Fast Times At Ridgemont High - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Reviews

October 29, 2017
This is one of my favorite classic movies besides breakfast club!!!!
½ October 15, 2017
Fantastic movie, even the soundtrack is great. Fun, reality based H.S life if you grew up in in the 80's.
½ September 23, 2017
Dumb and fun. If you want to watch a movie that requires zero brain cells, watch this. Good for when you're ironing, filling out forms, or doing any kind of busy work and want something playing in the background.
July 30, 2017
8 out of 10:

Though it's a bit cheesy and not one of the greatest high school movie, Fast Times is still funny, relatable, and well acted.
½ July 13, 2017
To say I enjoyed this movie is an understatement. I loved Sean Penn, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Judge Reinhold. This movie is really funny, well acted, and has a soundtrack almost on par with Dazed and Confused. Come to think of it, this film is to the 80s as to what Dazed and Confused was to the 70s.
July 8, 2017
Classic. Will watch it again.

High school high-jinks at the mall.
July 5, 2017
One of my favorite time capsule movies. The fact that all the story lines still resonate 35 years later speaks volumes about the timeless themes this movie explores. Endlessly rewatchable.
July 1, 2017
Movie about the life of many different types of teens in the early 1980's. Most of the acting is really good. Especially Sean Penn, Judge Reinhold, and Jennifer Jason Leigh. But why they chose to cast Robert Romanus as Damone and Brian Backer as Rat is just crazy. They suck. But its still a good movie.
June 17, 2017
Great Movie! All the characters were a riot!
June 16, 2017
This film is regarded as one of the greatest Teen comedies of all time. I see what they mean, but personally It's not my top favorite. I enjoyed it a lot though. It has the High School cliches of all the social groups and Teen cliches. It's a great representation of what Teens were perceived as in the 80s. It had a Star Studded cast; Judge Reinhold, Phoebe Cates, Sean Penn, Forest Whitaker. It was a pretty funny look on high school, and it's still pretty relevent. This film had a lot of funny scenes. One of my favorite scenes is the last scene in the Mi - T Mart. If you like High School comedies, you will enjoy this film.

Rating: 8.6/10
June 7, 2017
actually kind of a depressing movie from the girls perspective
½ May 17, 2017
'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' is one of those movies that perfectly captures the zeitgeist of a generation. For each decade, this list would include titles such as 'Easy Rider,' 'Annie Hall,' 'Wayne's World,' and 'The Social Network.'

Its mixture of comedy and teenage angst is deeply relatable to just about everyone who has gone through high school. However, the fact that Fast Times also doesn't shy away from some of the more sobering aspects of adolescence is what really gives it such a meaningful sense of character and appeal.
½ April 23, 2017
While the plot is fairly straightforward and often times lackluster, Fast Times is saved by stellar chemistry between characters, smooth direction, a clever and often hilarious script, and a near brilliant performance from Sean Penn.
April 14, 2017
So utterly outrageous and edgy that its raunchy humor still manages to get a laugh.
April 4, 2017
for me this is the best sean penn movie. He had me rolling on the floor laughing with that pizza scene.
March 17, 2017
A cult classic that has an uneven balance in the drama and comedy it portrays, but is none the less a fun look into 80's teen life.
March 12, 2017
Funny entertaining popcorn film with your friends kind of movie starring Sean penn and a lot of famous people that are famous now not then, man I'm talking like Sean Penn's character what's his face. Their are a lot of disgusting things or scenes in this movie but that's what you'd expect in a high school movie, nudity, it's just fact but now a days it's turning into a cliche.
½ March 4, 2017
A classic fun comedy that people can both take serious and laugh at.