E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Reviews

February 10, 2019
A prime example of how to make a masterpiece.
February 5, 2019
Still my favorite Spielberg film and still angry it didn't win Best Picture (the award should be given for the art, not the subject matter of the film - I am sick of films winning simply because they are about something important. Ghandi was a very well done movie but E.T. will be a classic forever). Rant over. I love the heart and wonder of this movie - and the incredible creativity of all those responsible for creating it. The amazingly adorable Drew Barrymore is a scene stealer and a hell of a little actress at such a young age. I think E.T. and The Wizard of Oz are in a league of their own as al-time fairytale classics.
January 8, 2019
A fun kids summer movie. ET can lift all those kids on their bikes and fly them around but can't save himself.,.?
December 21, 2018
E.T Has Got To Be One Of The Best Films All Time
½ December 8, 2018
It has beautiful scenes, a funny creature and good secondary characters. In addition to how sad the ending was.
½ November 9, 2018
This film was solid.
October 29, 2018
Liked it as a kid but it doesn't really hold up as an adult.
½ October 22, 2018
The Extra-Terrestrial is one of the biggest money makers in box-office history. It is quite possibly the best known of all Steven Spielberg's films. Even at the relatively young cinematic age of two decades, it is beloved by multiple generations of film-goers. Yet it is arguably the most overrated motion picture to arrive in theaters during the 1980s. Obviously, this isn't a popular thing to say, and it's not meant to denigrate E.T. as being badly or clumsily made. In fact, viewed as a fable or an allegory (it's actually based on The Day the Earth Stood Still, which is a thinly-veiled re-telling of the Christ story), E.T. is successful. But there are times, especially during the final third, when it is hugely overwrought. Spielberg has always shown a penchant for overt manipulation, but nowhere is this more obvious than in E.T., where he pulls out all the stops in an effort to bleed tears from the eyes of every audience member. It doesn't take a cynical nature to recognize what the director is doing. Regardless, this is a classic. (In hindsight slightly overemotional but still great).
October 20, 2018
Steven Spielberg's Crea este magnifico y clásico film que conecta la amistad entre un extraterrestre y un joven , la increíble fantasía que este cineasta logra plasmar en este film que cautivar a su audiencia de manera increíble, un real clásico de ciencia ficción .
October 16, 2018
its..a feel good story...time jumper to the old....but a story that holds up over years.
October 14, 2018
One of the most legendary films of all time!
October 13, 2018
This is my favorite movie of all time. I HIGHLY recommend it. When I first watched it at age like.. 6... I did not speak a single word for the entire film... completely mesmerized. I've realized as an adult, I have a very soft spot for alien movies and this was the start. It's cinematically stunning.. the music is classic... and the actual story is perfection. This movie is truly a masterpiece. Bravo, Steven Spielberg. MAJOR PROPS
October 10, 2018
Spielberg's meaning of true friendship
October 7, 2018
An almost flawless portrayal of childhood, as well as an exciting children's movie.
September 30, 2018
Steven Spielberg's great as always. No matter how much I get old, I will always love this movie and keep watching it.
½ September 19, 2018
One of the best Steven Spielberg films and one of the greatest masterpieces ever; With a great soundtrack, good actors, good scenes and special effects. One of the best classics of science fiction. Highly recommend.
September 6, 2018
A classic for the family.
½ September 3, 2018
Playing with invisible friend and looking after a pet combined. But from space.
½ September 2, 2018
Hihi... Ma première grosse trouille devant un vrai film (Il est moche même s'il est gentil).
September 1, 2018
A touching family film that is worth rewatching many times. The idea of family and friendship is really strong and throughout the movie the child actors were able to show the progression in friendship and how ET slowly got closer to the children. The ending was extremely touching and wrapped up this beautiful craft perfectly. The plot, conflict and characters were very well-made and Spielberg, the writers and the actors all deserve the praise that this film is getting.