E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Reviews

November 26, 2016
Rating: 9.1 out of 10.
November 23, 2016
Gotta love it. I wonder if new generations are being properly introduced to this super cool classic.
November 22, 2016
72%?? what the hell is wrong with you people!? Let me just say this...

one of the greatest movies of all time!

shove your 72%!
November 21, 2016
Star 1969 Julie andrews full movie
November 20, 2016
this is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I'm seven and this is a wonderful movie and kind of sad at the end. from Olivia.
November 13, 2016
One of the greatest movies ever made.
No one has ever made a valid critcism of this movie.
I donīt know what the 28 percent of the audience that doesnīt like this movie must be thinking. its as simple as this:
you donīt love e.t, you donīt love movies. E.t is the definition of movie magic.
October 28, 2016
A story of friendship that can never be replicated; E.T. is a milestone in storytelling, directing, and emotionally impacting movies. Spielberg proves his mastery of the craft with this extremely fun and touching story of an unlikely friendship that deserves all the praise it gets. I recommend this to anyone.
October 23, 2016
Another awesome Spielberg film.
October 22, 2016
However technically proficient the filmmaking may be the sentimentality is cloying not enduring, and you know I'm right.
October 16, 2016
I love this film, one of my faves.
October 4, 2016
The movie is good but the game sucks my
Balls
September 23, 2016
I didn't get it in 1982 and it's not any better now.
½ September 23, 2016
A genuine sci-fi masterpiece that is detailed, exciting, strongly directed, and uniquely heartfelt.
September 19, 2016
I was never a fan of this movie, especially because I think E.T. kind of creeped me out when I was young. Watching it now I do wonder why they went with such an ugly design for the alien species, because it seems like Elliott's desire to treat him as a pet would make sense if he looked cute. I don't really understand the logic of these kids throughout the movie, because there seems to be no reason to not tell their Mom about E.T., especially since Elliott freely told her about "the goblin" before. It's as if they keep him secret just so there's something to do through the rest of the movie. The seeming antagonist is some unexplained government agency that just wants to help too, so in the end the only conflict is that E.T. is dying because...um...just because. The interaction of the kids is realistic, and not in an annoying fashion like in The Goonies. I also like that the mom had her own issues going on but seemed to really care about her kids without being overbearing. The weird bond/link that Elliott has with E.T. is a cool concept even if it's not explained and comes out of nowhere. It's a movie with several magical moments, and I can see why it connected with a generation of kids, but when you peel away the magic you realize that there isn't much of a plot. Frankly, E.T. doesn't do much that is special or unique, and I don't think I'll need to watch it ever again.
September 18, 2016
This movie gives you a completely different direction of what an alien encounter could be like. I love this film because it's more of a buddy movie than a sci-fi movie. All of the characters are equally likable in their own way. One of the happiest but saddest endings.
September 12, 2016
Um dos melhores filmes de todos o tempos. Uma obra prima de Spielberg.
September 10, 2016
Sometimes I just get an urge to watch this again. This is by far one of Spielberg's best films and the John Williams score is amazing. It looks great on Blu-Ray! It is WORTH the upgrade from DVD.
August 30, 2016
5/5. A movie I loved when I was a kid and I love even more now. A true masterpiece.
August 23, 2016
One of my favourite childhood films.
August 20, 2016
If aliens ever come back to earth, we need to kill them as soon as possible. Then, we can sell their cell stems to the tyrant Obama for his Planned Parenthood experiments. With the advanced alien DNA, Planed Parenthood would be able to clone more babies to throw in their dumpsters. The dumpsters would fill up faster and they would have to schedule an extra pickup every week, which means more jobs and maybe some overtime for Tommy The Trash Man. Come back, ET. We want to kill you so that we can kill babies and create jobs. Elliott's going to turn 14 soon, he'll need to get a job. I'm sure they'll be hiring at the cell-stemming plant by then. Who are you voting for? I'm writing in Joe Lieberman, I miss that frumpy jelly-spined loser.