The Extra Man Reviews

• Mar 28, 2020

Likable , slightly humorous tale centered on some genuinely eccentric NY characters; the excellent make it all believable.

• Apr 20, 2019

slightly weird movie

slightly weird movie

• Aug 23, 2015

Não é de hoje que acompanho o ótimo desempenho de Paul Dano e sua ascenção desde Pequena Miss Sunshine. Dotado de uma feição característica, sua figura simpática e ingênua soa familiar na maioria dos seus filmes em que é o mocinho. Porém, o que mais gosto nele são seus trabalhos como vilão (Sangue Negro, 12 Anos de Escravidão, Os Suspeitos), pois sua feição "característica" adquire uma função muito mais efetiva: a vontade de socar a sua cara. cinetenisverde.com.br

• Jul 30, 2015

Quaint, killed time. 2 out of 5 Stars.

Quaint, killed time. 2 out of 5 Stars.

• Nov 24, 2014

A really awful movie. Weak story. Kevin Kline at his worst.

A really awful movie. Weak story. Kevin Kline at his worst.

• May 16, 2014

Always been a fan of Paul Dano.

Always been a fan of Paul Dano.

• Sep 09, 2013

Paul Dano is starting to become pigeon-holed in my head. The more I see him, the more I realize he is perfect at playing strange characters (like Michael Shannon, without the intimidation factor.) Kevin Kline is ridiculously awesome in this movie. It's a little bizarre and occasionally laugh out loud funny.

• Jun 11, 2013

The script is indifferent to our desires, and attempts the crime of art piece. That is truly a flaw. The character of Kline's seems a child of Del Close's depiction in My Day's with Del Close, and that is truly a saving grace. The magic is in. If Kline is off screen Katie Holmes seems authentic and at peace.. as if she phoned it in, but in a Brando natural style, that invites the camera inward. If you want hacky comedy Rielly will break your heart and all supposition. The only draw back to this one is that you are ushered in and out of the cross dressing of the main character and feel that it is both canned and maybe a shame reserved for the 20's. Show me the money, and do what you do dawg. Squirming over a drag show is archaic.

• Jun 07, 2013

Kind of reminds me of Harold and Maud, but a bit too without focus and rambling.

• Jun 02, 2013

A quirky comedy, a few laughs, good performances.

A quirky comedy, a few laughs, good performances.