E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Reviews

October 20, 2016
Another awesome Spielberg film.
October 16, 2016
I love this film, one of my faves.
October 4, 2016
The movie is good but the game sucks my
September 23, 2016
I didn't get it in 1982 and it's not any better now.
½ September 23, 2016
A genuine sci-fi masterpiece that is detailed, exciting, strongly directed, and uniquely heartfelt.
September 19, 2016
I was never a fan of this movie, especially because I think E.T. kind of creeped me out when I was young. Watching it now I do wonder why they went with such an ugly design for the alien species, because it seems like Elliott's desire to treat him as a pet would make sense if he looked cute. I don't really understand the logic of these kids throughout the movie, because there seems to be no reason to not tell their Mom about E.T., especially since Elliott freely told her about "the goblin" before. It's as if they keep him secret just so there's something to do through the rest of the movie. The seeming antagonist is some unexplained government agency that just wants to help too, so in the end the only conflict is that E.T. is dying because...um...just because. The interaction of the kids is realistic, and not in an annoying fashion like in The Goonies. I also like that the mom had her own issues going on but seemed to really care about her kids without being overbearing. The weird bond/link that Elliott has with E.T. is a cool concept even if it's not explained and comes out of nowhere. It's a movie with several magical moments, and I can see why it connected with a generation of kids, but when you peel away the magic you realize that there isn't much of a plot. Frankly, E.T. doesn't do much that is special or unique, and I don't think I'll need to watch it ever again.
September 18, 2016
This movie gives you a completely different direction of what an alien encounter could be like. I love this film because it's more of a buddy movie than a sci-fi movie. All of the characters are equally likable in their own way. One of the happiest but saddest endings.
September 12, 2016
Um dos melhores filmes de todos o tempos. Uma obra prima de Spielberg.
September 10, 2016
Sometimes I just get an urge to watch this again. This is by far one of Spielberg's best films and the John Williams score is amazing. It looks great on Blu-Ray! It is WORTH the upgrade from DVD.
August 30, 2016
5/5. A movie I loved when I was a kid and I love even more now. A true masterpiece.
August 23, 2016
One of my favourite childhood films.
August 20, 2016
If aliens ever come back to earth, we need to kill them as soon as possible. Then, we can sell their cell stems to the tyrant Obama for his Planned Parenthood experiments. With the advanced alien DNA, Planed Parenthood would be able to clone more babies to throw in their dumpsters. The dumpsters would fill up faster and they would have to schedule an extra pickup every week, which means more jobs and maybe some overtime for Tommy The Trash Man. Come back, ET. We want to kill you so that we can kill babies and create jobs. Elliott's going to turn 14 soon, he'll need to get a job. I'm sure they'll be hiring at the cell-stemming plant by then. Who are you voting for? I'm writing in Joe Lieberman, I miss that frumpy jelly-spined loser.
August 19, 2016
One of the biggest films from the 80's and a very iconic one. I've seen parts of it before and naturally I knew the story before seeing it.

It's well build up and also quite special on that matter I think. The momentum comes quite early and it takes turns and twists. Some mysterious happenings, nearly unexplained appear and they bring huge inpact on the story. That's a-typical for blockbusters like this.
I was never super interested and while the effects are swell, the acting is solid, the characters are likeable and the moral is nice - I never dug it as much as I thought I would.
I should have seen it 20 years ago to really feel it I believe, or when it came out naturally.
Big film, but I was left disappointed.

6 out of 10 closets.
August 16, 2016
One of the greatest movies of all time. It is arguably Spielberg's best movie.
August 16, 2016
Wow! For a film made in 1982 that I only finally got to see 33 years later I have no words to describe a film that is just so timeless, moving and decades ahead of its time! Spielberg is incredible!
August 15, 2016
What Steven Spielberg was able to do with E.T. is just beyond out of this world.
½ August 14, 2016
"E.T" is filled with a magical adventure between friends and the relationships that children can form, even if it is with an extra-terrestrial. With a strong storyline about an alien who must find his way back home after his spaceship accidentally leaves him stranded, E.T. forms a bond with a local boy who is eager to help him return.

With the normally strong direction by Steven Spielberg and the imaginative score by John Williams, "E.T." is equal parts a delightful sic-fi tale and nostalgic take on childhood.
½ August 11, 2016
I'm sorry, I just didn't get the fuss then and I hate the fuss about it now.
August 11, 2016
This is the movie which my dad made sure I watched . I am so glad he made us watch.The friendship between the child and the alien is so innocent and perfect.
everybody should watch this movie, it is an all time classic.
August 9, 2016
E.T. The Extra Terrestrial is an instant classic movie. This movie is one of Steven Spielberg's best masterpieces yet. This movie is funny and heartwarming. This movie is for the whole family. I would very much suggest this movie.