Fargo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fargo Reviews

March 5, 2018
Awesome movie in just about every way. Great, breakthrough acting performances by McDormand, Macy, Buscemi and Stormare opened the door for big career moves for all of them. This is one of those rare times where I agree with the Academy on all the Oscar nominations for this movie - Fargo deserved the recognition.
½ February 25, 2018
I love this quirky black comedy. Funny and entertaining.
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 24, 2018
It's really something to be able to make so successful a black comedy out of such a cruel event. A perfect combination of the different genres included.
February 19, 2018
Dark and intriguing, but not very funny as the critics would have you believe.
January 24, 2018
½ January 14, 2018
4.5/5. An excellent movie that reminds me a lot of home. The performances are excellent and it spawned an equally excellent TV show. What's not to love?
½ January 13, 2018
it was a mixup, i guess

The resemblance towards the reality is the greatest strength of Fargo since it questions the sarcasm, logic and perspective about individual characters that can only be written by observing the surrounding.
December 29, 2017
Joel and Ethan Coen, a dynamic duo in directing and producing, and Fargo only reinforces that idea of excellence. Fargo further enforces this because of its phenomonal casting and storyline.
December 26, 2017

[Joel & Ethan Coen]
December 22, 2017
My personal favorite, dark comedy/thriller Fargo tops them all. With its slow pace and off-beat humor, this Coen Brothers classic tells an intriguing story with a cast of quirky characters.
November 17, 2017
Oh geez, it's great yah.
½ November 12, 2017
Interesting but not great
½ November 11, 2017
It's not even good enough to count as a movie.
½ October 26, 2017
I don't really understand the scenario..... But the distribution is very good with Peter Stormare and Steve Buscemi !!
½ October 5, 2017
Fargo is an immersive experience all the way to the resolution. Though it's final act is incredibly disturbing, a lot of the dark-humoured jokes were quite funny. Steve Buscemi gives a great performance as well as the others of the cast. When I finished the film, it only felt as if an hour passed as I loved watching. Highly recommended (even though tons of people have already seen it since its 1996 release).
October 3, 2017
10 out of 10:

Smart, brutal, gritty, and great performances make Fargo an unforgettable experience.
September 26, 2017
Obviously few agree, but I have to be frank in my opinion. This is an annoying, unenlightened film that gets it's laughs from further annoying character querks and supposed depth that never hits as deep as the film seems to think it does. To me, McDormand's central performance was in face an annoying pantomime that neither seemed like a real person nor a relatable exaggeration. I try to understand the love that exists for this film, but in my honest opinion, this was a boring slog with no pay off. A shallow waste of time with greater goals.