Father of the Bride: Part II Reviews

• Feb 15, 2021

Steve Martin reprises his role as George Banks, who's daughter is now married but now announces to the family that she is expecting her first child. On top of dealing with the imminency of becoming a grandfather his wife, played by Diane Keaton also discovers she is pregnant. While this sequel isn't as fantastic as the first, it still has a lot of heart with some funny moments. Funny support from Martin Short and Eugene Levy.

• Jul 08, 2020

A sequel was not needed but it is still a lot of fun.

A sequel was not needed but it is still a lot of fun.

• Nov 08, 2018

This film was almost good.

This film was almost good.

• Apr 23, 2018

Who cares if it is not an oscar winner. It is funny and entertaining. One of my favorite movies ever.

• Nov 27, 2016

A loose remake of the original sequel "Father's Little Dividend". This film brings back the cast of its predecessor with the same sort of tricks and antics. Nothing truly new or special. Just 2 hours of quasi-comedy related to family. (Rating: 6.5 / 10)

• Oct 03, 2016

Better than the first one if you ask me. The first movie gets more heavy-handed.

• May 17, 2016

Its better than the first one in my opinion. More laughs, more intriguing plot twists, and more extreme. Its a fun movie, with great family friendly comedy.

• Mar 08, 2016

I really didn't like this movie as much as the first. It didn't have the heart the first did, it just felt like a money grab. Yea it was kind of cool to see both of the women in his life pregnant and the absolute havoc it wreaked in his life, but it just never reached the heights of the first movie.

• Feb 19, 2016

Not great, but has it's moments. Again, Martin Short was the highlight for me, much like the original but they increased his role for this one. Okay movie if looking for a light and easy watch.

• Jan 02, 2016

If the first one was a romantic comedy, I don't know what this is! Boring & stupid, with no laughs at all! George (Martin)'s kid gets pregnant & so does his wife. Simple solution = abortion! 50 year old Nina (Keaton) should not be having a kid! Sorted = no need for rest of the movie.