Reviews

• Jan 04, 2022

Mistakenly labeled by some of the reviewers as an erotic thriller (quite a popular genre in the 90's) the Kubrick's final film is much more than that having this unique haunting and mesmerising atmosphere. Though some of the critics are right questioning who all these people driving in limos and having sex parties are the movie proves to create its authentic world and showing the various angles to look at it. The questions of fidelity, craving and attraction, sexual life within a marriage are being examined while Kubrick proposing a new way to look at those topics.

• Dec 10, 2021

A weird film indeed. It think it shows the truth about female exploitation which is still happening all over the world, under our noses and our EYES WIDE SHUT to it. Just look up Jeffery Epstein island. I also liked how the film touched upon the sanctity of marriage and monogamy. Cruise and Kidman are excellent here with great chemistry. It is shot well with beautiful cinematography. Recommended!

• Nov 12, 2021

I don't think Stanley Kubrick would make it through No Nut November without failing 👋😫

• Oct 23, 2021

Very dark movie. Slightly underated. It was very suspenseful and took the cult theme to a new level. A very realistic story of a rich NY cult all being seen through Tom Cruise's uninvited eyes. The whole movie takes place in one night and keeps moving very well and stays suspenseful until the end. Would watch again.

• Oct 17, 2021

The shit some people get into when everyone else is asleep...

The shit some people get into when everyone else is asleep...

• Oct 14, 2021

This movie has many layers and meanings. An intellectual and conspiratorial puzzle with the underbelly of the power elite showing.

• Oct 06, 2021

I've been contemplating this film for a while, and have developed the rather uncommon view of seeing this as Kubrick's best work. The atmosphere Kubrick creates in this movie is mostly unmatched elsewhere, and is very enjoyable indeed, more so (for me) than more acclaimed films like A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, and The Shining. The film follows a truly unexpected and riveting journey from the lead, played very well by Cruise. This is probably the best performance I have seen from him. The film is also unclear: is this about jealousy? Power? Money? Sex? Ignorance? I like to think a combination of multiple. The film's title is interpreted by me to be a reference to ignorance, just as Bill is ignorant about fantasies women can have, just like men. Overall a very fine piece of cinema, it doesn't get too much better than this, so I score it five stars.

• Sep 20, 2021

It's really boring, many things doesn't have sense

It's really boring, many things doesn't have sense

• Sep 18, 2021

Not a Tom Cruise fan, I give this movie a *3* star rating!!!

Not a Tom Cruise fan, I give this movie a *3* star rating!!!

• Sep 13, 2021

Dreadful rot. Weird sex as monotonous tedium.

Dreadful rot. Weird sex as monotonous tedium.