Fast Times At Ridgemont High - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Reviews

June 17, 2017
Great Movie! All the characters were a riot!
June 16, 2017
This film is regarded as one of the greatest Teen comedies of all time. I see what they mean, but personally It's not my top favorite. I enjoyed it a lot though. It has the High School cliches of all the social groups and Teen cliches. It's a great representation of what Teens were perceived as in the 80s. It had a Star Studded cast; Judge Reinhold, Phoebe Cates, Sean Penn, Forest Whitaker. It was a pretty funny look on high school, and it's still pretty relevent. This film had a lot of funny scenes. One of my favorite scenes is the last scene in the Mi - T Mart. If you like High School comedies, you will enjoy this film.

Rating: 8.6/10
June 7, 2017
actually kind of a depressing movie from the girls perspective
½ May 17, 2017
'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' is one of those movies that perfectly captures the zeitgeist of a generation. For each decade, this list would include titles such as 'Easy Rider,' 'Annie Hall,' 'Wayne's World,' and 'The Social Network.'

Its mixture of comedy and teenage angst is deeply relatable to just about everyone who has gone through high school. However, the fact that Fast Times also doesn't shy away from some of the more sobering aspects of adolescence is what really gives it such a meaningful sense of character and appeal.
½ April 23, 2017
While the plot is fairly straightforward and often times lackluster, Fast Times is saved by stellar chemistry between characters, smooth direction, a clever and often hilarious script, and a near brilliant performance from Sean Penn.
April 14, 2017
So utterly outrageous and edgy that its raunchy humor still manages to get a laugh.
April 4, 2017
for me this is the best sean penn movie. He had me rolling on the floor laughing with that pizza scene.
March 17, 2017
A cult classic that has an uneven balance in the drama and comedy it portrays, but is none the less a fun look into 80's teen life.
March 12, 2017
Funny entertaining popcorn film with your friends kind of movie starring Sean penn and a lot of famous people that are famous now not then, man I'm talking like Sean Penn's character what's his face. Their are a lot of disgusting things or scenes in this movie but that's what you'd expect in a high school movie, nudity, it's just fact but now a days it's turning into a cliche.
½ March 4, 2017
A classic fun comedy that people can both take serious and laugh at.
February 14, 2017
Definitely dated at points, but also relevant in others.
½ January 22, 2017
Not particularly funny, nor very raunchy. Not sure what is supposed to be appealing about this one.
½ January 10, 2017
This flick is a little aged but the humour is still there. So many young stars all ready to meet their potential.
½ January 8, 2017
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine!
January 8, 2017
Almost every cheesy and stereotypical 80s cliche appears in this film but its a good laugh!
November 22, 2016
This was pretty funny all around. Sean Penn is hilarious.
October 7, 2016
Totally awesome movie dude.
September 19, 2016
They don't make teen comedies like this anymore. "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" is almost always funny and never cruel.
August 31, 2016
Watching this now, way ahead of its time is a terrible objective. The humor and intelligence of the 80s is way overdue to a point where it's hardly funny at all. I did enjoy the aesthetic of the period and the music too.
August 7, 2016