Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask Reviews

January 6, 2016
Very clever and fun, if you don't understand Woody you probably won't like it much.
½ September 1, 2015
Lauded as one of Allen's more underrated works, I felt this one was a turd. Out of the seven segments, I only found myself enjoying the last three, the public sex one, What's Your Perversion? the game show, and the final one with a look inside the body. I feel the other sketches were just not up par, which is the problem with anthology movies. There's always going to be a weaker part. I didn't like this one, and I do not consider it one of Woody Allen's better films.
August 24, 2015
There are 7 vignettes in total. I wouldn't say that it's entirely polished from beginning to end, but there are some clever ideas and hysterical moments and quips throughout. This definitely lays the groundwork for even better Allen to come.
½ July 7, 2015
Wonderfully absurd sketch comedy that answers the burning questions involving sex.
June 4, 2015
Unorganized, but hilariously insightful.
April 13, 2015
An undeniably strange earlier film from Woody Allen based on 7 challenging questions regarding sex & each question is covered by an individual skit.

Hosting many actors & quite a few skits where quite clever especially the final one that was very innovative & imaginative.

It's an odd film & won't be for everyone but I found it original & we'll put together. It has many visuals that will stay with you well after the film.
½ February 17, 2015
A skit show played out over 90 minutes...
½ February 9, 2015
Brain to ass. Brain to ass. Come in.

This movie depicts several short stories about unique relationships and sexual interactions. The stories take base in different countries and different eras and somehow they all tie together. As is sex, the content mixes love, humor, and unique relationships and desires.

"We have an erection at 45 degrees."

Woody Allen, director of Manhattan, Midnight in Paris, Love and Death, Shadows and Fog, Radio Days, Bananas, Small Time Crooks, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Zelig, and Annie Hall, delivers Everything You Wanted to Know about Sex but Were Afraid to Ask. The storyline for this series was entertaining and fun to watch unfold but some plots were better than others.

"I will open the latch and get her snatch."

I've actually been watching a lot of Woody Allen movies lately and decided to search for his films on cable and DVR'd them as I found them. This is far from his best work but the stories were entertaining and fun to watch unfold. The acting was pretty good and most of the conclusions were predictable but this is worth a viewing despite not being an Allen classic.

"The sheep was under eighteen years old."

Grade: B-
January 20, 2015
Delirantes episodios sobre el sexo segùn el Sr Allen, algunos màs acertados que otros.
½ December 29, 2014
A blunt, hilarious discussion about sex. Many of the jokes are hilarious. Some fall flat. Others are just plain creepy.. I counted 2 pedophile jokes, which I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the fact that Woody is accused of being one. For what it's worth, I laughed an awful lot.
½ December 23, 2014
December 22, 2014
The level of farce here is the highest I've seen in any of Allen's films
½ December 18, 2014
Some great subtle, dry and very dirty sketches. Gene Wilder's bit is best.
December 16, 2014
A couple scenes aside, this is really clever and entertaining film. Creative and witty in classic Woody Allen style. They just don't make comedies like they used to.
½ December 4, 2014
Absurdly childish, embrassingly unfunny and not half as risqué as it thinks it is, Woody Allen's feature length series of sex vignettes isn't so much full of good jokes as much as it is one.
November 22, 2014
Some of it falls flat but when it hits it's pretty funny.
½ November 5, 2014
Solo il capitolo finale vale tutto il film!
½ October 28, 2014
Filme complicado pra quem não curte algo mais fora do padrão.
Mas o último segmento já basta pelo filme todo!
October 26, 2014
Ranging from hilarious to mildly offensive, "Everything You Always Wanted to Know..." is a considered a minor product of Allen's prolific career for a reason; it just doesn't measure up.