Falling in Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Falling in Love Reviews

June 25, 2015
Perfect perfomances of De Niro and Meryl Streep, good movie. I don't want to think about its flaws. These two legends make this movie so emotionally correct and richly full. Pure pleasure to watch them.
February 27, 2015
An American retelling of "Brief encounter". All clichés in place, the romance works mainly because it is written and played out with maturity and sensibility, which allows the viewer to care about the chain of events that lead the characters to bond and ultimately love each other, no matter if most of these occurrences are a bit corny or unrealistic.
½ February 5, 2015
Rare role for De Niro, did it well. Not over-exaggerated. Meryl Streep's great, also the ending was a decent surprise. Not so cheeseball.
½ January 20, 2015
Película que sobresale solo por sus actores principales.
December 23, 2014
LOVE this movie/am SOOO against any married people having a connection with opposite sex, this movie is SOOO well done, actually makes me accept the
relationship. Due to the outstanding acting, Music/Score, Directing I give five STARS.
December 16, 2014
I watched this, thinking it'd be nice to see a movie with characters who weren't in the first flush of youth. While I mostly liked it, I thought it was quite superficial. Understandably most of the movie was concentrated around the Robert De Niro and Meryl Streep characters falling in love. What left me dissatisfied was the way the film dealt with both of their marriages. It felt rushed and unrealistic.
December 7, 2014
FALLING IN LOVE! THE EPIC, HONEST, ROMANTIC FILM OF THE AGES STARRING TWO OF HOLLYWOOD'S FINEST ACTORS! ....meh
November 12, 2014
Robert De Niro and Meryl Streep have believable chemistry and their romance just sweeps you off your feet.
May 15, 2014
I wish Molly Gilmore would have got hit by the train. Then her husband wouldn't be with a cheater and Frank Raftis would go home to his wife and kids where he belongs.
½ April 24, 2014
Okay movie. I had not seen this before. I guess for me the main problem was the two main characters were both married to other people and both mature and frumpy enough to know better.
He's a construction worker dad of two and she's a housewife who is not working as she needs to be available for her ailing father.
Neither of their spouses are awful or treat them badly, where you could even understand why they might stray. Both spouses are also unremarkable, dull, just like our two leads.
I didn't buy the connection between the two at all. Not to say the acting is bad, it's not at all, they just don't make a convincing pair.
This just feels very based towards a late 30's up market, but I'm now there myself and also married "forever" and I can't even relate to the pair of them. I can't see either what was so bad in their current partners, or what was so great about the pair of them.
Okay tv viewing, but definitely Meryl has done better.
April 24, 2014
Película que sobresale solo por sus actores principales.
November 3, 2013
Who would've thought Meryl and De Niro could ever do wrong? Excuse me while I vomit. At least Frances Conroy has moved on to much greater things since...
August 25, 2013
One of my favourite movies
½ August 19, 2013
Ultimately, the film lacks some spark but it's nevertheless charming and sweet to watch De Niro and Streep fall in love. The longing for each other and the struggle with oneself to not go too far is so well expressed even if seldomly talked about. The actors elevate this film beyond average.
April 5, 2013
These two are supposed to be too depressed to love one another like in the Deer Hunter. I don't want to see a romance with them working as a couple.
½ February 22, 2013
This is a sweet and charming movie about falling in love and finding happiness
½ January 12, 2013
Touching movie. You can see the desperation of two people wanting to be together. Viva el amor!!!
½ December 12, 2012
I will start writing this review by saying that 100 mins of this movie put me back in time with my only one lover I ever had..... the ending kept me wanting for more....but, I think I get the point of the director/writer..... the ending of the story is up to you.

Personally, even though the ending kept me wanting for more I found it very predictable.

This movie will have a special meaning for those who have ever fallen in love. You will smile.... maybe cry but of happiness I think. I do not edit my reviews so I apologize for any misspelling of any sort. Thanks.
November 2, 2012
Muito lindo!!!! Meryl e De Niro em plena sintonia...