Full Frontal Reviews

• Jan 06, 2019

As a comedy without jokes, it's incredibly dull

As a comedy without jokes, it's incredibly dull

• Apr 03, 2017

I get the negative reaction, but I had a pretty good time with this. I think I just have a high tolerance for Soderbergh's shenanigans; I liked Bubble and The Girlfriend Experience after all. I thought the multiply-nested structure of films-with-films was compelling, and it's also pretty funny.

• Jul 31, 2016

Soderbergh is so busy trying to create his movie-within-a-movie -- and, in at least one instance, his movie-within- a-movie-within -a-movie -- that he botches the enclosing movie.

• Jul 25, 2014

they keep losing my review-grrrr

they keep losing my review-grrrr

• Jan 05, 2014

Full Frontal est la version riche de Schizopolis. Plus long (un poil trop), encore plus provocateur, avec encore moins de sens, le film est une fabuleuse plongee hilarante et passionnant dans l'esprit nebuleux de Steven Soderbergh, bien aide par des acteurs excellents (Blair Underwood, Julia Roberts) et des cameos fantastiques (David Fincher, Brad Pitt et autres Jeff Garlin dans le role d'Harvey Weinstein) qui ne font qu'accentuer la qualite de l'entreprise. Un grand film trop meconnu.

• Jan 03, 2014

Soderbergh has decided to take a break from his big Hollywood blockbuster/money maker mainstream films to direct this tiny budget, small essay of a film. It's an honest effort but this film feels completely pointless in the end. It stars a lot of great actors but it's more a curiosity than a real entertainment.

• Jun 17, 2013

I'll Shoot On High-Definition Video Rather Than 35mm Film, I'll Use The Panavision Genesis To Shoot All Of My Feature-Length Films Which I Wrote And Directed Under My Film Directing Name ''David East'', I'll Photographed All Them Digitally Under My Director Of Photography Name ''Carl Manners'', And I'll Edit All Of Them With An Apple Final Cut Pro X Under My Film Editor Name ''Peter Pierce''.

• May 20, 2013

Steven Soderbergh's body of work is varied and always, ALWAYS worth watching. This is one of my favourite movies of all time - if you didn't like it, you just didn't get it!

• Mar 14, 2013

That was weird. Inter-tangled relationships and "film within a film" ... I think. Has a number of big names in it playing roles or as themselves.

• Dec 07, 2012

On paper, the plot of 'Full Frontal' is relatively complex and to a degree, interesting. The resulting "Film-inside-a-film", while to a point enjoyably meta and creative, ends up being nothing more than a skewed, overly fragmented, and poorly shot, low quality mockumentary which (poorly) attempts to plum the depths of the underworld inherent within the industry. Final Grade: D+