Reviews

• Cindy I Super Reviewer
    Oct 11, 2010

Rather lame and probably somewhat offensive to members of the Latino community for its stereotypical depictions of Mexican "banditos" and lazy peasants. A bandit (Leo Carillo) who is obsessed with 1930s gangster movies emulates his heroes by kidnapping an opera singer (Nino Martini) and an heiress (Ida Lupino). Supposed to be a comedy-musical but you couldn't prove it by me (Martini does have a really good voice), One clever bit of business though...at one point in the film, several "real" gangsters show up. Each one is a lookalike of a famous movie gangster: James Cagney from "Public Enemy", Paul Muni from "Scarface", Edward G. Robinson from "LIttle Caesar" and George Raft from ....well, pretty much everything. Other than that...can't really recommend it.

• Aug 16, 2008

As far as Gay movies go, not enough mano mano action and certainly not enough pazzaz... i rented this and fully expected a damn good chugg but to no avail..Ida Lupino, I'm not impressed.

• Feb 17, 2008

awesome movie the gay parts were the best.

awesome movie the gay parts were the best.

• Feb 16, 2008

It had everything I expected - a Gay Desperado. A very pleasing film.

It had everything I expected - a Gay Desperado. A very pleasing film.

• Dec 26, 2007

Although I'm so tired of films about gay Mexican bandits in Chicago, this was worth it.

• Oct 10, 2007