The Fourth Kind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fourth Kind Reviews

½ September 9, 2016
Go into this with an open mind, and you'll reap the rewards of a very chilling film.
September 2, 2016
Acting varies from passable to downright dreadful, the attempts to make us believe in these shenanigans are laughable and the overall result is shambolic. It is billed as a 'disturbing' experience by leading actress Milla Jovovich from the outset, yet the only thing that disturbed me was the 98 minutes of my life I'd never get back!
June 5, 2016
A chilling study of alien abduction, The Fourth Kind uses real-life disappearances as the basis for an unnerving sci-fi thriller whose beautiful scenery, documentary-style camerawork and playfulness with Greek mythology prove that giving audiences the chills has nothing to do with what you see, but what you don't.
February 14, 2016
Simply not interested
February 13, 2016
Estilo Bruxa de Blair mas com ETs. Tentaram fazer de forma documental mas não colou...
January 31, 2016
One of the most insulting, misleading and false movie I've ever seen. I never liked the "base on a true story" thing that's in every found footage film, but The Fourth Kind pissed me off so much that I couldn't finish it, because the movie sloppily adverse itself as a "real life story" of these strange encounters that never happened. The dialogue is laughable, the acting was unconvincing and everything in this movie failed.
½ January 25, 2016
Scared the crap out of me. Was doing some research. Came across this movie as a result. A lot of the footage is real. Frightening stuff.
½ January 13, 2016
This film drives on your own imagination. You need to truly believe in the story told so that you can relate to the victims and experience the thrills yourself. This can sometimes be hard because of poor script, or acting, but other than that a decent horror film especially if you get fooled by its supposedly true background story.
½ January 3, 2016
Pretty darn scary if the idea of alien abduction terrifies you like it does me! The split screen thing was irritating and there were a ton of holes in the story...but Mia Jovavich and really all of the actors did a superb job, well the actual actors not the people playing real people! Lots of scary nightmare fodder in here as well.
½ November 23, 2015
Very eerie take on alien abduction. Enjoyed the movie. Very Different
November 7, 2015
Wow I was terrified after this movie but you guys gave it 19% thats ruthless.
October 4, 2015
Not the best movie ever but definitely worth giving a shot if you're into movies on the supernatural.
September 16, 2015
Amazing film. This is a true story and uses actual footage from real life. The movie isnt about best actor or colorful scenes. Its about rebuilding a true story and delivering it to a dumb downed public. The public has no more credibility, with hoards of idiots chanting for trump its no wonder a thought provoking film flew right over their heads into to the mush of their muddled down trump minds. The phenomenon is very real, evidence of scars and radiation are usually present after such, with the testimony of millions of americans are mountains of evidence that can be easily found online there is no excuse for anyone of intelligence not to have discovered the simple truths that are a fingertip away from discovery. The world is becoming dumber and dumber and dumber,I typically stay away from the stuff that morons because typically thought provoking or truthful things usually end up being low rated because the general public doesn't have enough mind power to begin churning any thought from this amazing movie. Again this movie is not about Jason Staton jumping over exploding cars and lesbians having sex for no reason. This is something you need to use that tiny little pea brained mind to begin to wrap around the truth. Unfortunately for most that's just not going to be possible, complex fart jokes is the deepest most minds will ever be able to achieve
August 2, 2015
While you can't deny the scares, The Fourth Kind shows no purpose to them in this boring horror film
½ July 5, 2015
I'm a sucker for 'based on a true story', 'real archive footage' and this film deals with the story with such dignity, you forgive its Hollywood values, because at the end of the day if this story is fake, it is still entertaining and scared the crap out of me.
June 16, 2015
its got a lot of bad reviews, but I thought this movie was pretty dam good, gave me a few jumps for sure
June 2, 2015
With some genuine scares and a overall spookiness too the movie, I don't feel it deserves such a low score as it has. There are real moments to which you really start to think if what you are watching is real or not. I even went and turned on my lights during the film! Would recommend to someone that's willing to pay attention to the film and really think.
½ May 27, 2015
Clumsily structured and plotted with no inspiration, The fourth kind disposes of Milla Jovovich's attempts to bring some energy to this "True story" that was already too crazy to begin with.
May 24, 2015
The scare factor of ACTUAL found footage works well and lines up good with the intense scenes. But besides that it's just another generic horror thriller with creepy visuals.
May 23, 2015
Not a good horror film, the filming technique was crap and the plot became dull and and uninteresting. Was expecting much better