Fahrenheit 451 Reviews

• 14h ago

Barely grasping at its roots, this film reinforces the fact that books are always better than their respective movies. I started it believing it would be an honest representation, only to be disappointed.

• 6d ago

It's a very intresting and beautifuel movie! With an abnormal ending

It's a very intresting and beautifuel movie! With an abnormal ending

• Jan 07, 2020

The movie is a mess from beginning to end. It is not loyal to the source material, but in making so-called "creative" choices, the value and the message of the movie were greatly diminished. The ending is also disappointing, to say the least, and fails to capture what made the book so great.

• Dec 22, 2019

As a standalone movie, this version does not make much sense. It plays on the fact that most of us have read the novel, my friends who haven't read it aren't sure what they just watched. Can they even retrieve the bird? What happens at the end? Where is Mildred, Faber, and so many more? Why are they stealing parts of 1984 to supplement what is lost in what they changed from F451. The technology and updating could have been a great idea, but they went nowhere with it... I was really excited for POC and non-traditional stars (Michael B. Jordan, Lily Singh) to be a part of my favorite story, but I am bummed that the changes and decisions to cut characters and important themes from the novel ended up with a movie that is nothing but flat.

• Nov 17, 2019

Non funziona fin dal principio per via di una trama troppo frettolosa ed estremamente superficiale. Inspiegabili le motivazioni e i cambiamenti dell'attore protagonista, inconsistenti tutte le ambientazioni. Alcune idee non trovano sbocchi stilistici al cinema e dovrebbero rimanere all'interno della forma artistica in cui sono state sviluppate in partenza.

• Nov 09, 2019

Amazingly dumbed down. What is wrong with the actual book? Not glitzy enough? Perhaps this was made as satire? Showing how stupid and fat we are, we can't understand the nuances of a classic based on its own merits? So sad. FYI kids- read the book! ... approximately 4% of this trash represents the book. You will fail if you go by this sad representation of a classic.

• Aug 15, 2019

I was so excited to see this. Such a disappointment. It felt like I was watching a poorly directed, over-drawn drama... oh wait! I was.

• Jul 24, 2019

While the film mostly misses the mark, it takes on the impossible task of modernizing a tale that is more relevant than ever. The writing is sluggish. The acting is wonderful and it does a good job of applying the technology that essentially brought on the decay the source material feared.

• Jul 23, 2019

Fahrenheit 451 is an adaptation that did its damnedest to update the source material to be more relevant to a younger audience. Ironic, considering the very actions it attempts to vilify. I will give praise to the visual F/X GUI teams, they did a fantastic job of representing a modern twist on the broadcasts and pervasive presence of The Ministry. But the story itself was lost on the editing room floor, in favor of drawn-out scenes of visualizing the character's wrestling with their own demons, while completely ignoring the impact of "YUXIE", the all-pervasive AI that is the representation of The Ministry. They built a great villain, a modern-day AI omnipresence device. I applaud them for that. But they never let YUXIE shine and become the villain it was meant to be because they chose to write Millie out of the story. Millie was Guy's wife who was so deep down society's rabbit hole she couldn't comprehend Guy's need to understand the books. She should have been the representation of what happens when we trust our AI overlords and don't think critically. Instead, they tried to wrap that role into Fireman Douglass and the other "firefighters" but failed to do so convincingly. 5 more minutes with Fireman Douglass's blind devotion and we might have walked away with a better appreciation for what Guy broke away from and what Douglass represented. I want to like this movie, I really do, but it appears they burned Bradbury's book in hopes of finding a phoenix, and were left with nothing but bland ashes.

• May 07, 2019