E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Reviews

½ August 9, 2017
Excellent movie. A sci-fi classic.
Rating: 9.1/10.
August 6, 2017
Love Steven Spielberg. But too many little kids screaming throughout the movie.
July 20, 2017
Great!
I love this movie and enjoy a lot of it
July 16, 2017
Where do I start with this movie? First off, I absolutely ADORE Steven Spielberg as a filmmaker. Seriously, he's done some of the most well-known motion pictures ever known to man, including the "Indiana Jones" franchise, "Jaws", "Schneider's List" and "Jurassic Park".

Probably my most favorite movie from that director has got to be "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial". It's the story of a lonely boy who befriends a lost creature. Now, I remember the first time I saw this movie. I was eight years old at the time and when I was watching it, I was amazed at what was happening. That was the movie that influenced my passion to be a filmmaker. I have made movies before but these films were made in high school and my first directorial effort was "The Locker", my eighth and final short film for high school. Now I'm coming up with more short films and a full-length feature film.

The story is absolutely fantastic. The characters are well-developed, the writing is creative and the special effects, I think these were some of the greatest visual effects I've seen since "King Kong".

The one thing I have to talk about is one scene and that scene alone: the iconic bicycle scene. That scene is one of the most influential sequences in movie history and that's saying something.

Overall, "E.T." is arguably the most beloved classics ever and is my favorite films of all time. If you haven't seen it, I ask you: Please go check it out!
July 15, 2017
A good family film. The ending is sort of bittersweet and I still haven't been able to get through it without crying. A great score by John Williams adds to the sense of wonder inspired by this film.
July 1, 2017
Comedy , Beautiful cinematography , emotional touch.. this is epic
June 26, 2017
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial is a timeless film with truly memorable moments. Additionally, it fortifies the filmography of Spielberg and strengthens the pillars of science-fiction and fantasy.
June 26, 2017
June 21, 2017
Overrated.Why on earth is Elliot interested in girls at his age?
June 19, 2017
A classic, timeless tale of friendship between a 10-year-old boy and an extra-terrestrial that warms your heart and remains one of the most well-known science fiction films of all time.
June 13, 2017
Everybody loves E.T. So an alien is left behind on Earth, and is seeking shelter. A young boy named Elliott (Henry Thomas) decides to help by keeping him under wraps and looking after his safety, as many of the adults just wouldn't understand. Now this is a classic that I really didn't grow up with. Almost all of my peers around the same age bracket harbor an adoration for E.T., but I didn't actually experience it for my first time until just a few years back. I thought it was decent when I finally watched it, but didn't really see what the big fuss was about. As the years have passed, I've grown fonder of this little alien who dresses in human clothing. Now I will be the first to admit, the reason why my goodwill for E.T. has developed has a lot to do with the charming attraction at Universal Studios. The ride itself smells like a childhood basement in the best way possible, and if nostalgia had a smell, I feel like it would smell like the maze that you walk through to board the ride. The one thing that you have to understand about E.T. is that it is a kid's movie. It's not much more than a simple boy and his dog story, and it is geared toward pre-teenagers... although nowadays I don't know if they would have the attention span for E.T., with the desensitization of fast paced video games and cartoons. Regardless, Steven Spielberg flat out knows how to craft a film, and he goes that extra mile where a normal director would probably cut a corner. While E.T. has grown on me throughout the years, I don't think it is a perfect film. For one thing, I do feel that it runs a touch on the long side, and while there is never a point where it grinds to a halt, there is a stretch where it slows down considerably between the second act and the bicycle finale. This is a movie that has inspired many other projects, some with great reception (Stranger Things) to others that think that the whole point was product placement (Mac and Me). Will E.T. forever stand the test of time? That remains to be seen, but it is still a staple of many a childhood, and for that, it deserves credit.
June 4, 2017
***
Despite dragging at times and feeling a little dated, 'E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial' has its heart in the right place. Great performances and assured direction from Spielberg help elevate the movie from its familiar premise.
May 28, 2017
A classic story of both childhood and science fiction adventure. Still holds up well even after 35 years. Rating: 8/10
May 21, 2017
Perfect. From story to direction to performances to music to the emotion it inspires you to feel, every time you watch it. Everything is perfect.
½ May 4, 2017
even if this movie is old, it still was enjoyable for my family and cousins.
May 3, 2017
Wow what a great movie I liked it a lot! You can't go wrong with this movie
May 1, 2017
A simple tale, well scripted and filmed. Vintage Spielberg.
April 20, 2017
THIS IS A SUPER FANTASTIC FAMILY FILM. I always enjoy this movie. Definitely one of my top 10 sci-fi movies. 10 out of 10 stars.
April 13, 2017
Pure childhood. Love it
April 3, 2017
I absolutely hated this moving. I found it way to emotionally manipulative.