Frankenstein's Army - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frankenstein's Army Reviews

½ October 18, 2017
I found it be accident on Amazon. Loved it.
June 14, 2017
It may overload a bit on gore, but Frankenstein's Army is a tense, well-made film. It smoothly blends the horror and war genres together, and the found-footage style helps put us right in the action. Not all the acting is superb, but most of the cast give solid performances. The suspense is skillfully built up and maintained, and the "Zombots" are a clever wartime take on the iconic monster. This film is definitely not for everyone, but for those who can stomach the slightly excessive gore, it's worth watching.
February 21, 2017
A misfire in every direction, Frankston army shoots for a fun, over the top genre film, but is too corny and bland to have fun with.
½ January 7, 2017
An interesting found footage flick that utilizes some great locations, costumes, and decent actors. The enemy design is very inventive, but the movie plays like a first-person shooter video game. Surgery gore towards the end. Skippable.
July 7, 2016
awesome movie very goary and kool
January 2, 2016
Fun, trashy horror with great creature design.
½ December 24, 2015
BAD MOVIE THAT IS NOT TO BE SEEN EVEN AT FREE
December 7, 2015
Interesting film but still is good. This movie may not come so good to others but if you like the film good for you. Pretty good acting and a stable story and good ending. Cool creatures and creative charecters
November 9, 2015
If this movie accomplished anything it is the reaffirming of my belief that the sole purpose of the found footage gimmick is to save the filmmakers the trouble of actually writing a script or developing their characters in any meaningful way.
October 31, 2015
This is a movie that could have been excellent unfortunately hampered by yet another shoe-horned (and downright nonsensical considering the depicted time period) found footage gimmick. There is a time and place for found footage, and WWII is not it. That unfortunate misstep causes many problems throughout the film of pacing, cinematography, and dialogue, as often happens when bad and/or lazy writers use found footage as a crutch to jump from one scare to the next with little actual character development in between. However, the performance of the titular Frankenstein as well as the excellent practical effects and designs of his horrific creations (called "zom-bots" apparently?) make it worth checking out. With real camera-work and characters, this could have easily been one of the greatest and most unique horror movies in a long time. Instead it's an uneven mess that doesn't quite manage to overcome its flaws with its admittedly excellent moments of body horror and monster designs. I'm just really hoping for a re-imagining in the future from a writer who knows how to create real dialogue and characters combined with the designs and effects from this film.
½ October 27, 2015
Do not trust what they tell you!

During World War II the Germans are pushing into Russia. A Russian battalion assigned to push into a section of the invasion stumble into a laboratory where a unique scientist is developing super soldiers. The Russians hold off the soldiers as they try and capture the scientist.

"Go down there and see if you can find a light switch!"
"Why?"
"Because we need more light."

Richard Raaphorst delivers Frankenstein's Army. The storyline for this picture had some potential and was okay to watch unfold. I enjoyed the monsters but not the concept behind them so much. The cast delivers fairly good performances.

"Do you think it's worth it?"
"Maybe."

I recently came across this on Netflix and thought the concept sounded cool so I added it to the queue to watch this Halloween season. This was pretty good in a mindless kind of way. From an "entertainment value" standpoint it feels like Deep Blue Sea. I only recommend this to die hard horror/action movie fans.

"Well, that was fucking useless."

Grade: C
½ October 23, 2015
Barely liked this one. If it wasn't for the gruesome deaths and the really cool monsters, the movie was pretty boring. But I really did thoroughly enjoy all the monsters, and all the deaths, so it passes the test. Not much else to say about this movie. If you like grindhouse stuff, you will like this. ok concept, ok execution.
½ October 20, 2015
just messed up enough to be cool
October 12, 2015
Me and my son watched the trailer of this movie when watching the third season of The Walking Dead. The trailer looked quite cool so I decided to get it. Maybe I should hesitated a bit when I saw that it was really cheap on Amazon but I thought, what the heck, it is cheap and horror movies do not seem to have that big an audience these days. Well, unfortunately, the cheap price was well merited.

I guess one good thing one can say about this movie is that the producer had tried to make it a bit original. Unfortunately it did not work for me. I have never really liked these handy-cam movies where all the scenes are jumping around. This one tried to be a bit original in that it was simulating being made by an old-fashioned world war II film camera instead of a handy-cam. I am afraid that it did not really make it any better as far as I am concerned. It just added a few scrapes and the occasional end of the film reel effect every so often. Usually when something gory was about to happen.

Speaking of gory. The movie was not really that goory unless you count a lot of body parts being strewn around the scenes. Plenty of the, supposedly, gory parts was just silly, possibly supposed to be comical, but mostly just really silly. The part where the mad "genious" was grafting to brain parts, one Nazi and one communist, together was just ludicrous and sad.

The blurb claims this was supposed to be Hitler's last ghastly attempt to win the war but in the movie it seemed little more than some crazy guys drug induced dream. The main adversary failed completely in projecting any form of "genius" image and there certainly did not seem to be any support from the Nazi regime.

To make matters worse there was really not a single likable person in the movie. All the characters where either just filler characters, crazy people, real assholes or some mixture of said traits.

I am afraid that I had to force myself to watch this movie to the end.
September 30, 2015
It's a very interesting movie unlike anything I've ever seen. Very gory and violent but not scary mainly just creepy. The monster designs were unique and once it got going it was very entertaining. The ending was garbage and it just ended it the middle of the scene. Still worth a watch.
½ August 10, 2015
Great costume designs
June 10, 2015
A FF movie that's gory fun.The monster look straight out of human battlebots and the story doesn't sux just enough so the viewer can enjoy.
April 8, 2015
I liked the freaking monsters and loved Karel Roden as Victor Frankenstein.
½ March 22, 2015
Yo se que todos se tocaron con esta.