The Fourth Kind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fourth Kind Reviews

August 21, 2017
Awesome thriller documentary. Just awesome. Pretty complex film but watch it a few times and you'll get everything
August 19, 2017
Not scary ever and the footage of the real woman the film was based off of was both laughable and cruel.
July 7, 2017
Annoying when you believe that the events and all the video tapes are real :S
½ June 21, 2017
Using a sheltered location, unsolved disappearances and documentarian format to unnerving effect, The Fourth Kind explores a fascinating -- and unsettling -- type of extraterrestrial encounter with beautiful scenery, thought-provoking chills, political connotation and plenty of fun with Greek mythology.
May 1, 2017
Very errie movie. Makes you super uncomfortable if you pay attention to it.
½ February 18, 2017
I never got into the movie. I understood that it was trying to pretend to be an amateur movie about a real event...but it never drew me in. +1 star for the Ancient Assyrian. +1/2 for the effort.
January 19, 2017
The Fourth Kind is a the kind of film that can only be enjoyed if you literally turn your brain off; don't believe any of it's ham fisted attempts at real world belief, and you'll find yourself enjoying it's horrifying moments truly shocking and enjoyable. But only if you put on blinders and ignore it's own message.
December 25, 2016
One of the most underrated horror movies of all time.
½ September 9, 2016
Go into this with an open mind, and you'll reap the rewards of a very chilling film.
September 2, 2016
Acting varies from passable to downright dreadful, the attempts to make us believe in these shenanigans are laughable and the overall result is shambolic. It is billed as a 'disturbing' experience by leading actress Milla Jovovich from the outset, yet the only thing that disturbed me was the 98 minutes of my life I'd never get back!
June 5, 2016
A chilling study of alien abduction, The Fourth Kind uses real-life disappearances as the basis for an unnerving sci-fi thriller whose beautiful scenery, documentary-style camerawork and playfulness with Greek mythology prove that giving audiences the chills has nothing to do with what you see, but what you don't.
February 14, 2016
Simply not interested
February 13, 2016
Estilo Bruxa de Blair mas com ETs. Tentaram fazer de forma documental mas não colou...
January 31, 2016
One of the most insulting, misleading and false movie I've ever seen. I never liked the "base on a true story" thing that's in every found footage film, but The Fourth Kind pissed me off so much that I couldn't finish it, because the movie sloppily adverse itself as a "real life story" of these strange encounters that never happened. The dialogue is laughable, the acting was unconvincing and everything in this movie failed.
½ January 25, 2016
Scared the crap out of me. Was doing some research. Came across this movie as a result. A lot of the footage is real. Frightening stuff.
½ January 13, 2016
This film drives on your own imagination. You need to truly believe in the story told so that you can relate to the victims and experience the thrills yourself. This can sometimes be hard because of poor script, or acting, but other than that a decent horror film especially if you get fooled by its supposedly true background story.
½ January 3, 2016
Pretty darn scary if the idea of alien abduction terrifies you like it does me! The split screen thing was irritating and there were a ton of holes in the story...but Mia Jovavich and really all of the actors did a superb job, well the actual actors not the people playing real people! Lots of scary nightmare fodder in here as well.
½ November 23, 2015
Very eerie take on alien abduction. Enjoyed the movie. Very Different
November 7, 2015
Wow I was terrified after this movie but you guys gave it 19% thats ruthless.
October 4, 2015
Not the best movie ever but definitely worth giving a shot if you're into movies on the supernatural.