Final Score Reviews

• Feb 17, 2019

I THINK IT WAS A PERFECRT MOVIE 95/100

I THINK IT WAS A PERFECRT MOVIE 95/100

• Feb 01, 2019

I can't understand how this idiotic movie got such a high review score!

I can't understand how this idiotic movie got such a high review score!

• Jan 27, 2019

This is a good movie! It is 80s style action movie. No computer graphics, no political correctness, no BS. Just straight up high-octane action with great stunt work & acting all based around a fine story about a good old US Army hero who saves the day! This new guy is alright in my book. This is simply an old fashion action movie of which they donï¿ 1/2(TM)t make much of any more. I hope to see more of this star, director and style.

• Jan 23, 2019

Final Score: 6 out of 10: Above average direct to video movie starring Dave Bautista. Basically Die Hard in a football (soccer) stadium. So onto the questions Is it as good as Die Hard? Nope, not even close. Much as Jaws rip-off remind one how good Jaws really was most Die Hard ripoffs simply remind us how good of a film Die Hard really was. I include all the Die Hard sequels in this statement. Is it as good as Sudden Death? Unfortunately not. For those who donâ(TM)t recall 1995â(TM)s Sudden Death, it starred Jean Claude Van Damme as a local Pittsburg fireman. (No really) who tries to save the Vice President (Seriously) during game seven of the Stanley Cup (I am not making this up). The fact he has a fight against a murderous Penguin mascot alone puts it heads and shoulders above this film. Sudden Death had a child in peril does this movie? You betcha. Lara Peake plays Danni the daughter of a former army comrade that Bautista feels guilt over as he gave the order that got her father killed. He flies in from the states to check in on the family and takes the girl out to a soccer game. She ditches him for some boys and it is his search for her that leads to him discovering our nefarious terrorists. Does the bad guy's plan make sense? I am going to say no. They are looking for their comrade who disappeared and is wearing a disguise. They donâ(TM)t want to kill him as much as kidnap him and make him lead their revolution. So they wire part of the stadium with explosives and search the stands using face recognition software. What they donâ(TM)t do is simply send their guys down to the stands and just grab him when he has to take a bathroom break or get a hot dog or something. Basically, they are fishing with dynamite. Oh, Pierce Brosnan is in this. Is he the bad guy? No, he plays the disguised comrade mentioned above. He phones it in so much I have to think Bruce Willis is running a class somewhere. Are there any good bits? Quite a few actually. The bad guys may have a silly plan but they have a mean streak a mile wide. They love shooting people in the head for little or no reason. Martyn Ford as the muscle man bad guy is a sight to behold. He looks like he could beat up a moving truck. Lucy Gaskell plays a bike riding bad girl who honestly needs to star in her own movie. Outside of a well above average bad guy roster the action scenes are well filmed and clearly shot and the comic relief provided by an Indian usher (Amit Shah) is often amusing. I notice you have yet to mention the star, Dave Bautista? Yeah, he is okay. His character lacks well character. He also suffers from the fact that no matter how ridiculous he never seems to get injured or even slow down. Dude falls forty feet onto concrete and barely limps. His character makes no sense. He has tactical training but canâ(TM)t figure out how to alert the authorities in a football stadium that has a live television broadcast? His female ward isnâ(TM)t any better mind you. I know she is supposed to be damsel on distress bait but the script has her ditch her âuncleâ? at the stadium for a boy. (Which marks her as a remarkably bad person). Then when she gets alone with the boy and he tries to kiss her she gets a case of the vapors like we were in a Victorian drama. Note to screenwriter; teenage girls do kiss boys they just ran off with, That is why they run off with them. Okay, so there are some logic problems with the characters and the plot? The stadium is full of blind people. There are gunfights, explosions, motorcycles flying above them and not one player or fan even notices the chaos. Nor do they panic when the cell phones are all cut off and all the gates are closed and locked. I mean really? Add in some serious stormtrooper shooting by the bad guys and Dave Batista walking off getting his head smashed against a hot grill and his hand dipped in a fryer and you have too much for the ye olde suspension of belief. So more of a science fiction picture? Well, West Ham reaching the European Cup Semi Final is practically the definition of Science Fiction. Anything Else to add? The bad guys and honestly the movie wuss out in the end. You have a stadium filled with C4 and yet the final explosion looks like an old pensioners oxygen tank went off. Overall an enjoyable film and a nitpickers delight. Dave Bautista does need to find a character other than the guy who doesnâ(TM)t get hurt when clearly he should though. He also needs a new agent. Escape Plan 3 really? Dave, did you see Escape Plan 2? You know the one you were in?

• Jan 05, 2019

Great movie, great story line. The main actor is just like the rock but only 10x better at acting !! I definite must see.

• Dec 03, 2018

Final Score (2 out of 5 stars). Final Score is a straight to dvd action thriller that pays homage to 80s/90s action movies like Die Hard, Sudden Impact,ect. It has a lot of fast, choppy action sequences, Dave Bautista delivering an action role, and a boring plot. The film opens with a montage of some Russian revolution with Arkady (Ray Stevenson) leading it and the battle ending when his brother Dimitri (Pierce Brosnan) suddenly disappeared. Years later, Michael (Dave Bautista) is visiting London to take his teenage troublemaking niece to a soccer game. During the game, Arkady and his group of men take control of the security system at the stadium. And are looking to have everyone at the stadium hostage with explosives set. Until, they can find his missing brother Dimitri who is apparently blending in with the crowd. Michael will have to use his military skills to take down the bad guys, protect his niece, and fight Arkady's team. Final Score is what you can expect for a cheap action thriller. Do not expect any great performances, a well written script, or a sharp direction. Dave Bautista was great playing the action role but delivering the emotional performance was a bit stale. The script has some cheesy dialogue. The direction is dull. It has a lot of action. Even the action of bad guys shooting at the good guys was a bit repetitive. And a motorcycle bike chase in the stadium was creative. But with the direction of having some funky rock music playing during it was terrible. Pierce Brosnan's performance as Dimitri was okay but he was only in it for a small amount of screen time. And Ray Stevenson playing the villain was a bit of a dull performance. Overall, Final Score is a bad action thriller. If you are looking for something forgettable. And a cheap action movie to pass the time. This would be it. But do not expect any exciting action, great performances, or a thought out plot.

• Dec 03, 2018

An utterly stupid movie filled with bad cliches and annoying one-note characters. Plot is totally unrealistic. 73% score from the critics calls into question their qualifications to be a critic.

• Nov 29, 2018

Very good action movie minus the annoying female teen playing a dumbass teenager. Why can't they be smarter and badass? The then typical rebellious teen. It get old real fast.