Fargo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fargo Reviews

½ January 14, 2018
4.5/5. An excellent movie that reminds me a lot of home. The performances are excellent and it spawned an equally excellent TV show. What's not to love?
½ January 13, 2018
it was a mixup, i guess

Fargo

The resemblance towards the reality is the greatest strength of Fargo since it questions the sarcasm, logic and perspective about individual characters that can only be written by observing the surrounding.
December 29, 2017
Joel and Ethan Coen, a dynamic duo in directing and producing, and Fargo only reinforces that idea of excellence. Fargo further enforces this because of its phenomonal casting and storyline.
December 26, 2017
M-F

8.6

[Joel & Ethan Coen]
December 22, 2017
My personal favorite, dark comedy/thriller Fargo tops them all. With its slow pace and off-beat humor, this Coen Brothers classic tells an intriguing story with a cast of quirky characters.
November 17, 2017
Oh geez, it's great yah.
½ November 12, 2017
Interesting but not great
½ November 11, 2017
It's not even good enough to count as a movie.
½ October 26, 2017
I don't really understand the scenario..... But the distribution is very good with Peter Stormare and Steve Buscemi !!
½ October 5, 2017
Fargo is an immersive experience all the way to the resolution. Though it's final act is incredibly disturbing, a lot of the dark-humoured jokes were quite funny. Steve Buscemi gives a great performance as well as the others of the cast. When I finished the film, it only felt as if an hour passed as I loved watching. Highly recommended (even though tons of people have already seen it since its 1996 release).
October 3, 2017
10 out of 10:

Smart, brutal, gritty, and great performances make Fargo an unforgettable experience.
September 26, 2017
Obviously few agree, but I have to be frank in my opinion. This is an annoying, unenlightened film that gets it's laughs from further annoying character querks and supposed depth that never hits as deep as the film seems to think it does. To me, McDormand's central performance was in face an annoying pantomime that neither seemed like a real person nor a relatable exaggeration. I try to understand the love that exists for this film, but in my honest opinion, this was a boring slog with no pay off. A shallow waste of time with greater goals.
½ September 19, 2017
Quirky, fun, well done film
August 20, 2017
A classic. Still my favorite Coen Brothers flick. It's just so masterfully crafted. So human, so funny, so dark. Love it.
August 18, 2017
This Is My Favorite Coen Brothers Film Of All Time.
½ July 20, 2017
Fargo fills your head with questions. Fargo is incredibly absorbing and manages to maintain an engaging, measured pace throughout. The mystery never becomes entirely predictable. Well directed and performed, there's something intriguing and off-beat about Fargo. The character of Marge Gunderson is a fantastic heroine. The grittiness & irony needed for a dark comedy is there, the homespun characters are all likeable; it's difficult to nitpick a film like Fargo. A few of Fargo's sub-plots and minor characters became a little lost, but these don't detract from Fargo's storytelling.
July 18, 2017
Oh, yah it is, ya betcha.
There's more ta life than a little money, ya know? Doncha know? And here ya are. And it's a beautiful day.
½ July 18, 2017
Ok coen brothers crime movie starring William h Macy and Steve bucemi. I didn't feel any emotions or care for any of the characters. The only reason I watched this movie is because of the tv show. I heard that it's the best tv show in a while. I wasn't shocked at all, I was bored , I don't think that this movie deserves a 94 percent on rotten tomatoes.