step up for the series, but is nowhere near as good as the original.

• Oct 16, 2019

These China funded movies just aren't that good. The first Escape Plan was the best. Watching the second and third in this "series" dilutes the memory of the first and only good one.

• Oct 07, 2019

If you have nothing to do. It will do.

If you have nothing to do. It will do.

• Sep 08, 2019

Big step up from escape plan 2, still doesn't quite match the first one but a worthy sequel if you are looking for some fun action

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Aug 25, 2019

At first I thought this was going to be one of those Chinese co-productions where everyone who's Chinese has superpowers, but then I realised that it was actually every man in the movie who has super powers. So, like, equality I guess, so long as you're a man. On that subject, is it just me or does it kind of suck that Jaime King's character gets taken down in the first act because of the romantic relationship she has with a man old enough to be her grandfather? Either way, what's The Extractors got going on? Well, interestingly enough, the fights in this are actually better than the previous Escape Plan movie, despite that movie being entirely about fighting. I weirdly also kind of bought Devon Sawa (who I guess finally doesn't look like he's 17 anymore) as the villain of the piece. But it does feel distinctly as if it's two movies that got jammed together. Or maybe just one actual movie that had another plot jammed into it to accommodate the mandatory Chinese business concern storyline. Not sure that either one of these is the case, but it wouldn't surprise me if one was. Regardless, it's certainly how it feels. The Extractors has a lot of the problems of its predecessor, but it is ultimately a better movie, if not a very good one. It's a shame, the Escape Plan franchise started out... Well not "strong" exactly, but, promising I guess? And has really not lived up to what Schwarzenegger and Stallone could have done with this thing.